Trouble's Diagnosis

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 26th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Celebrate each and every day and ENJOY!!!

CONGRATS!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby CinderDee » May 27th, 2009, 3:21 pm

Shanna, I'm sorry I missed this, but...
Happy Anniversary!!!

You, Bob & Trouble are such an inspiration to all. I wish you many more anniversaries with your girl!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » May 27th, 2009, 5:43 pm

CinderDee wrote:You, Bob & Trouble are such an inspiration to all. I wish you many more anniversaries with your girl!

Oh that is such a nice compliment, but the truth is our inspiration came from all of those on this forum who are fighting or have fought cancer before us. If we had not seen that treatment bought extra time for most of the fur kids, we probably would have taken the diagnosing vets advice and just let her go with pain meds and no treatment. Trouble truly owes you guys her last 4 - 5 months. Each additional day with her is a blessing.

Thank you all who have been down the path before us, you taught us courage, you gave us strength, you gave us inspiration. Dee, you and Christine (Kato & Mick) have been so awesome, you've been where we are, you know how we feel and you support us unconditionally. We couldn't ask for more.

We can only hope as time goes on, we can be the support for others that so many of you have been for us. :groupHug: to ALL our PBT friends.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Pit♥bull » May 27th, 2009, 5:47 pm

X10 :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » May 27th, 2009, 6:37 pm

CinderDee wrote:Shanna, I'm sorry I missed this, but...
Happy Anniversary!!!

You, Bob & Trouble are such an inspiration to all. I wish you many more anniversaries with your girl!

X2 :dance: :clap: :confetti: :helloClap: :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » May 27th, 2009, 7:56 pm

Thank you, Shanna, Bob & Trouble. :groupHug:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby CinderDee » June 25th, 2009, 4:42 pm

How are the kids feeling today? :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » June 25th, 2009, 6:28 pm

Dee, thank you for asking about our babes. The tummies are all better. Must have just been a short term bug of some kind.

It is so terribly hot here it is really draining Trouble's energy. I guess the truth is we are both a little concerned about her. She just isn't getting around real well and her stamina is about zero. Eating/drinking habits haven't changed. We don't know if it is just the heat or if she's having cancer complications. She has a checkup coming up in about a week.

I walked her up to mom's last week and she stopped to lay in the middle of the road on the way home to rest. She can't go the distance in the heat, and it really really isn't far at all. I won't be walking her much until the heat is over.

Reading on the tripawd forum, it seems the heat takes a toll on all of the handicapped pooches, so we're hoping that is all it is. The problem with that is we are just starting summer here. It will only get hotter as time goes on. We're praying for October :wink:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby cheekymunkee » June 25th, 2009, 7:34 pm

I hope her vet visit goes well
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » June 25th, 2009, 8:09 pm

hugapitbull wrote: We're praying for October :wink:

Amen on that!!!. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby CinderDee » June 26th, 2009, 4:22 am

I'm with you in wishing October was right around the corner. Kato is acting odd as well. He didn't want to get out of bed today at all. He has no energy either and I'm asking myself the same questions as you are.

There's a girl Debby & I know who has a tripod and she pulls her around in a wagon when she gets tired. She seems to love it. I think she's on this forum, but I haven't seen her in a while.

I'm hoping it's just the heat with Trouble. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping for a great vet visit!

Thanks for the update, Shanna. Hang in there! :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » June 26th, 2009, 5:25 am

One of the folks in the tripawds forum just got a wagon for their dog. Introduced it really slowly. Took the wheels off and sat in on the floor, then put all the dog's toys in it to get him used to being around it. Then took the toys our and had the dog sit in it. After several days put the wheels back on and would let the dog watch him move it just a few inches. Then had the dog get in and would move the wagon just a few inches. When he was accustomed to that, would move it a foot, slowly added a little more distance until the dog would ride peacefully. I think he even put a mat in the bottom so the dog had some traction when it was jumping in so it wouldn't slide.

I don't think the queen would ever get in a wagon, she's too independent and wants to do it her way.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » June 26th, 2009, 6:02 am

I was going to suggest you CARRY her around! I carried Darlene for weeks when she had her cruciates done. Of course, my Vet was not happy with me..
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » June 26th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Munkee would LOVE to be pulled in a wagon! Everytime I move my chair on rollers he runs & jumps in it for the ride.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby hugapitbull » June 26th, 2009, 7:46 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Munkee would LOVE to be pulled in a wagon! Everytime I move my chair on rollers he runs & jumps in it for the ride.

How funny is that! Where are the pictures >(
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » June 27th, 2009, 5:38 am

I always wanted to get a doggie stroller for Darlene.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 29th, 2009, 9:55 am

Sawyer loves wheels...and keeps trying to convince John to get him a sidecar for the scooter. :smileUp:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby hugapitbull » July 6th, 2009, 7:55 pm

Trouble had her seven month ampuversary, and five month post chemo check-up today. Her white blood count is about 1/3 of where it should be. She had been on two consecutive rounds of predisone for the stubborn hotspot, and finished the last dose 3 days ago. Dr F thinks the prednisone is the reason for the drop. We are to watch her closely for any sign of infection, and get her in pronto if necessary. She goes back for a blood draw on the 17th for a comparison. Hopefully the numbers will head back up. He did point out that it had never been the same since they started tracking it. If it doesn't go up on the next check, he will need to start looking for the source.

Otherwise she is fine. Heart and lungs are strong. He isn't planning to do anymore post chemo chest x-rays unless she develops a cough, or if he has to start searching for the source of an infection.

We are blessed each day we spend with her on borrowed time.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Marinepits » July 6th, 2009, 8:17 pm

"Ampuversary" That is great! :D :hug3:

Glad to hear she's doing well and that the doc is SO on top of things. Continued best wishes for you all.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 6th, 2009, 8:29 pm

Yay for good updates!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer