There's always one

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Violet » July 27th, 2009, 3:30 pm

So..we had an adoption event on Saturday. It was great. Got to talk to a ton of people. Karladaune, Cheshirekatt and JCleve were all in attendance. As well as two jr volunteers. We had Alfred along, (cheshirekatts sr. foster bully boy) who quite stole the show. We had a couple of people who kind of gave the pit bull idea a sideways look but they were open to conversation about them. Until that ONE. There's ALWAYS one, isn't there? Well..this one approached our booth and almost immediately went into a tirade. And every time she hit the word pit bull she said it loudly and emphatically how a "PIT BULL" had attacked her cocker spaniel..a show dog..and shook it by the neck. PIT BULLs are always the dogs you read about. PIT BULL shook and bit her dog, not one time..but twice...She was not to be persuaded..she ignored our arguments..and kept ranting...oh wait..did I mention she was DEAF????? Oh..she was excellent at reading lips. When she chose to actually LOOK at us. However, she spent a majority of her time simply rnating. Repeating herself over and over. As poor Alfred shrank away from teh crazy, yelling, gesticulating deaf woman.

*sighs* yup..there's always one. But by damn, Alfred was a peach anyways *grin*
Alfred says "It's all in a days work, Ladies...cookie please"
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » July 27th, 2009, 5:00 pm

Good for Alfred!!! :clap:

Some people are just beyond help. :rolleyes2: :|
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BigDogBuford » July 27th, 2009, 5:08 pm

We totally abandoned Violet with the crazy deaf lady. :giggle:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Violet » July 27th, 2009, 5:20 pm

ya know..I wasn't going to mention that part lol you bastards! lol
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby airwalk » July 27th, 2009, 5:40 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:We totally abandoned Violet with the crazy deaf lady. :giggle:

That's always a good strategy... :mrgreen:
airwalk
I live here

Postby shady-angel » July 27th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Just one?
Over here it's like ten to one! :nono:
shady-angel
Kiwi

Postby SLS61185 » July 27th, 2009, 11:41 pm

I really hope that the issue is because she was going on and on about how her dog was attacked... And not because she was deaf. :nono:

Alfred is cute.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BullyLady » July 27th, 2009, 11:46 pm

SLS61185 wrote:I really hope that the issue is because she was going on and on about how her dog was attacked... And not because she was deaf. :nono:

I wasn't involved, but I don't hesitate to say of course not, I am SURE that her being deaf was not the issue. More that it was an added complication to an already irate woman.

Sounds like you guys handled it as best you could, I think you did well. And I'm so thankful to you guys for getting out there and showing pit bulls in an excellent light, the breed needs more people like you and Jeanine.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby BigDogBuford » July 27th, 2009, 11:55 pm

SLS61185 wrote:I really hope that the issue is because she was going on and on about how her dog was attacked... And not because she was deaf. :nono:

Alfred is cute.

None of us has a problem with the hearing impaired. One of my best friends is hearing impaired. Because of how loudly she was screaming the words PIT BULL whether it was her intention or not, she was unfortunately causing a scene and security eventually came over to investigate. I was annoyed because she was rude and wanted to yell at us. :|
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SLS61185 » July 28th, 2009, 12:09 am

*whew* okay... Only reason I asked was because my mom is hard of hearing, one of her brothers is deaf and the other is *going* deaf.

I was at work the other day and this deaf family, that comes in all the time, were waiting on a table and signing to each other... I heard someone make a rude comment about them. Since I was at work I couldn't say anything.

Soo... there's a reason I get weird when people make comments about it.

So carry on... Nothing more to see here. :dance:

*I absoultely hate when people say "death" instead of DEAF*
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Violet » July 28th, 2009, 12:13 am

BigDogBuford wrote:

Alfred is cute.

None of us has a problem with the hearing impaired. One of my best friends is hearing impaired. Because of how loudly she was screaming the words PIT BULL whether it was her intention or not, she was unfortunately causing a scene and security eventually came over to investigate. I was annoyed because she was rude and wanted to yell at us. :|

What she said. She was a crazy, ranting, angry, wildly gesticulating lady who happened to be deaf.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » July 28th, 2009, 3:43 am

holy crap. :shock:

We have a Chihuhua at work right now with a "BDLD" aka Big Dog Little Dog, attacked by a Pit Bull type dog :(

The dog is messed up, no question.

1/4 of me really wants to question if it was actually a Pit Bull and not something similar. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the owner of the dog hadn't gone into hiding - not answering the door or his phone and possibly already ditched his dog :x If he had taken responsibility for it...

The rest wants to apologize, explain that I own a "Pit Bull", that he listens well to me, that he isn't evil, and that I am responsible. :neutral:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby madremissy » July 28th, 2009, 11:30 am

Alfred looks amazing in his new doggles. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby mnp13 » July 28th, 2009, 2:48 pm

One of my best friends is almost deaf without her hearing aids. When she was little if her mom was yelling at her about something she used to look her mom right in the eyes, reach up and turn off her hearing aids. lol

In circumstances where a deaf person wants to use their hearing impaired-ness as an advantage, it is an advantage. If they refuse to read your lips then they can just keep on with their tyrade and expect it to be "excused" because they "can't" understand you.

I'm not saying that people who can hear don't do similarly manipulative things, but in this case, it seems that this woman was using it to her advantage.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » July 28th, 2009, 2:57 pm

mnp13 wrote:

One of my best friends is almost deaf without her hearing aids. When she was little if her mom was yelling at her about something she used to look her mom right in the eyes, reach up and turn off her hearing aids. lol

In circumstances where a deaf person wants to use their hearing impaired-ness as an advantage, it is an advantage. If they refuse to read your lips then they can just keep on with their tyrade and expect it to be "excused" because they "can't" understand you.

I'm not saying that people who can hear don't do similarly manipulative things, but in this case, it seems that this woman was using it to her advantage.

Exactly.

I didn't have a problem with her because she was deaf. I had a problem with her because she was being a bitch. :|
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SLS61185 » July 28th, 2009, 9:57 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:One of my best friends is almost deaf without her hearing aids. When she was little if her mom was yelling at her about something she used to look her mom right in the eyes, reach up and turn off her hearing aids.

When I was little and even as I got older, my mom did the same thing. If I was complaining about something or whatever, she'd just turn it off and walk away from me. Sometimes she'd already have it off and you wouldn't know it.

If I was talkin' sh*t to her and didn't think she had it on... She'd always catch me. :dance:

She's got a Pit Bull named Tazzie... If I can find a pic of her, I'll post it one day.... And need to up date the pics of Patch, too.
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby airwalk » July 28th, 2009, 11:56 pm

Alfred is just an amazing boy....now be honest aren't you glad he came back??
airwalk
I live here

Return to Pit Bull Talk