It Ain't Easy Being a Pit Bull Owner

Postby Pit♥bull » July 10th, 2009, 8:57 am

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=it-aint-easy-pit-bull-owner
Good read.
Positive comments to this article are needed.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 10th, 2009, 4:38 pm

I commented. :dance:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby juniper8204 » July 31st, 2009, 8:24 pm

Pitbulls were breed and conditioned to be killing machines. They can triggered by the smell of blood, even in familiar situations. They are difficult to control and very difficult to stop once their killing instincts are operated upon.
The breed needs to be done away with--------plain and simple truth!
As to those who own such animals----too bad they can't be fazed out as well.

I guess I'm not worthy to have children. **sigh** oh, darn. I guess my veterinarian shouldn't be allowed to breed either.

Triggered by the smell of blood? oh, COME ON! They're not sharks for Dog's sake!!!

Difficult to control? I can control my four Pit Bulls way better than I can control my flock of CHICKENS!!!! GEEZUS.

This was one of the comments, btw, not in the actual article.
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby juniper8204 » July 31st, 2009, 9:13 pm

HAHA Jackuul, I knew you'd post something in response to the tarantula comment!!!! :mrgreen:
Jen

juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby demolitionic » July 31st, 2009, 10:47 pm

I find it amusing that Jean and others believe that pit bulls should not be allowed in the presence of children. Dear Jean, did you enjoy Our Gang or Little Rascals as a child? I'm sure you did. You were also most likely unaware that beloved Petey, the lovable, whimsical sidekick pup of the mischievous children was, indeed, a pit bull. Every version of every Little Rascals has been accompanied by a faithful pit bull companion - Spanky and Alfalfa still remain intact.

Perhaps you were unaware that Helen Keller's companion dog was also a pit bull. Or that President Teddy Roosevelt's canine best friend was a pit bull. Or that the first decorated war dog, accredited with saving members of its company, was a pit bull.

I also hope that you are capable of detecting explosives with your nasal passages - because there are several pit bulls who work for police departments doing this very job. In conjunction with your superior olfactory skills, I hope you are also quite adept at locating hidden narcotics, as this is the job of several police pit bulls. Perhaps you were unaware that they were used in this capacity in law enforcement. Of course, that's because generally, they are deemed "too friendly" for street work.

Seeing that you all are obviously so proficient in drug and narcotic detection, you must also excel at search and rescue. Perhaps the next time there is an elderly dementia-afflicted patient who has gone missing, or a small child who has vanished, or a pregnant woman who has disappeared, or a space shuttle that crashes, we will be able to contact you to push valiantly onward through harsh climates and conditions, forgoing any and all limits and comforts, forcing yourself to stave off exhaustion, physical and emotional distress, and situating yourself in the middle of certain danger in the hopes of finding those in dire straits - because this is what multiple search and rescue pit bulls do at the drop of a hat, any time they are needed.

Granted, there are unscrupulous individuals who tarnish the breed, and all of us mourn for their victimized dogs, but every time you insult a pit bull you don't know, or their owner, you insult a long legacy of strong, valiant dogs who've proven themselves and their devotion time and again over hundreds of years.

Every time you call for the genocide of the pit bull breed, you call for the extinction of vital parts of various law enforcement organizations both local and national. A danger? Their selfless devotion keeps you & your children safe, every day.

Hug a pit bull; you're welcome.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby juniper8204 » August 1st, 2009, 12:36 am

LOL I just got done reading that on the site. It's a good post. We can only hope that some people will be open-minded enough to really read all the good stuff and not dwell on the bad stuff, which is so often the case.
Jen

juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby CinderDee » August 1st, 2009, 7:18 am

Good article! Some of the comments are ridiculous.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 1st, 2009, 8:41 am

demolitionic wrote:
I find it amusing that Jean and others believe that pit bulls should not be allowed in the presence of children. Dear Jean, did you enjoy Our Gang or Little Rascals as a child? I'm sure you did. You were also most likely unaware that beloved Petey, the lovable, whimsical sidekick pup of the mischievous children was, indeed, a pit bull. Every version of every Little Rascals has been accompanied by a faithful pit bull companion - Spanky and Alfalfa still remain intact.

Perhaps you were unaware that Helen Keller's companion dog was also a pit bull. Or that President Teddy Roosevelt's canine best friend was a pit bull. Or that the first decorated war dog, accredited with saving members of its company, was a pit bull.

I also hope that you are capable of detecting explosives with your nasal passages - because there are several pit bulls who work for police departments doing this very job. In conjunction with your superior olfactory skills, I hope you are also quite adept at locating hidden narcotics, as this is the job of several police pit bulls. Perhaps you were unaware that they were used in this capacity in law enforcement. Of course, that's because generally, they are deemed "too friendly" for street work.

Seeing that you all are obviously so proficient in drug and narcotic detection, you must also excel at search and rescue. Perhaps the next time there is an elderly dementia-afflicted patient who has gone missing, or a small child who has vanished, or a pregnant woman who has disappeared, or a space shuttle that crashes, we will be able to contact you to push valiantly onward through harsh climates and conditions, forgoing any and all limits and comforts, forcing yourself to stave off exhaustion, physical and emotional distress, and situating yourself in the middle of certain danger in the hopes of finding those in dire straits - because this is what multiple search and rescue pit bulls do at the drop of a hat, any time they are needed.

Granted, there are unscrupulous individuals who tarnish the breed, and all of us mourn for their victimized dogs, but every time you insult a pit bull you don't know, or their owner, you insult a long legacy of strong, valiant dogs who've proven themselves and their devotion time and again over hundreds of years.

Every time you call for the genocide of the pit bull breed, you call for the extinction of vital parts of various law enforcement organizations both local and national. A danger? Their selfless devotion keeps you & your children safe, every day.

Hug a pit bull; you're welcome.

Missed you! Don't disappear so often. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to All the news that's fit to print