I'm a New Pit Owner

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby melissa power » April 22nd, 2006, 7:46 am

Hello there everyone!!!

My name is Melissa, and I recently (about 3 months ago) adopted 2 year old Buffy from a friend, who was recruited by the RCMP and could not take her when he moved out of province.....because of the strict Ontario laws, I wanted to take her so she wouldn't have to be "put down"....damn BSL!

I am a mom of a 10 year old boy, Brett.....who's life now revolves around Buffy, they very quickly became best friends. My cat, who we've had for 6 years was really not impressed when we brought home Buff. However, she quickly showed everyone that she was the boss, and Buff very quickly understood that. ( It's funny.....Buff is afraid of a little cat....) :P

I have had a few problems when people approach me to ask what kind of dog she is....when I say PitBull...they say oh....and walk away shaking their head....very frustrating. :?

She is the light of our life....we wouldn't trade her for the world. We really couldn't imagine a day without her!

Talk to you all soon!

Melissa

ps--how do I attach a picture?[/quote]
melissa power
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » April 22nd, 2006, 8:13 am

Hello and Welcome!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 22nd, 2006, 9:12 am

Hi and welcome!

You have to get used to the occassional ignorant comment and dirty look when you choose this breed. You grow a thicker skin, but never quite get used to it.
Sometimes I'd like to just yell at people when they say things but always try my best to stay as nice as I can and educate them if they are willing to listen.

you can upload your picture to a site like photobucket... then use the
[img]insert%20link%20here[/img]
around the picture to post
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby msvette2u » April 22nd, 2006, 9:29 am

Welcome! Can't wait to see a photo of Buffy!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Asta » April 22nd, 2006, 9:50 am

Welcome! How sweet of you to take Buff in :) Cant wait to see pics either :Wave:

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby PittieLove » April 22nd, 2006, 11:15 am

Welcome :D
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 22nd, 2006, 1:53 pm

Welcome! You've found the right place to complain about BSL and get support here!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » April 22nd, 2006, 2:14 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » April 25th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Hi melissa and welcome to PBT! :gruven:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby melissa power » April 26th, 2006, 1:12 am

You all must think I'm a moron.....I still can't figure out how to add a picture of Buffy. I uploaded it to that website you all told me about...but I can't see where or how I attach it to the email.

Sorry....I'm a little bit computer illiterate.....when it comes to some things.

Thanks for your patience....

Melissa
melissa power
Just Whelped

Postby SamIAM » April 26th, 2006, 9:17 am

Hello, get use to it, the stupid looks and comments never end! UNtil we get the breed out of stupid peoples hands it wont stop! You will enjoy it here.
Samantha
SamIAM
Just Whelped

Postby melissa power » April 26th, 2006, 9:38 am

I just want to thank everyone for their support......it's so frustrating to look into the eyes of beloved pits....and know that so many people hate them, when they don't even know them.....my boyfriend has a shepherd/husky mix, such a beautiful dog...and when we go walking together, so many people will stop to pet Chase....and not even give Buffy a second look.....she just wants to be told she is pretty and to have someone pet her.....it just breaks my heart. I usually spend the rest of the walk petting her and telling her how good she is......

You know, it's funny, Chase wouldn't hurt a fly, but when other dogs are near, he'll bark like crazy at them and people won't even think twice.....with Buffy, she doesn't even bark at other dogs and people still don't like her....... :|

I'm getting more frustrated, the more I write.....I better go clam down.

Melissa
melissa power
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 26th, 2006, 11:12 am

:groupHug:
Don't worry - we ALL understand your frustration. My little girl is only 6 months old and we're already getting dirty looks and comments. Breaks my heart too!!!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » April 26th, 2006, 11:32 am

Welcome!!! You're among friends here.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Introductions