Greetings and a search for help :)

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Kerri Love » May 26th, 2009, 5:43 pm

I just want to say hi,wave2: I'll be looking around the forums for facts about the lovely Pit Bull breed.

I was at a blog of a friend and he said all Pit Bulls should be killed... I don't own a pit bull, I own a shipoo as you can see, but I think that is the most ignorant thing this person has ever said. I posted a very long and VERY emotional reply to him about this terrible myth that these lovely dogs can just "snap" and so all should be killed for "human saftey" (ack my emotions on this are still going nuts with me, it actually makes me cry and I'm a grown woman)

I'm sure you have all heard that nice little myth way to many times... one time is to many for me. I also posted my responce of both my blogs. We are still discussing this and I am trying to teach him how this myth has been created and how wrong it really is.

Though my blog is not about dogs but rather about my search for religious truth, if I can find it...way off topic but I felt it was important enough to post, I would welcome any of you who would like to help me help this person understand. He is a good person, he is just very confused (obviously)

I'm sorry I don't quite know the rules about posting links, but I'll post it anyway, this links directly to the topic Pit Bulls Are Not The Monsters, The Humans Are

I think I'll stick around here a bit, I always enjoy hearing about this breed, I think it's one of the most beautiful dog breeds out there, but I might not have all that much to contribute. :dance:

Anyways Bailey and I are happy to meet you all :D
Kerri Love
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 26th, 2009, 6:01 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Pit♥bull » May 26th, 2009, 6:02 pm

Welcome to PBT :wave2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » May 26th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Hello and Welcome to PBT. I love your little Bailey. I have a Shih Tzu named Sammy. Nice to meet you :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby ArtGypsy » May 26th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Welcome to the board!!!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » May 26th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Welcome! glad you're here...and definitely stick around! We're not all pit bull owners here...you'll find a variety of breeds! 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » May 26th, 2009, 11:57 pm

Hello and welcome :wave2:

Share photos of your little one, she's welcome here too! :wink:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » May 28th, 2009, 6:07 am

Welcome! :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » May 28th, 2009, 10:26 am

Welcome to PBT! :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TinaMartin » May 28th, 2009, 11:28 am

Whats your favorite kind of pizza? Oh yeah...welcome!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby kera09 » May 30th, 2009, 5:57 pm

welcome. most of us being pitbull owners have to explain the breed to people on a daily basis. i was at the beach with my little ava and some jackass said good thing you cant get homeowners insurance when you own a pitbull,they attack children. i tried talking to him, it didnt work!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby shady-angel » July 2nd, 2009, 7:01 pm

Welcome. :wave2:
It never does work, IMHO most people are to narrow minded to see past the end of their own nose.
shady-angel
Kiwi

Postby LMM » July 2nd, 2009, 7:11 pm

Welcome!!!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to Introductions