FnF tourney-August?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 13th, 2009, 10:36 pm

We're planning on coming up to NY for the FnF tourney in August...Matt, will you be there? Michelle?

We'd love to see you guys again! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » June 13th, 2009, 11:06 pm

I'll definitely be there to watch, I don't believe the Mr. Riggs will be running. Stranger things have happened though....
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » June 13th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Cool! I think we'll have a pretty big group coming up there...at least two teams, perhaps three. :D It's our b-day weekend (me n' John)...and we're excited to have something fun to do!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby fenella » July 6th, 2009, 8:40 pm

You'll get to see Murphy run on our green team. I'm so excited!
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 6th, 2009, 8:44 pm

We'll be bringing four teams... :woowoo:

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » July 6th, 2009, 10:52 pm

YAY!

I'll only be there on Saturday to watch. We should all go out to eat on Friday night. :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » July 7th, 2009, 9:03 am

Heyyyyyyyyyyy I get to meet Erin :D

I'll be there!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » July 7th, 2009, 9:03 am

mnp13 wrote:YAY!

I'll only be there on Saturday to watch. We should all go out to eat on Friday night. :D

I'm thinking SL??? :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » July 8th, 2009, 12:30 am

LMM wrote:Heyyyyyyyyyyy I get to meet Erin :D

I'll be there!

COOL! :)

I think Jenn (Fenella) is carpooling with us...so that makes at least three for dinner! lol

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » July 27th, 2009, 11:45 am

We're gearing up for this tourney...very excited! It's been too long since our last tournament. :D

Matt...are Earl and Kayden gonna be running?

TheRedQueen

Postby StalkerBlueDog » July 28th, 2009, 4:18 pm

I'll be there Sat running our Rottie boy Zack on a Vet's team. My hethan of a sheltie may or may not be playing just for warm ups to get practice on Sat and for single dog racing on Friday.. I have a sheltie/Collie match and seminar I'm taking the puppies to on Sunday so I won't be there sunday.

We should do dinner Friday. That would be awesome. It was alot of fun last year.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby mnp13 » July 28th, 2009, 4:27 pm

We should definitely do dinner on Friday, I can't on Saturday! :wink:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » July 29th, 2009, 5:13 pm

I might bring the spotted monster on Friday for single dog racing.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » August 11th, 2009, 9:35 am

Longest flyball tournament EVER. :nono:

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » August 11th, 2009, 3:26 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Longest flyball tournament EVER. :nono:

Don't give up on them, the last two were great, this time was just an adjustment.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » August 11th, 2009, 3:31 pm

mnp13 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:Longest flyball tournament EVER. :nono:

Don't give up on them, the last two were great, this time was just an adjustment.

I spoke to many teams from our region...and everyone was pissed. Not a good vibe. I even told Kay that we wouldn't be back...she was all..."Oh really?" :rolleyes2:

I'd come back just to visit all my Rochester friends...but otherwise, nah.

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » August 11th, 2009, 3:44 pm

I understand and I sympathise, I truly do.

My point is that if you look at the last two tournaments they went very well from what I was told. This one didn't run smoothly but next time the new format will be old hat. If you have suggestions on how to improve things, definitely contact Mandy or Kay. They do want constructive criticism.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » August 11th, 2009, 7:25 pm

mnp13 wrote:I understand and I sympathise, I truly do.

My point is that if you look at the last two tournaments they went very well from what I was told. This one didn't run smoothly but next time the new format will be old hat. If you have suggestions on how to improve things, definitely contact Mandy or Kay. They do want constructive criticism.

What was the new format...do they mean the 3 of 5? Looked like typical stuff to me...with people on the line that didn't know what they were doing (there is nothing new about that part...the sheets are the same, no matter the format).

I'll definitely send them an email.

We do like FnF as a team...everyone's nice and friendly...just a bit...um...disorganized? ;)

TheRedQueen

Postby fenella » August 14th, 2009, 3:10 pm

I, too, was frustrated. I don't think that it was a reflection on the club or the team. The FnF people were very nice. The tournament was fun. I still like the venue.
I did have some issues with it, though. It didn't seem like everyone knew what was going on. There were mistakes made on the C2's (which I believe were fixed...I saw some people writing down question marks in the win/loss column instead of just checking to see who won). The frustration was that there seemed to be a conference after nearly every race, which slowed things down. It seemed like there was confusion over which team won...even on the second day. I was, um, taken aback, that, even with the tournament running as late as it was, there was a 5 minute break to vacuum the floors. (even if it did come as the result of another team's complaint...not the fault of FnF...just frustrating). I think things would have been quicker if the "90 seconds from the time the previous team picks up their boxes" rule had been enforced. I also think that warm-ups should have been cut back. At a lot of tournaments I've been to, the judges cut them down, and by the end, just ask the teams if they really need them and move right into racing. At some points, we were only getting in 4 or 5 races an hour instead of 8 or 9. All in all, I didn't hate the tournament or anything...and I wasn't at the other tournaments this year, so maybe it was just a fluke (things weren't this slow last year, as I remember). Everyone was really friendly, which was a plus.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Sports