Horse Camping - Pic Heavy

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby plebayo » June 25th, 2009, 10:24 pm

We took a trip to Black Butte near Sisters OR last week. My friend and I brought our dogs as well. It was LiLo's first trail riding expirience. I wish we had taken video, the first ride she kept trying to attack my horse when we'd take off cantering. The second ride she was awesome, stayed next to us or explored around but was always close. The dogs had an absolute blast and so did we! Pardon the pictures with me in them... I look terribley fat. It's kind of painful :p

The Butte.

Happy LiLo

Reno. An amazing ambassador for his breed, he's 6 years old and loves everyone both furry or two legged. He's also a shelter dog.

Bailey, Shawna, and Reno

Me, Cairo, and LiLo

Good Trail puppies!

Cairo and Bailey

Shawna and Reno

Me and LiLo

Cairo and I
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » June 25th, 2009, 11:08 pm

I'm jealous...that looks like a great adventure! What fun! 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » June 26th, 2009, 3:51 am

totally! awesome adventure!

I wish my dog was that reliable! :lol3:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 26th, 2009, 5:42 am

WAIT A MINUTE!!! I didn't know you had horses!!! I LOVE HORSES! I had one growing up and rode with in Hunts. (Not a real fox chase, just the scent of one...)

Anyway, the photos are terrific! That is so cool that the dogs got to go along with you.

The photo of you on Milo is GORGEOUS. You are a very pretty young woman. I love your blond hair...which I assume is natural because all the other chicks have blond too. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » June 26th, 2009, 7:00 am

Great photos! What a beautiful place to ride!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » June 26th, 2009, 9:20 am

Looks like a good time

The dogs and horses get along "ok"?
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby plebayo » June 26th, 2009, 10:46 am

WAIT A MINUTE!!! I didn't know you had horses!!! I LOVE HORSES! I had one growing up and rode with in Hunts. (Not a real fox chase, just the scent of one...)

That is so cool! I would love to go on a hunt! I want to do a cattle drive too. We met a cowboy camping so hopefully it's gonna happen :p

The dogs and horses get along "ok"?

The first ride out when we would take off cantering LiLo would bark and bark and try to bite my horse. Cairo was a total saint and ignored her. Reno was pretty slow... he's kind of fat and out of shape, plus he's just built differently. He didn't go after the horses at all.

The second ride LiLo was way better and ignored the horses. I did get after Cairo once before we got out and LiLo was freaking out which made Reno kind of get over excited and he body slammed Cairo's back legs but Cairo didn't do anything. She seriously was a saint. The second ride was amazing. Reno led the way and LiLo ran around the trail but also alongside the horses.

LiLo has some herding-something in her so she has a natural instinct to want to boss the horses around. Reno is just an easy going guy and just likes being out on the trail. They both did so awesome!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » June 26th, 2009, 5:18 pm

oooohhhhh I would love to meet a cowboy. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » June 26th, 2009, 7:56 pm

LMAO @ Joyce
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » June 26th, 2009, 8:08 pm

That looks fun!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » June 27th, 2009, 5:35 am

I would like to go on a cattle drive. And not just because of the cowboys. But that certainly would HELP the situation. :)

The hunt was done every month where I live on Long Island. It was run by a well known Vet. The 50 (?) Beagles howling and running under your hooves was a bit nerve wracking, but they never seemed to get stepped on.

Last time I rode in it, my horse and my GF's horse decided to take off in another direction. We were unable to stop them. I was trying out a simple snaffle bit on my horse, which was too light. Hers was just nuts.

After running for what seemed like 15 minutes in a full gallop through woods, they dumped us. Mine tried to jump OVER us, missed and got my knee. He ripped the ligaments and tendons from my kneecap. I guess it was better than stepping on the bone full force. Those SOB's KEPT running right back to the trailers. You would have thought they'd be exhausted after a full hunt, a gallop in the woods and going back to the original site.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » June 27th, 2009, 11:49 am

After running for what seemed like 15 minutes in a full gallop through woods, they dumped us. Mine tried to jump OVER us, missed and got my knee. He ripped the ligaments and tendons from my kneecap. I guess it was better than stepping on the bone full force. Those SOB's KEPT running right back to the trailers. You would have thought they'd be exhausted after a full hunt, a gallop in the woods and going back to the original site.

OMG what an expirience! Horses are so bad sometimes! Yesterday I went to work my horse and she's made an attachment to Bailey. We were in the arena which is near where Bailey is kept and she was being really bratty and tried to buck me off so I got off and chased her around the arena. She took off whinnying and bucking and ran around for like 15 minutes like a dork.

Hahaha I agree about the cowboys being a major plus on the cattle drive. The guy said there would be about 15 of them to 4 of us girls that are invited :p It was actually cool to meet a real cowboy, camping a lot of times you meet people who wear all the gear, this guy drives 200 head of cattle all summer and also harvests wheat so he's legit.

I just think going on a hunt would be cool. I do imagine the baying hounds would be interesting haha but it seems like it could be quite fun.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » June 28th, 2009, 8:19 am

I have been thinking for a long time about going on a cattle drive/wilderness ride. :) I think you sparked me to DO IT. I just wondered....where do you go pee-pee? :| While I am a totally "outside kind of woman" I do enjoy 5 star hotels like the Marriot Marquis in NYC.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » June 28th, 2009, 11:02 am

I just wondered....where do you go pee-pee? :| While I am a totally "outside kind of woman" I do enjoy 5 star hotels like the Marriot Marquis in NYC.

This is a really good point.

I have this feeling we all have to pic a bush somewhere...
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members