Heres a interesting problem

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby blackdoggy » August 10th, 2009, 10:26 pm

I have been planning on getting my baby's momma I finally got permission to get her from my mom but the thing is she flipped the heck out on her best friend (a German shep who roams free). The German shep has been around this girl since she was a puppy but for some reason she flipped out on her the other week and now I am getting ready to bring her home should I worry about her going off again :? . The German shep is fine now but she was bit up pretty bad and is back around my baby's moma, the girl has never fought in her life but I am planning on chaining and then penning up the girl until I know I can trust her.
Its not the dogs fault you got bit he thought you were trying to hurt me.
blackdoggy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » August 10th, 2009, 10:47 pm

blackdoggy wrote:I am planning on chaining and then penning up the girl until I know I can trust her.

I would caution you that chaining and/or penning a dog can create other problems, including increasing aggression and frusteration. Your best way to get to know her and trust her is to have her with you - not somewhere else.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » August 10th, 2009, 11:08 pm

At this point you're either legitimately stupid or the most persistent smurfing troll I've ever seen. In case the former is true...

DO.

NOT.

GET.

ANOTHER.

DOG.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28174

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27432

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26087

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26022

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23770

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23468

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22815

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby katiek0417 » August 11th, 2009, 12:15 am

mnp13 wrote:
blackdoggy wrote:I am planning on chaining and then penning up the girl until I know I can trust her.

I would caution you that chaining and/or penning a dog can create other problems, including increasing aggression and frusteration. Your best way to get to know her and trust her is to have her with you - not somewhere else.

I agree....I'd be very concerned about doing that...you need to be very careful with a situation like this... :rolleyes2:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby iluvk9 » August 11th, 2009, 6:21 am

Oh, Demo... :giggle: You truly crack me up with your honesty. And as a regular ol' dog owner, I agree with you. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » August 11th, 2009, 7:53 am

Waiiiiit a minute.....are you the person who had his pack of dogs roaming free so they could hunt and then refused to fence your yard after a neighbor shot at them after one (or more?) of your dogs went after his livestock?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » August 11th, 2009, 7:55 am

Ugh, yea, I should have read further.

You really shouldn't ever have animals again.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » August 11th, 2009, 8:41 am

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » August 11th, 2009, 8:44 am

DemoDick wrote:the most persistent smurfing troll I've ever seen.
Has to be a troll :| as nobody can be that stupid.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » August 11th, 2009, 10:05 am

So what exactly IS the definition of troll??
yeah, I can figure""trolling' the forums, but ..............??????????

I went back through and read some of the topics, and HOLY COW........ :o
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » August 11th, 2009, 10:10 am

ArtGypsy wrote:So what exactly IS the definition of troll??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » August 11th, 2009, 10:13 am

Okay, guys, let's look at it this way:

If he is a troll, why bother continuing the thread and giving him the attention he wants? Let this thread just die out and be done with it. I know I have better things to do today than watch this thread. :wink:

On the other hand, if he is *that* ignorant of dog behaviours, training, etc, at least he came here to ask the questions he needs to educate himself. So, try to educate him without the ridicule -- no one learns by being made fun of.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ArtGypsy » August 11th, 2009, 10:28 am

TheRedQueen wrote:
ArtGypsy wrote:So what exactly IS the definition of troll??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

oh.
well, Yep, Could def. fit that criteria....*just look at all the drama stirred up between the members))..

and Jen, true, being mean isn't going to teach anything, but from reading all the stuff, being informative, diplomatic and concerned doesn't seem to teach anything either.

What seemed interesting to me, is the 'calm' responses to the forum member's outrage------and why come here and ask for advice? After all the 'view topics' that demo published , it's obvious the poster knows what kind of forum we are and how the members are going to react>
Why not just call Animal control, post on CL or drop them off? Seems much 'ado' about something the poster knows we aren't/can't help with anyway.

hmm...

Frankly, I'm not reading any more posts from him------unless we drive out to the location and do one on one education, we're barking up an empty tree.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby blackdoggy » August 11th, 2009, 10:33 am

mnp13 wrote:I would caution you that chaining and/or penning a dog can create other problems, including increasing aggression and frusteration. Your best way to get to know her and trust her is to have her with you - not somewhere else.

Thanks I will just chain her close by the house and work with her until I can convince my mom to let me have another large baby in my bed. As for the rest of you go smurf yourselves
Its not the dogs fault you got bit he thought you were trying to hurt me.
blackdoggy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 11th, 2009, 10:39 am

Look, you can't possibly be surprised that people have a tendency to get up in arms whenever you post here. You never post unless it's something that stirs up drama. Keep up the attitude and you'll be taking a little vacation from here. I'm locking this thread for now.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Training & Behavior