Christmas in July Pet Info Thread

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Hundilein » June 22nd, 2009, 6:52 pm

I hope no one minds that I'm starting this. I'm just so excited about Christmas in July!!!!! And I need some help for my matches. If you have dogs or cats entered in Christmas in July, please post a picture and some info about them here so your secret santa can get some ideas about what to buy.

Renee
Renee is a 4.5 year old German Shepherd mix. She is active and likes things that keep her busy, both physically and mentally. She will chase just about anything that can be thrown. She'll rip up stuffed toys, but has fun with them until they die. She also loves clicker training, so small, soft treats are great. And she likes toys that can be stuffed with food and nylabones. She does not like rawhide.

Emma
Emma is actually my roommate's dog. She is a 3 year old (I think) Lab/Mastiff mix. She really likes balls, especially ones that are a bit larger than a tennis ball. Lately she's taken a liking to those really cheap floppy frisbees you can buy at the dollar store. She also likes pretty much all treats. She likes stuffed toys, and is pretty gentle with them. She likes ones that "honk".

Shelter Dogs
My third ticket will be shared among the dogs at the shelter where I work. Stuffed toys are not a good idea because they'll get filthy dirty. Durable toys are good, as long as they are big enough not to get caught in the drains (large kong size things are good). I've also been working on clicker training with them, so small treats are great.

Shelter Cats
My fourth ticket will be shared among the cats at the shelter where I work. The kittens have enough room for toys especially ones that can be hung in the cages. The adults don't have a lot of room, but I've been doing some clicker training with them too, so small cat treats are good. They are not picky, so cheap treats are just fine.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Val » June 22nd, 2009, 9:02 pm

Here is Abigail. She is a happy girl who loves everything. She kills stuffies, but that is ok
she has fun doing it! She also loves rope tugs and anything that squeaks! No beef or wheat
for her...it makes her itchy :( Also no rawhide, she doesn't like them. :wave2:
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or hump it.
Pee on it and walk away.
Val
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 29th, 2009, 1:03 pm

I changed this back to a sticky as I was told that members can't reply to the Global Announcements. So if you are in the CIJ, please post pics and info re: your dog(s) and/or cat(s)!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 1st, 2009, 6:39 pm

Ahem. :bump:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby BigDogBuford » July 1st, 2009, 6:49 pm

Hi! I did one ticket for my dogs and one for my cats.

My dogs like just about anything. The only thing they can't have is raw hides. A new Cuz for Zena would be nice as she loved her last one to death. :rolleyes2: Treats of any kind are fine, squeakies are always appreciated as are bully sticks or stuffies (although they don't last very long).

The kitties like toys more than treats. Anything that rolls or has feathers or bells. We're due for a new batch of catnip so that would be appreciated as well!

Hope that helps!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 1st, 2009, 7:00 pm

Pictures, woman, pictures!

pitbullmamaliz

Postby BigDogBuford » July 1st, 2009, 7:12 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Pictures, woman, pictures!

But that's like 12 pictures!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby hugapitbull » July 1st, 2009, 9:51 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:Pictures, woman, pictures!

So take a picture of the dogs and a picture of the cats. That's only two!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby BigDogBuford » July 1st, 2009, 10:37 pm

hugapitbull wrote:
BigDogBuford wrote:

So take a picture of the dogs and a picture of the cats. That's only two!

So much easier said than done! 8)
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby katiek0417 » July 1st, 2009, 10:47 pm

The first ticket I entered was for Jue. Jue is actually Greg's male competition dog. However, because he is retired, my deal with Greg was that I'd get to show him one time. So, I will be showing him at a trial in Maine...anywhoo...Jue is power chewer. He puts marks on people in bitework even with no canines! So, he needs strong stuff! Kongs, Zanie's rubber toys. Please no squeaker toys (bad for bitework)...

Here is Jue-bee:

My 2nd ticket was for Cy. Cy is my male competition dog. He LOVES kongs...in fact, he can not do anything without a kong in his mouth...

Finally, we've got Gravy - the cat...

Sadly, I don't have pics of her (I do, but not on this computer)...Gravy is nearly 11...she doesn't play much, but she loves things with catnip...

My dogs can have most any natural treat, please no corn or grain...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE NO treats with peanuts/peanut butter (I'm deathly allergic)!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby BigDogBuford » July 1st, 2009, 11:39 pm

Buford:

Patrick:

Joxer:

Minnie:

Doogie:

Zena:

Tigerlily:

Zero:

Sixlet:

Betty:

Elvira:
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 2nd, 2009, 12:55 am

I have one ticket, for my brown puppy, Score.

He's pretty easy to buy for...he'll eat anything, anything at all. No allergies...:) Small, soft, training treats are always welcome since we train with treats, and natural, no by-products type of treats are always appreciated. He loves chewies and things to stuff into kongs and such.

He LOVES basketballs or other large balls. He'll also play with tennis balls, and found that he loves the squeaky tennis balls.

He also likes soft plush toys (he LOVES the "puppy" that Christine sent him for Xmas)...and doesn't destroy them. He likes things that make funny noises. lol He's a goof.

Collars and bandanas are always appreciated too...he's the only one of my dogs that collars show up on...(no fluff like the Aussies!) He wears a different collar every day, we love collars and stuff. (18" neck)

He's an all-around good boy. :loveU:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » July 2nd, 2009, 6:12 am

I entered Leonard Bernstein this year, because he has never played this game. 8)

I have had him a year; he is going to be 10 on July 25th.

Lenny is new to the world of toys, but thrilled with anything he gets. He has great teeth for an older dog. He discovered the fun of pulling a stuffie apart, the joy of a bully stick and the excitement of throwing a rope in the air and trying to catch it in his mouth.

He was raised on Ol' Roy, so NOTHING bothers his stomach. 8) (Yes, now he eats high quality food.)

He wasn't too impressed with his winter line of clothing, but he lets me dress him up anyway.

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby StalkerBlueDog » July 2nd, 2009, 5:43 pm

Dawn. The original Fluffy Evil Blue Dog. Loves stuffed toys, Curly bully stick things, american made raw hides, balls.. anything sheep related.
dawnbyMagnus.jpg

Kaylee- Aussie.. crazy aussie puppy. Loves toys in general, but can be rough on them. Durability is good for her.. cuz toys, kong toys, large bones, etc. Needs a new collar..a study one with out a stupid plastic buckle.. lol.. the one that she just broke was a medium 12-20.5 inch collar.
Kayleenewspaper.jpg

Puppies! Luke and Leia. Luke on the left, Leia on the right. Love toys in general.. treats.. chewies.. pretty much anything..lol.
Lukeand Leia.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby SvcDogSawyer » July 7th, 2009, 10:48 am

Sawyer is a 4 yr old Red Aussie Service Dog.

I recently discovered he really likes long walks on the beach, but only the sand part. He hates getting wet and hangs his head when we go out in the rain. He really likes the Planet Dog balls with the rope, he can beat himself up with them & it's one of the few type toys I can throw for him. He will eat anything and sometimes he looks at you like "What the hell did I just eat" then want some more. He does not like it when someone sits on the couch next to me, that's the good sleeping spot and he grumbles when you make him move. He will only play with other dogs on HIS terms, otherwise he grumbles at them(I'm sure none of you what that's like :D ). His favorite colors are Purple & Gold(flyball team colors). He requires a towel or face shield for his handler when running flyball(he spits & foams a lot). He likes wearing bandanas, jester collars & whatever Erin decides to puts on him. He also likes bully sticks and other chewy treats.
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Return to Off-Topic