Loose dog

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby PittieLove » April 25th, 2006, 8:37 pm

On my 2hr walk today there were so many loose dogs. Lucky none came up to me.
The thing that annoyed me the most was this super mean pti bull. This kid, maybe 12 or 13 was petting Ivan and then another dog was comeing. I told the kid, he doesnt like other dogs so i started walking. The dog started growling and lunging, and of Ivan copies him(but i kept him under control). I was so mad that he would just let his dog do that, on a long lead!! ERG. And the kid had said "Thats my other buddy."
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby rockermom » April 26th, 2006, 7:49 am

I encounter loose dogs too on walks. I hope to never encounter a mean one. most People and kids are clueless. Last time I had my 16 yr old walk Rocky through the neighborhood I told him. "Do not let Rocky say hello to other dogs on the walk." I also told him dont alow other people to let their dogs sniff. Just tell them Rocky is in training for therepy he needs to learn to ignore other dogs. I was asked why? So I explained how dogs sniffing on lead can turn into a scuffle of tangled leashes. Very few people seem to understand this. They all want to let the dogs meet.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby pitprincess » April 26th, 2006, 8:03 am

I have a collie in my area that is always off leash and the owner is always trying to encourage me to let Meesha off leash but I simple won't do it; more for her protection then any persons. We also have a pit in the area that doesn't walk off leash but they always let it in the frount yard (no fence) off leash. If you go to walk by with or without a dog the owner screams wait...let me get my dog. She says the dog is agressive ...why keep it off lease then even if she is standing there. Kids run on the sidewalk will the dog attack? Sometimes I wonder if she is making the dog agressive by her own fears...we generally aviod the area if we see they are out front.
pitprincess
Just Whelped

Postby PittieLove » April 26th, 2006, 8:03 pm

arent people so clueless???
I came apond a loose pit bull today, im so gald it was nice(unlike Ivan). Nothing happened, but they smacked the dog...i wanted to scream at them!! If u dont want it running at people-chain it. If u want it to listen to you when u call-train it!
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk