Beware, Veterinary Rant Ahead!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Marinepits » July 13th, 2009, 7:19 pm

plebayo wrote:They would be so very fired. You REALLY need to talk to the practice owner. It is entirely NOT professional to be contacting you by e-mail. I would say appointment reminders etc, okay, but something like this should be delt with over the phone.

I COMPLETELY agree. Once this whole situation is done and if I don't get to talk to the owner(s) in person, I'll be sending out a few letters.

She just doesn't want to have to talk to you face to face. It's much easier talking to a computer.

Yup. :nono:

I feel you have every right to be angry, they miscommunicated a lot of things, you are probably not the only one who has had a problem like this.

The sad thing is that they (as an office) have a decent reputation and really should be on top of things like this. With a practice as large as theirs and being so specialized, I'm sure they've had issues before. I just hope those folks were handled better than I have been so far.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » July 13th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Having worked in a lot of vet clinics, I've found the bigger the practice the worse the inter-team communication seems to be (for the most part). I like the smaller offices that have the one head bad ass office lady who seems to know everyone and everything. I swear the one at my clinic seems to have eight arms that can handle two clients and three phone lines at the same time. :shock:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby hugapitbull » July 13th, 2009, 8:37 pm

I feel your pain. It seems the larger offices do have more of these issues. Been there, done that, the staff is critical to an efficient operation and once you've lost that confidence, it isn't likely to return regardless of who does what to smooth over the problem at hand.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby airwalk » July 13th, 2009, 9:53 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Having worked in a lot of vet clinics, I've found the bigger the practice the worse the inter-team communication seems to be (for the most part). I like the smaller offices that have the one head bad ass office lady who seems to know everyone and everything. I swear the one at my clinic seems to have eight arms that can handle two clients and three phone lines at the same time. :shock:

My vet office has one of those..if you cross her watch out start running..but if you have a problem, she can fix anything.

Jen..how did you keep from killing somebody
airwalk
I live here

Postby BullyLady » July 13th, 2009, 11:05 pm

O.M.G., WHAT A MESS. I cannot believe she emailed you, what cowardice....
I know you will get this taken care of though, you won't let it slide. And when you get up and yell I'm sure people take notice! :giggle:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Malli » July 14th, 2009, 3:33 am

holy crap. What a pain in the rear, not to mention, could have been detrimental to Finnegan's health.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » July 14th, 2009, 2:10 pm

Had another email this morning from the manager and here is my reply to her:

Good Afternoon –
C****** told me that the medication will be in your office on Wednesday. I will be in on Thursday morning to pick up the medication, at no cost to me, other than yet another hour’s drive in the heavy construction on Route X and another hour’s drive back home. While I am also concerned about the refrigeration issue in shipping the medication, I am sure it will cost your office less to comp me the cost of the medication and have me drive down to pick it up rather than shipping it overnight at your expense.

I also wish that the gram stain had been read while I was in your office – that would have prevented this entire situation. Since Finnegan showed no symptoms of having megabacteria and was a very active and healthy appearing bird in your office, I’m sure Dr M****** was as surprised as I was when his test came back as positive.

What has ultimately caused this situation is a lack of communication among your staff and your management personnel, not that a drug company has your medication order on backorder. While I do not wish ill to your office or staff, this situation has destroyed any trust I had in your practice. If your staff cannot manage to get a simple prescription filled properly, how can I trust you to handle the more serious aspects of my pets’ care?

Please have someone call me immediately upon receipt of the medication on Wednesday and to let me know that it is ready to be picked up. If the medication is not available on Wednesday, have someone call me immediately to let me know that I will have to wait yet again. I only have enough medication to get through today which means Finn will be missing doses on Wednesday and possibly Thursday. Also, please have either Dr S****** or Dr M****** call me as soon as possible because I do have some questions about the effects on Finnegan if he misses multiple doses and to answer other questions about the conflicting information I’ve found out about megabacteria.

Expecting a phone call soon,

Jenifer
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » July 14th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Good letter. What did she say to you in her email before this one?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » July 14th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Basically didn't accept responsibility for her office's culpability in this whole mess, but rather blamed it on the drug company for not getting them the drugs when they ordered them. "This situation is SO out-of-character for my staff, we're a good hospital, I DO NOT want you to have a bad impression of my staff, blah blah blah."

Oh, and she's "sorry that I'm so upset" and there was obviously a mistake "somewhere". No really? :rolleyes2: I wanted to say, Listen beotch -- I'm not "upset". I'm bloody well good and pissed at your bullshit attitude and your poorly-run staff. She spun everything to make her staff look as good as possible and tried to make me look like I was overreacting.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » July 14th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Take this with ya and use it.....
:chopper:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » July 14th, 2009, 4:21 pm

One of the best things I learned in customer service is very simple. Sometimes all it takes is accountability:

"I'm so sorry. He/she/we messed up and I apologize. Please tell me what I can do to make it right."

:|
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Marinepits » July 14th, 2009, 5:09 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
"I'm so sorry. He/she/we messed up and I apologize. Please tell me what I can do to make it right."

BINGO! :clap:

At this point, she's playing the innocent "I'm so confused why you're upset -- I've tried to make it right, yet you're still angry. I don't understand" card. WTF-ever.

The meds are supposed to be in tomorrow and I'm going to get them on Thursday morning since I can't tomorrow. I don't trust them to actually manage to send them out overnight to me, LOL. :shake:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » July 14th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Marinepits wrote:
BigDogBuford wrote:

BINGO! :clap:

At this point, she's playing the innocent "I'm so confused why you're upset -- I've tried to make it right, yet you're still angry. I don't understand" card. WTF-ever.

The meds are supposed to be in tomorrow and I'm going to get them on Thursday morning since I can't tomorrow. I don't trust them to actually manage to send them out overnight to me, LOL. :shake:

If I were that office manager, I would be hand delivering your meds free of charge. It's not wonder the staff sucks so bad if she is their example.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Marinepits » July 14th, 2009, 5:25 pm

Amen, sister. :lol3:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby furever_pit » August 6th, 2009, 9:12 pm

WOW. I cannot believe that you have treated this way.
I am appalled at the behavior of the manager. If something like this ever happened at the clinic where I worked the Doctor would have someone's ass!!

Did you end up getting all the meds you need? I hope Finnegan is okay.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health