pitbullmamaliz wrote:I would say keep an eye on her breathing, watch for swelling, and maybe keep an eye (hand?) on her pulse to make sure it's not racing or slowing down? I don't know...poor girl. Can you put ice or a paste of baking powder on them?
pocketpit wrote:Going over the body with the edge of a credit card is often helpful in removing stingers in cases where animals have been stung by large swarms of bees or other stinging insects.
Poor Kinzyl, I hope she feels better soon! How awful! A trip to your vet may be a good idea even if she seems fine since they can probably offer you some anti inflammatory meds that will probably make her feel better too.
Do not pull the stinger out with your fingers or tweezers because this will squeeze out more venom. Instead, scrape the stinger out with your fingernail, the edge of a credit card, a dull knife blade, or other straight edged object.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]