UPDATE: Empire State UKC show in PETERBORO NY

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Marinepits » July 27th, 2009, 8:41 pm

maberi wrote:A big thanks to Jill as well for speaking up for the breed(s)

:rock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 27th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Thank you to everyone! What a good feeling to know that even non-pit bull people are willing to stick up for our dogs. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby LMM » July 28th, 2009, 8:46 am

maberi wrote:Yeah, no kidding, I'm actually really impressed

A big thanks to Jill as well for speaking up for the breed(s)

+1000
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » July 28th, 2009, 2:05 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Thank you to everyone! What a good feeling to know that even non-pit bull people are willing to stick up for our dogs. :)

And Jill has been championing our cause for quite some time. :)

Without meaning to sound corny, that is the reason that I really like and respect Jill. She was cornered by a number of people who were flipping out about our dogs and gave in. Then she publicly reversed her decision, made people listen to her and stuck to her guns. That takes a lot of balls.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » July 28th, 2009, 2:30 pm

I would like to highly encourage everyone who is available Sept 19/20 to please support this club's show this year. They are a relatively new club and recently encountered a problem with their show site that I am proud to report they handled very well.

Unfortunatly the club also had to take a loss by moving their show site so I would love to see some great support for this newer club that doesn't have a lot of money to begin with that did the right thing for the exhibitors of these breeds. (I also would like to applaud the UKC for allowing this show site to be changed due to this circumstance.)

I'll be there with every entry I can to support them!

I told Joanne (Daryll's wife) that this could be a blessing disquise. They handled this so well I'd love to see their entries through the roof in appreciation.
Last edited by StalkerBlueDog on July 28th, 2009, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby mnp13 » July 28th, 2009, 2:32 pm

I can't come on the 19th, but I'll be there on the 20th. I doubt I'll compete though. Are they having obedience or weight pull (I can't make heads or tails of those cryptic show listings)?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » July 28th, 2009, 2:35 pm

They're only having conformation. You have a CH! I'm sure the local pit people who have been trying to get the required 5 competition wins would appreciate the extra dog there. You need to beat at least 3 CH's 5 times to get your Grand CH.

They have had obedience in the past though. They're the club that put on the match I judged at where the exibitors were so help ful with Rigg's recall.

And I'm sure Rigg's would have fun hanging out with the fluffy evil blue dog, her spawn, and the Kaylee monster. :)
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
StalkerBlueDog

Postby mnp13 » July 28th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Ok, I'll plan to torture him in the ring for other people's benefit. :wink:

I didn't realize it was that club - they were fantastic at that match!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » July 28th, 2009, 3:36 pm

The only way I can support them is to show up for viewing :| I don't show my dogs in anything.

I'm not sure if that's good enough?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » July 28th, 2009, 3:55 pm

LMM wrote:The only way I can support them is to show up for viewing :| I don't show my dogs in anything.

I'm not sure if that's good enough?

Yes it is!!

If there is a raffle, buy some tickets or something. Make sure you ask where the show chair or show secretary are and tell them why you're there.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » July 28th, 2009, 4:14 pm

Defintely. They usually hold a 50/50 too if anyone who's not in the area wanted to support the club by buying 50/50 raflle tickets I could probably buy them during the show if you sent me a money order or conceled cash? I can mail winnings if you did win, or If you choose it could be donated back to the club.

I would of course have you make sure you include a note that I could give to the show chair thanking them for their support! (though the president joined the forum so he may read the thanks anyhow! Hi Daryll! He almost has terriers..he has dachshunds! )

(don't know if that's ok to do through here or not michelle.. just sensor me if it's not)
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby mnp13 » July 28th, 2009, 4:28 pm

You're good! :D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » July 28th, 2009, 5:58 pm

Checks made out to the Club would work too for 50/50 tickets or a flat donation to the club if you want.

PM me for my mailing address and I'll get them to them at the show.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby StalkerBlueDog » July 28th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Michelle.. if this would be more appropriate for a pay it forward thread with a brief summery of the situation feel free to move.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby mnp13 » July 28th, 2009, 10:57 pm

If people want to contact you to buy 50/50 raffle tickets that's fine :|
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » July 29th, 2009, 9:33 am

K. Thanks
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Previous

Return to North East