Presenting..........Mr. Nameless!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Marinepits » July 6th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Here is our newest addition, a five month old male Cape Parrot!

We've been looking into larger birds for quite some time and this little guy made the decision for us. I was talking to his owner today and the bird jumped off his perch, walked all the way across the floor to me, and proceeded to try and climb up my shoe onto my leg!

He's extremely sweet and amazingly dog-like in his personality. He's about 10 inches tall and his head is mostly beak but he's very gentle with it -- he likes to "taste" everything and mouths your hand and fingers like a puppy teething. He already says "hello" and makes lots of noises that will probably become words as he grows up.

So far, the dogs have been *really* good with him -- when he flew off his perch today and landed on Tucker's face while Tuck was sunning himself, Tuck just sat up and shook his head, then went back to sleep. Katy wants to play with him, but that ain't happening. We haven't tested Mac with the bird yet, LOL.

Oh, and he needs a name, so suggestions please! Right now, "Finnigan the Hooligan" is the front-runner.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby hugapitbull » July 6th, 2009, 8:55 pm

He is beautiful.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » July 6th, 2009, 9:00 pm

He looks like he has PERSONALITY! :band:

And I like his name. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 6th, 2009, 9:23 pm

He's adorable! I love birds, but I know I can't care for them properly...but I admire them! 8) He's really cute!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby airwalk » July 6th, 2009, 10:24 pm

Hmm...if you keep acquiring birds..we're going to have to call you the crazy bird lady instead of the crazy dog lady :D
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » July 6th, 2009, 10:43 pm

LMAO
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » July 6th, 2009, 11:15 pm

I like him. He is very pretty.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » July 7th, 2009, 3:15 am

He looks like he might be related to Senegal parrots...?

He is very cute :)

How loud is he going to get? :neener:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 7th, 2009, 8:22 am

He is cute - I think he looks like a George. Plain and simple. (though Finnigan is cute too!)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » July 7th, 2009, 8:32 am

Malli wrote:He looks like he might be related to Senegal parrots...?

Yup, the Capes are the largest of the Poicephalus family.

How loud is he going to get? :neener:

:lol3: Actually, he's far quieter than the budgies. They are supposed to be great apartment birds because they are so quiet -- they prefer to mumble and talk, but they can screech. He "calls" for me when he can't see me for a couple of minutes. I heard him all the way out in the yard this morning, calling.

We block off the kitchen with a baby gate because he LOVES to play on the floor. I'm going to get him a ball today because Capes also love to roll around on their backs and play with toys, kind of like otters, LOL.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » July 7th, 2009, 8:34 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:He is cute - I think he looks like a George. Plain and simple. (though Finnigan is cute too!)

I like George! I had originally wanted to name him Jack, but then Steve pointed out that everyone probably names their parrots Jack because of the Pirate movies with Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow, LOL.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » July 7th, 2009, 9:05 am

He's purdy!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby ArtGypsy » July 7th, 2009, 9:06 am

I"m so jealous!!!!
He's adorable AND beautiful!!!

I just want to pet-his-witto-HEAD.................. :dance: :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Malli » July 8th, 2009, 3:59 am

Wilbur? :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » July 8th, 2009, 6:18 am

Malli wrote:Wilbur? :)

That's Mr. Ed's owner, Mallika! :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » July 8th, 2009, 1:28 pm

like Mr. Ed the horse?
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » July 8th, 2009, 2:30 pm

Yup. :lol3:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » July 8th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Malli wrote:like Mr. Ed the horse?

Dork. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » July 9th, 2009, 2:57 am

iluvk9 wrote:
Malli wrote:like Mr. Ed the horse?

Dork. 8)

um no, YOUNG :rolleyes2: I've only ever seen clips of Mr. Ed. Buuuuurn! :neener:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 9th, 2009, 7:08 am

I own all of the Mr. Ed shows on video tape. lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members