Follow-up vet visit for Faust

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 11:19 am

Faust gained EIGHT pounds over the last two weeks!!! We are officially out of Parvo danger! :D :D

He got his booster shots this morning, but will have to do another round of antibiotics for the stubborn skin infection.
I also felt a strange lump on his right jaw bone a few days ago, so the vet decided to keep him there for sedation/x-rays. She says it can be anything from an impacted tooth to who-knows-what.
They will call me later to let me know what they found, and when I can go and pick him up. :)

*Faust decided to leave a present in the waiting room... I was extremely mortified because I ALWAYS make sure to potty the dogs before a vet visit.* :oops: :oops: :oops: :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » July 17th, 2009, 11:21 am

Faust...tell your mom it's okay...one of our puppies, owned by one of the best trainers in class...pooped at Bass Pro Shops on Wed. night! :shock: It can happen to anyone.

(yes it was Gibbs) :oops:

Good luck at the vet, little big man!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 11:24 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Faust...tell your mom it's okay...one of our puppies, owned by one of the best trainers in class...pooped at Bass Pro Shops on Wed. night! :shock: It can happen to anyone.

(yes it was Gibbs) :oops:

Good luck at the vet, little big man!

:shock: :shock: :shock: LMAO
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » July 17th, 2009, 11:32 am

but in my defense, I was not handling him at the time! :neutral:

He did a big pile, and Score's 8 year old handler stepped in it, slid across the floor, got it all over his shoe...and had to go outside to clean his shoe off...Score got upset that his buddy was gone (because I'm chopped liver when Braden is around), decided to bark once, all while I'm on my hands and knees cleaning up smears of poo with paper towels.

Feel better now? ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 11:38 am

Somewhat, yes... lol

In his defense - he kept whining and nudging me... so the vet tech assumed he was "nervous" about being at the vet and started feeding him cheerios. :rolleyes2: Poor Faust finally decided that we were all stupid, because "when you gotta go, you gotta GO!"... and so he went. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LMM » July 17th, 2009, 11:41 am

Ay, they are so used to that pshhh no biggie! We'll be waiting anxiously for his results!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 11:45 am

LMM wrote:Ay, they are so used to that pshhh no biggie! We'll be waiting anxiously for his results!

Trust me... it WAS a biggie. :oops: :puke:
It was also very hot because the AC hadn't been turned on yet, and the little porker cleared the waiting room for a good ten minutes.

The lump doesn't seem to be painful, and he didn't have a temperature, so I'm hoping it's nothing major.
I have NO patience when it comes to waiting for a phone call. :rolleyes2: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby maberi » July 17th, 2009, 11:57 am

That is awesome news!! Minus the fact that he has to have yet another test for something (poor little guy)

Tell Faust aunt Heidi peed the bed one night if it makes him feel any better about his accident
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Bah... the vet just called...

She thinks Fausts jaw bone had been broken at one time, and has healed together crookedly. :x >( :mad2:
It's an "old" injury, and since he's only a little over three months old... stuff like that just pisses me off to no end.

She doesn't think we should do anything at this time, but they will keep a close eye on it while he's growing. I pick him up at 2. :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LMM » July 17th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Well that's good and infuriating news all rolled into one. I'd like to kick the snot out of the Christineisapainintheass who had him before you :x
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 12:41 pm

LMM wrote:Well that's good and infuriating news all rolled into one. I'd like to kick the snot out of the Christineisapainintheass who had him before you :x

damned word filter... LMAO
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » July 17th, 2009, 12:47 pm

:spit: I forgot all about that!!! I'm leaving it up. :dance:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 12:52 pm

I asked my vet to give AC a call and report her findings. Maybe they can add it to the file they have on those bastards already. :neutral:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LMM » July 17th, 2009, 1:12 pm

amazincc wrote:
LMM wrote:Well that's good and infuriating news all rolled into one. I'd like to kick the snot out of the Christineisapainintheass who had him before you :x

damned word filter... LMAO

Omg you guys made word filer t watwaffle?! *dead faint*
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Pit♥bull » July 17th, 2009, 1:49 pm

amazincc wrote:*Faust decided to leave a present in the waiting room... I was extremely mortified because I ALWAYS make sure to potty the dogs before a vet visit.* :oops: :oops: :oops: :nono:
crap happens :|

But it's still GOOD NEWS about our baby :)

Proof that PBT :goodthoughts: WORK
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby blabsforbullies » July 17th, 2009, 2:09 pm

If the worst thing that happens in any given day is that a puppy, who fought like hell to come back from the brink of death :clap: , gives me a nice big pile of poo :moon: (when the last time I saw him, he was probably pooping water :sad2: ), I'm having one of the best days EVER!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Glad he is doing so well!! :groupHug:

And, as a veterinarian, I have written letters for these kinds of situations. :cuss: I am sure your vet will do the same (I would write a letter, instead of calling, so that it is documented when those buttheads :pissed: (not the word I would like to use) get in trouble again).
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby cheekymunkee » July 17th, 2009, 2:45 pm

WOOHOO for good news! I do hope his previous owners rot though
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 2:59 pm

So, I saw the x-rays... they don't think it was a clean break, more like a badly healed fracture. There's really no way to tell for sure other than that something happened to him while he was just a tiny baby.
Vet also threw out scenarios like "possible benign tumor"... "bone cancer" (I forgot the name, but it's a kind that can occur in very young dogs)... yadda... yadda... yadda... but she's leaning toward old badly-healed injury for now. If it doesn't get bigger we're okay... if it does... well, I'll cross that bridge then.
Going back in two weeks for third set of shots and neutering.

Everyone complimented him on his smile and friendly disposition!!! :D :D :D

On the way out he left a puddle the size of Lake Ontario on the floor. :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pocketpit » July 17th, 2009, 3:12 pm

We see quite a few young puppies who've had jaws fractured when an adult dog bites them in the head over something. They usually don't require any sort of medical intervention to heal on their own. Perhaps tha's what happened to Faust? I'm sure it's not anything bad like the C word.
Hooray for weight gain!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Hmm... the vet said she didn't think it was a bite, but - of course - we don't know for sure. :|

And I absolutely refuse to entertain the C word. R-E-F-U-S-E! :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Next

Return to Nutrition & Health