Idiot owners= stray pack encounter

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby shady-angel » June 21st, 2009, 5:13 am

:wave2: Hey. Kinda long sorry.

Yesterday I was walking cujo around the block as we have to keep his walks short in this weather, his pads get very soft.
When a brown and brindle stray pit bull mixes came around the corner.
At first I just tried to cross the road but then cujo seen them and did his usual song and dance about it, so then they came, Both running full tit at me and my dog with a chain in my spare hand. I got off the road and turned around just in time to see one of the dogs, the male, come in for the charge and I immediately Screamed stop and raised my spare hand and threw the lead at the dogs face.
It stopped dead in it's tracks, the end of the chain hadn't left my fingers and I held on, the dog ran without being touched by the chain, it just thought it was going to be hit.
The bitch then came up growling and only got within a hairs length from cujo's mouth but stayed away. With me pretending to throw the lead at it.
It then scampered away with it's mate.
I had seen these dogs before roaming. (it happens around here allot) So I decided to follow them to see if I could find out where they were from.
The two dogs ran up a long driveway and under the house, a guy was sitting on the porch and was yelling at them. "where have you been"?????????????? :nono:
I said they were down the road and had confronted him about the fact they had no collars, no identification what so ever and were in bad shape, and the fact that my dog could have injured one of them. :|

He told me I could take them away he didn't want them, :mad2: I said I'm not animal control but what the hey.
I went home rang them gave them the street addy and the description of the dogs and their living conditions <absolutely nothing! no one would think they even had a dog there let alone two> :shock:
They went and took them away and they were euthanised because any thing that looks like a pit bull is not re homed in NZ . :bs:
Sadly! :nono:

What is it with people who shouldn't be in charge of a goldfish get the right to have a poor defenceless animal that they feel as though they have to have a big dog to make themselves look cool or tough or whatever, Yet this animal doesn't get loved or cleaned or feed or given shelter and water. Why do these people get the right to use and abuse this poor dog and then that "person" gets the right to have that poor dog love them unconditionally. :(
shady-angel
Kiwi

Postby Pit♥bull » June 21st, 2009, 5:23 am

In my opinion neglectful and abusive owners should face a steep fine.... Or better yet euthanize. :mad2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby hugapitbull » June 21st, 2009, 8:47 am

I often wonder how people like that come to have the dogs to begin with. If they didn't want them, why would they have them? :nono:

RIP babes, you're in a better place now.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 21st, 2009, 9:13 am

They are in a better place now. At least they died humanely instead of getting into a fight or hit by a car.

Pit$Bull wrote:In my opinion neglectful and abusive owners should face a steep fine.... Or better yet euthanize. :mad2:

Amen.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby furever_pit » June 21st, 2009, 11:26 am

This kind of thing really gets on my nerves. I think you did the right thing tho. A laundry list of terrible things could have happened to those two dog if they continued to run around. At least they passed on peacefully and I hope the euth tech gave each of them a little piece of love before sending them on to the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby shady-angel » June 21st, 2009, 5:41 pm

Pit$Bull wrote:In my opinion neglectful and abusive owners should face a steep fine.... Or better yet euthanize. :mad2:

In my opinion they should be tortured and made to fight to the death like they do to the poor dogs!
shady-angel
Kiwi

Postby shady-angel » June 21st, 2009, 5:43 pm

[quote="pitbullmamaliz"]They are in a better place now. At least they died humanely instead of getting into a fight or hit by a car.

These dogs had some horrific fighting scars and rips. But I wish they looked for good homes for them if possible.
shady-angel
Kiwi

Postby shady-angel » June 21st, 2009, 5:47 pm

furever_pit wrote:This kind of thing really gets on my nerves. I think you did the right thing tho. A laundry list of terrible things could have happened to those two dog if they continued to run around. At least they passed on peacefully and I hope the euth tech gave each of them a little piece of love before sending them on to the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP

It rips my heart out to see how someone can be so cruel to a beautiful animal.
It was hard for me when I knew they wouldn't bother to try find good homes for them if possible.
I really hate our government! :mad2:
shady-angel
Kiwi

Postby kera09 » July 1st, 2009, 11:31 pm

poor dogs had to die bc if irresponsibe owners! wtf?! i carry mase with me when walking if a situation arises i will not hesitate to spray it. it would be better then a dog dying!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby shady-angel » July 2nd, 2009, 6:34 pm

I think pepper spray is illegal to carry on you over here. :|
I would hate for some poor pet to get hurt by my dog because that person feels like they don't have to control their dog! :nono:
Cujo doesn't look twice at little dogs but we've had a few feisty chihuahuas come at us. :D :mad2:
shady-angel
Kiwi

Postby lokisdad » July 21st, 2009, 5:25 pm

sad story, but paving roads that dont need repaving, re sodding public fields that are already beautiful, chucking out every working incandescant light bulb in government buildings and upgrading to 6500pc of $35 LED bulb that will last 100,000 hours, oil and war all have priority over funding for the education of imbeciles.

:crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
lokisdad
Just Whelped

Postby shady-angel » July 22nd, 2009, 7:43 pm

Indeed, I have replaced most of my lights including the car lights to LED. :dance:
shady-angel
Kiwi

Return to Pit Bull Talk