Need Ideas for Flooring Issues

Reference section for insurance info, dog friendly hotels, finding apartments, etc.

Postby furever_pit » June 30th, 2009, 11:03 pm

I'd try the pallets under the crates. Or if this is just a seasonal thing cause it happens to be raining a lot right now maybe you can just substitute some towels for the bed. I go and buy towel in mass quantities from the thrift stores for really cheap and use them in the dog crates once I have bleached them. This way you could change the towels out daily so the mold wouldn't be a problem.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby DemoDick » June 30th, 2009, 11:07 pm

Yeah, pallets sound like the answer. Plus, when you're done with them you can have a bitchin' bonfire.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby mnp13 » July 3rd, 2009, 5:58 pm

You can make those raised beds with PVC, some screws and canvas. I saw plans for them somewhere, I'll see if I can find them again. Until then, the pallets are probably your best bet.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Megumi-Oni » October 19th, 2009, 12:21 pm

http://www.columbusdogconnection.com/el ... g_beds.htm

Many many to choose from. Ideas and such even. And, even better... PLANS AND INSTRUCTIONS! :dance:
Megumi-Oni
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » October 19th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Thanks for the link! We ended up re-arranging the dogs' room and putting 2x4s under the crates -- couldn't get enough smaller pallets and our neighbor was doing some remodelling, so we got the 2x4s for free! Problem fixed.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » October 19th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Well you could just move closer to me ya know..problem solved - very few places in Oregon have basements (cause it rains a lot ya know)
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » October 19th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Done! See you in a couple of weeks! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Megumi-Oni » October 19th, 2009, 6:18 pm

Marinepits wrote:Thanks for the link! We ended up re-arranging the dogs' room and putting 2x4s under the crates -- couldn't get enough smaller pallets and our neighbor was doing some remodelling, so we got the 2x4s for free! Problem fixed.

Hey, if you're ever in the central CT area hit me up. I know plenty of places where you can score some standard sized pallets. Oodles of them, usually free... just sitting on the end of the shipping run. With a sign. Take me, I'm free. Oddly, never can find a use for them...lol
Megumi-Oni
Just Whelped

Postby airwalk » October 19th, 2009, 6:22 pm

Marinepits wrote:Done! See you in a couple of weeks! :D

Cool....I'll be ready.
airwalk
I live here

Previous

Return to Living with your Pit Bull