hey guys, new screen name

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby ma67cpe2 » July 15th, 2009, 10:55 pm

hello everyone. i haven't been on the forum in a while. The last time I was my pit Max was vomiting and you all provided so much help. we are doing better!

I tried to log in under my original screen name, ma67cpe, but for some reason i was unable to access it.

anyway, i mainly I wanted to log in tonight because Max's best pal, my beloved Lab Kasey passed yesterday, very unexpectedly from bone cancer. we are both taking it exceptionally hard. he won't eat, and he keeps looking for her everywhere. what can i do? i need your help, friends.

Thanks
Lauren & Max
RIP Kasey
ma67cpe2
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » July 15th, 2009, 11:18 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jackuul » July 15th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Your dog picks up your feelings as well as its own, so I would (as I have been doing with my other dog, which has been mopey since my little buddy Spot died) just take him on peaceful walks, see if he will play, and let him pretty much know that everything will be okay, even though there was a loss. Be positive around the dog, and the dog will be positive around you. I've been trying to keep that up since Spot died without any warning on Saturday at 2am after a sudden decline in health (6 hours from the first symptom on Friday night to death at 2am on the way to the Emergency Vet).

It left the other dog, a German Shepherd (too smart for their own good) desperately looking for his friend. He would sniff the vomit spot (which I was trying to clean) and run around the house looking everywhere for Spot.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » July 16th, 2009, 1:20 am

Hi, Lauren... I am SO sorry about Kasey. :( :hug3:

I believe that dogs grieve as well, just like us humans do.
I remember when Mick passed, Daisy looked for him for days. She also wouldn't eat much and didn't want to play for a few weeks.

Give both of you time to deal w/this sad situation.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » July 16th, 2009, 8:08 am

ma67cpe2 wrote:hello everyone. i haven't been on the forum in a while. The last time I was my pit Max was vomiting and you all provided so much help. we are doing better!

YAY! Great news!

I tried to log in under my original screen name, ma67cpe, but for some reason i was unable to access it.

Do you need a new password or were you getting some type of error message?

anyway, i mainly I wanted to log in tonight because Max's best pal, my beloved Lab Kasey passed yesterday, very unexpectedly from bone cancer.

I am so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Kasey. :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » July 16th, 2009, 9:12 am

Welcome back, Lauren.

I am so sorry for the passing of Kasey. :( I am sure everyone, including Max, will be feeling the loss for awhile. Labs are just wonderful dogs, all around.

Jackuul gave some great advice.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » July 16th, 2009, 9:23 am

Welcome back and I am so very sorry for your loss :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby ma67cpe2 » July 17th, 2009, 4:37 pm

Thanks ya'll I appreciate it.

It was so very unexpected. She had been limping so I took her to the vet thinking maybe arthritis or something. They did an xray and she had bone cancer that spread into her lungs. The vet said she may have one month left to live, doped up on heavy drugs. I knew I could not bring her home and then take her back to do it. I'm heartbroken. The shock seems to be the worst part. I had no clue.

I miss her. Max is doing better, although he still looks for her.

:sad2:
ma67cpe2
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Cancer is just horrible... no matter what kind. The worst thing is that you often don't see any "clear" symptoms until it has progressed too far to be treated successfully. :sad2:

My heart aches for you. Know that you're not alone in mourning Kasey. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Patch O' Pits » July 21st, 2009, 4:23 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss! I lost one of mine pretty fast in April. It is hard. Big hugs and healing prayers for your heart!

I'm glad you made it back to the forum. You will get a lot of support here to help you through this tough time.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions