RESCUE ME - New season!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Marinepits » August 5th, 2009, 9:41 am

Okay, two words: self tanner.

LMAO LMAO LMAO
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » August 5th, 2009, 4:03 pm

The beginning was SO WEIRD again. :rolleyes2:

But, OH THE SELF TANNER!

Missy and I couldn't text fast enough as we were laughing.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » August 5th, 2009, 4:45 pm

We were laughing so hard we had tears rolling, LOL. "It looks like a hairy cheese doodle."

"A Cockwork Orange." LMAO
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jackuul » August 5th, 2009, 5:01 pm

I personally liked the first season or so but was never really into it with every episode, just what I could catch. However after what Denis Leary did, it effed it all up for me a year ago....and pissed me off for a great long while.
For reference.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » August 5th, 2009, 5:17 pm

Did you read the book "Why We Suck"? I did and laughed my ass off. The whole "autism" thing was taken out of context and, as usual, the media blew it out-of-proportion. Read in context, it's not nearly as bad as the creatively edited version everyone got pissy about. He's a comedian -- that's what he does, and for people to take him seriously? Please.

:D Hey, want to get irritated with a comedian? Try Roseanne Barr's latest stunt -- she's Jewish, she did a story for Heeb magazine, she dressed and acted as Hitler, and was pulling "crispy Jew cookies" out of the oven in her pictorial.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jackuul » August 5th, 2009, 5:48 pm

I thought that was hilarious to be honest.

When you have a relative with autism that really does have problems though, it amplifies things. However, what Barr did I thought was very satirical and nearly Mel Brooksish.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » August 5th, 2009, 6:00 pm

Well, I'm married to a Jew who lost relatives to Hitler, so it wasn't quite as hilarious to me. :wink:

I still think she's funny sometimes, though.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » August 5th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Marinepits wrote:We were laughing so hard we had tears rolling, LOL. "It looks like a hairy cheese doodle."

"A Cockwork Orange." LMAO

That was the best part of the show last night except for the conversation at the closing of the show. Holy Sh*t I needed a cold shower after that.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » August 5th, 2009, 7:23 pm

madremissy wrote:.....except for the conversation at the closing of the show. Holy Sh*t I needed a cold shower after that.

No kidding, huh? I think I had the same look on my face that Tommy did, LOL. :shock:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » August 5th, 2009, 11:15 pm

Marinepits wrote:
madremissy wrote:.....except for the conversation at the closing of the show. Holy Sh*t I needed a cold shower after that.

No kidding, huh? I think I had the same look on my face that Tommy did, LOL. :shock:

Me to. :giggle:
madremissy

Postby Marinepits » August 12th, 2009, 8:07 am

More brilliant acting by Sheila! :clap:

The opening scene was absolutely hilarious! "Spicsapades". "Tastes like cat piss." And Mike just broke out in song?!? LMAO

I guessed Jimmy cheated with Janet as soon as Jimmy wouldn't answer Tommy in Sheila's kitchen. It was an "oh crap" moment. Tommy is going to lose what's left of his mind if that turns out to be true. :neutral:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » August 13th, 2009, 6:32 am

Yes, Sheila is the whole show now... Her "son" the probie is really funny, too.

The rest of it is just so OFF to me. :| Too dark or too weird or just too.....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2009, 9:49 am

I like the darkness (never can be too dark for me, LOL), but there is a level of strangeness/oddness that wasn't there in the first three seasons. Last season started to get weird, but this season is just.....I don't know. :confused:

I heard a rumor that Tommy is going to get killed off and that next season he'll be back as a ghost to haunt the other characters. Not too sure I like that idea. :neutral:

Found this on another forum:

You are missing the big picture the show is not about Tommy's dog. How a man provides for his kids education. The story is how a 9/11 survivor at ground zero carries on his life when people around him see how hurt he is but refuse to RESCUE HIM. He has done nothing but provide for their needs, their shortcomings, their faults, their wants, janet's need for some sex and destroy him a little more, sheilas neediness, fienburgs being a D@#K, Lou being out of touch, garrity and probies stupidity, black sean banging his daughter, franco makin a conspiracy about something Tommy almost died in. deal with that everyday. Makes me want to down a bottle of whiskey and take a couple aspirin and I'm just watching the show.

I want to see the writers (including Leary himself) get back to this.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » August 13th, 2009, 10:57 am

I just wasn't into it this week. I just can't believe they are getting away with some of the things they say. It doesn't bother me but very suprising.
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » June 21st, 2010, 6:41 pm

1) Rescue Me is back for another season on 6/29.

2) SOMEONE'S SON, from FDNY (*AHEM*) is an extra along with other Firefighters. I am waiting for photos from my Daughter-in-law. No Denis Leary sightings but lots of the other guys from the show.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » June 21st, 2010, 7:39 pm

The FDNY was needed for the finale of the show...2011 season. Those of you that watch the show will recognize the actors/actresses. :)

My son is on the left.

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » June 21st, 2010, 8:42 pm

CONGRATS! That is really cool!

No posting spoilers from the finale, please! :shock:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » June 21st, 2010, 9:36 pm

Akkkkkk, Jimmy is hobknobbing with our favorites!!!!! He always looks so handsome in his uniform.
So proud. :heartbeat:
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » June 22nd, 2010, 5:54 am

Marinepits wrote:CONGRATS! That is really cool!

No posting spoilers from the finale, please! :shock:

Thanks...and I was sworn to secrecy, from my DIL, who was sworn to secrecy from my son, who of course told her, and she told me. :mrgreen:

madremissy wrote:Akkkkkk, Jimmy is hobknobbing with our favorites!!!!! He always looks so handsome in his uniform.
So proud. :heartbeat:

Wait till we see what's under that uniform in the next FDNY calendar. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » June 30th, 2010, 6:22 am

Okay.

So.

Missy and I watched it "together".

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED????? Was it a dream? Was it like Scrooge seeing his past, present and future?

Really...WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??

(P.S. I really don't want to join the RESCUE ME FORUM, so just tell me WHAT HAPPENED!)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic