Packers GM won't rule out interest in Vick

Postby Jackuul » August 4th, 2009, 3:10 pm

NNNNYYYAAAAG!

If the Packers did that I would burn all of my Packer memorabilia with the exception of the Favre related items.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » August 4th, 2009, 3:19 pm

“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TinaMartin » August 4th, 2009, 3:26 pm

I will so scream and throw a major temper tantrum if they have anything to do with him. :cuss: I have been a cheese head all of my life even when they were a down and out team. This would be the first time I would refuse to support my team.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Nizmo357 » August 11th, 2009, 4:42 pm

IMO i think he should be able to come back on some major conditions. he did 18 months, that he was sentenced to. he did his time. everyone knows he screwed up, but thats how he makes a living, thats his job and his life. i say let him play under some conditions. just because he did a bad thing doesnt mean he should spend the rest of his life in jail. JMO
Nizmo357
Just Whelped

Postby call2arms » August 11th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Apparently the NFL welcomes convicts with open arms, so why not... Shootings, killing people while DUI... Hey, fighting dogs is just another crime on the 10 foot long list, I hear.

Like my boyfriend was saying, playing the NFL is a privilege, not a right. Being a teacher that's convicted of a crime most likely doesn't have a job afterwards, even if he pays his dues in fully. Being a RCMP and going out with a girl who used to smuggle drugs across the border before he knew her, job lost. Being a football player and screwing up, you're just fine!

If it were only me, Vick could go work in a convenience store or mop a McDonald's floor for the rest of his life - if he's capable to remember a play he can surely do this to make a living, I surely would like but don't NEED to have million dollar contracts... But his shirt will sell, and people will forget, if he plays again. I think the worst in there is that not only would he be "famous", but he would regain a very well paid job, which he certainly does not deserve.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Nizmo357 » August 11th, 2009, 6:18 pm

call2arms wrote:Apparently the NFL welcomes convicts with open arms, so why not... Shootings, killing people while DUI... Hey, fighting dogs is just another crime on the 10 foot long list, I hear.

Like my boyfriend was saying, playing the NFL is a privilege, not a right. Being a teacher that's convicted of a crime most likely doesn't have a job afterwards, even if he pays his dues in fully. Being a RCMP and going out with a girl who used to smuggle drugs across the border before he knew her, job lost. Being a football player and screwing up, you're just fine!

If it were only me, Vick could go work in a convenience store or mop a McDonald's floor for the rest of his life - if he's capable to remember a play he can surely do this to make a living, I surely would like but don't NEED to have million dollar contracts... But his shirt will sell, and people will forget, if he plays again. I think the worst in there is that not only would he be "famous", but he would regain a very well paid job, which he certainly does not deserve.

i dont think playing in the NFL is a privilege at all. it just means your that good. if it was a privilege they would be making millions and millions of dollars every year. they dont sign up to be role models, they're just playing a sport that they love and happen to exceed very well in it.
Nizmo357
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » August 11th, 2009, 6:28 pm

Nizmo357 wrote:IMO i think he should be able to come back on some major conditions. he did 18 months, that he was sentenced to. he did his time. everyone knows he screwed up, but thats how he makes a living, thats his job and his life. i say let him play under some conditions. just because he did a bad thing doesnt mean he should spend the rest of his life in jail. JMO

:bs: :puke:
sorry, In my Opinion, he should be barred, banned, hung out, whatever.

I don't know all that much about SPORTS, (tis true), but it is Fan/Sponsor BUSINESS...and he TORTURED animals...........TORTURED them.
He just didn't bankroll an OPERATION of fighting Dogs, HE clipped jumper cables to their ears and tossed them into water, while they FRANTICALLY, tried to escape.

NO NO NO............he MUST NOT PLAY.

So WHAT he played football for a LIVING...................AN OCCUPATION is not a RIGHT.

HE HAS A RIGHT, (eye roll) to get out of "jail' when he's done, but he does NOT HAVE A RIGHT to go back to a multi-million dollar OCCUPATION that's fan/sponsor driven, supported.

Just like politics or stardom. Screw up TOO bad, and your image is WRECKED.

Please, take some time to read the stories of what he DID to THESE ANIMALS.....read it, then come back and tell us he has DONE HIS TIME >( ..........
ArtGypsy

Postby Marinepits » August 11th, 2009, 6:36 pm

Nizmo357 wrote: they dont sign up to be role models

Whether or not they sign up as role models doesn't change the fact that millions of kids look up to professional athletes and want to be and act just like their favourite athletes. It may not be fair, but those athletes MUST be good role models to kids -- they don't have a choice. Last thing this world needs is a bunch of kids growing up and idolizing rapists, murderers, drug addicts, alcoholics, and dog fighters. (Oh, and dumbasses who shoot themselves in the leg in a club. WTF was that about, anyway? :| :crazy2: :lol3: ) Professional athletes and other psuedo-celebrities have a responsibility to behave properly so the kids who idolize them can learn proper behaviour -- especially those kids who don't have role models at home.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ArtGypsy » August 11th, 2009, 6:39 pm

:rantSwitch:

Hey.....I know you're new.........I shouldn't have blasted like that, I know.

Heck, I could tell by re=reading my post that I wasn't even stopping to breathe! I'm a bit more diplomatic than this.......

But I'm sorry. Everything we love, stand up for, fight for and Defend for these dogs were desecrated by this man.
And because of SPORTS and the money that's involved, he's allowed to do 'time' in a mansion, and return to a multi-million dollar job.
(okay, and don't get me started on the definition of what real work is to real people, either)...

Sorry if I came on a little strong00((with you being so new outta the gate , and all!!)) :dance:
ArtGypsy

Postby Nizmo357 » August 11th, 2009, 6:43 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:
Nizmo357 wrote:IMO i think he should be able to come back on some major conditions. he did 18 months, that he was sentenced to. he did his time. everyone knows he screwed up, but thats how he makes a living, thats his job and his life. i say let him play under some conditions. just because he did a bad thing doesnt mean he should spend the rest of his life in jail. JMO

:bs: :puke:
sorry, In my Opinion, he should be barred, banned, hung out, whatever.

I don't know all that much about SPORTS, (tis true), but it is Fan/Sponsor BUSINESS...and he TORTURED animals...........TORTURED them.
He just didn't bankroll an OPERATION of fighting Dogs, HE clipped jumper cables to their ears and tossed them into water, while they FRANTICALLY, tried to escape.

NO NO NO............he MUST NOT PLAY.

So WHAT he played football for a LIVING...................AN OCCUPATION is not a RIGHT.

HE HAS A RIGHT, (eye roll) to get out of "jail' when he's done, but he does NOT HAVE A RIGHT to go back to a multi-million dollar OCCUPATION that's fan/sponsor driven, supported.

Just like politics or stardom. Screw up TOO bad, and your image is WRECKED.

Please, take some time to read the stories of what he DID to THESE ANIMALS.....read it, then come back and tell us he has DONE HIS TIME >( ..........

he did do his time, his time that he was sentenced to by the judge and jury. do you think he really had time to run that big of an operation while traveling all over and being on the field? i dont. i do agree with you that what he did is wrong. on all levels. but i think barred, banned, hung out is a little much.
its not his right to play football in the NFL but i think if some team wants him they should be able to have him. if he was a construction worker that did the same thing they wouldnt ban him from doing construction.

the mayor of portland has messed up lied and done some a lot of pretty messed up things and he still is our mayor. unfortuanatly.

i think everyone short of comiting murder should be given a second chance. he's trying to make up for it so let him try.
Nizmo357
Just Whelped

Postby Nizmo357 » August 11th, 2009, 6:45 pm

ArtGypsy wrote::rantSwitch:

Hey.....I know you're new.........I shouldn't have blasted like that, I know.

Heck, I could tell by re=reading my post that I wasn't even stopping to breathe! I'm a bit more diplomatic than this.......

But I'm sorry. Everything we love, stand up for, fight for and Defend for these dogs were desecrated by this man.
And because of SPORTS and the money that's involved, he's allowed to do 'time' in a mansion, and return to a multi-million dollar job.
(okay, and don't get me started on the definition of what real work is to real people, either)...

Sorry if I came on a little strong00((with you being so new outta the gate , and all!!)) :dance:

dont worry about it i didnt take it personally. every one has opinions and thats why we have forums, right?
i do agree with you on most the stuff, but stuff i do not. no big deal!
Nizmo357
Just Whelped

Postby Nizmo357 » August 11th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Marinepits wrote:
Nizmo357 wrote: they dont sign up to be role models

Whether or not they sign up as role models doesn't change the fact that millions of kids look up to professional athletes and want to be and act just like their favourite athletes. It may not be fair, but those athletes MUST be good role models to kids -- they don't have a choice. Last thing this world needs is a bunch of kids growing up and idolizing rapists, murderers, drug addicts, alcoholics, and dog fighters. (Oh, and dumbasses who shoot themselves in the leg in a club. WTF was that about, anyway? :| :crazy2: :lol3: ) Professional athletes and other psuedo-celebrities have a responsibility to behave properly so the kids who idolize them can learn proper behaviour -- especially those kids who don't have role models at home.

someone shot themselves in the leg? lol! thats not funny but really, who does that.
kids are already looking up to drug addicts murderers and alcoholics. damn that rap music lol ;)
Nizmo357
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » August 11th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Nizmo357 wrote:someone shot themselves in the leg? lol! thats not funny but really, who does that.

I think it's hilarious! What an IDIOT. LMAO
It was Plaxico Burress: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4374477

kids are already looking up to drug addicts murderers and alcoholics. damn that rap music lol ;)

:lol3: Now, let's not single out rap music.

Musicians, actors, athletes, celebutards, all public figures need to realize that they are setting examples for kids. They have a responsibility to act like human beings, not morons.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Nizmo357 » August 11th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Marinepits wrote:
Nizmo357 wrote:someone shot themselves in the leg? lol! thats not funny but really, who does that.

I think it's hilarious! What an IDIOT. LMAO
It was Plaxico Burress: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4374477

:lol3: Now, let's not single out rap music.

Musicians, actors, athletes, celebutards, all public figures need to realize that they are setting examples for kids. They have a responsibility to act like human beings, not morons.

thanks for the link i'll read that when i get back from school.

very true indeed.
i guess if your not ready to be a roll model your not ready to be in the star light?
Nizmo357
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 11th, 2009, 7:06 pm

I have a dream...it consists of a world in which the NFL (or MLB, or NHL, etc) do not allow people to play again if they pick up a felony while employed as an athlete. I know it will never ever ever happen, but I think it would really clean sports up.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » August 11th, 2009, 8:03 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I have a dream...it consists of a world in which the NFL (or MLB, or NHL, etc) do not allow people to play again if they pick up a felony while employed as an athlete. I know it will never ever ever happen, but I think it would really clean sports up.

AMEN, SISTA'............AMEN!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
ArtGypsy

Postby Nizmo357 » August 12th, 2009, 1:37 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I have a dream...it consists of a world in which the NFL (or MLB, or NHL, etc) do not allow people to play again if they pick up a felony while employed as an athlete. I know it will never ever ever happen, but I think it would really clean sports up.

i dont. you can get a felony by tampering with fireworks. and when you have a felon employers or any one else can see what you felon actually is. so you could have messed with a firework, or could have murdered someone.
Nizmo357
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » August 12th, 2009, 10:01 am

No one has the "right" to a job. Any job. It is up to an employer to decide if an individual is the type of person that they want to represent their business. Professional sports are unique in that the fans are the ones who bankroll the entire operation and if they don't support the teams, the teams go away (that almost happened to the Buffalo Bills a few years ago.) Endorsements also pay for the teams, and those are also by the choice of the company.

Vick didn't "do his time," he was on house arrest for a good part of it. How aweful, he had to hang out at his mansion with an ankle bracelet on. Boo hoo. He sure wasn't in tent city in the desert wearing pink underwear. Maricopa County, Arizona has it right, and it would be nice if EVERY jail operated that way.

It's up to the NFL to decide who they want to represent them, and it's up to the individual team to decide who they want to be the face of that team. Vick lost all of his endorsements after the story broke. Nike wants nothing to do with a dog fighter, neither did any of the other companies. I hope the Falcons get their signing money back, they should.

If any team is dumb enough to sign Vick I hope the fan backlash brings them to their knees. The protests will be a circus, and if they are in Buffalo, I'll make the trip to participate.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » August 12th, 2009, 10:10 am

mnp13 wrote:No one has the "right" to a job. Any job. It is up to an employer to decide if an individual is the type of person that they want to represent their business. Professional sports are unique in that the fans are the ones who bankroll the entire operation and if they don't support the teams, the teams go away (that almost happened to the Buffalo Bills a few years ago.) Endorsements also pay for the teams, and those are also by the choice of the company.

Vick didn't "do his time," he was on house arrest for a good part of it. How aweful, he had to hang out at his mansion with an ankle bracelet on. Boo hoo. He sure wasn't in tent city in the desert wearing pink underwear. Maricopa County, Arizona has it right, and it would be nice if EVERY jail operated that way.

It's up to the NFL to decide who they want to represent them, and it's up to the individual team to decide who they want to be the face of that team. Vick lost all of his endorsements after the story broke. Nike wants nothing to do with a dog fighter, neither did any of the other companies. I hope the Falcons get their signing money back, they should.

If any team is dumb enough to sign Vick I hope the fan backlash brings them to their knees. The protests will be a circus, and if they are in Buffalo, I'll make the trip to participate.

Amen to the first part and I am right there with you on the second part.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Nizmo357 » August 12th, 2009, 3:14 pm

mnp13 wrote:No one has the "right" to a job. Any job. It is up to an employer to decide if an individual is the type of person that they want to represent their business. Professional sports are unique in that the fans are the ones who bankroll the entire operation and if they don't support the teams, the teams go away (that almost happened to the Buffalo Bills a few years ago.) Endorsements also pay for the teams, and those are also by the choice of the company.

good post
Nizmo357
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Michael Vick