Sasha needs a new home

Postby fryed_1 » June 24th, 2009, 1:30 pm

I hate to do it, but I have no choice here. Short of it is wife left, leaving the kids. Lost the house as well.

So I'm in an apt for the short term (<6mo) and can't bring Sasha. With being sole provider for rent, food and all that, plus day-care at more than $1400/mo, I'm slowly killing myself here with $20/day in boarding costs for Sasha.

I'm in Fredericksburg, VA and could pay for transport or so (in the $300 or so range right now). She's good for about another month where she is, but after then, it will get VERY tight financially if I'm still paying for her boarding.

Anyone that can help, even temporarily in the area until I can find her a new permanent home, or possibly get myself setup again after all the short term stuff is done, would be awesome.

She's only OK with other dogs if managed. She's lived with our other dog who I had to rehome for about 6yrs (since she was about 10wks) and while they got in occasional scuffles, never anything serious. She's great around people and kids (grew up with my 1 and 3yr olds from birth) and never had issues with people, except maybe jumping too much! She's healthy, up to date and a very happy and silly dog.

Any ideas?

fryed_1
Our Hero!

Postby Marinepits » June 24th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Oh, no. Fryed, I am so sorry about everything. That's awful. :(

I will spread the word.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » June 24th, 2009, 3:46 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry...

I know someone looking for a SBT, I'll see if they're at all interested in something a little bigger. :| Can't hurt to ask...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » June 24th, 2009, 4:22 pm

I am very sorry for your situation, Bryan. Keep your head up and just think about moving forward.

Good luck with finding a home for Sasha. She is a beauty!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby fryed_1 » June 29th, 2009, 3:06 pm

Anyone got any ideas? I'm willing to transport.

I really don't want to see her put down. The shelters in this area aren't friendly to them and the only one that is has about a 3-5 month waiting list.

I would really hate to do it, but kids and home have to come first. :(
fryed_1
Our Hero!

Postby Marinepits » June 29th, 2009, 5:06 pm

How is she with cats?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby fryed_1 » June 29th, 2009, 5:08 pm

She has been around cats in the past and never tried to harm them. They were kittens at the time (and up to 6-8months I think) and indoor/outdoor. So long as the cats are good with dogs and don't attack her I don't think she would have a problem.
fryed_1
Our Hero!

Postby Marinepits » June 29th, 2009, 5:13 pm

I'm going to pass this onto a friend who *might* be looking for a dog.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby fryed_1 » June 29th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Marinepits wrote:I'm going to pass this onto a friend who *might* be looking for a dog.

Thanks that's awesome!
fryed_1
Our Hero!

Postby cheekymunkee » June 30th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Brian I am so sorry. At least you have your girls. (((hugs)))
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » June 30th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Marinepits wrote:I'm going to pass this onto a friend who *might* be looking for a dog.

ooooohhhhh! Come on, Jen! Work your magic! :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » June 30th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Trying............
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jackuul » July 16th, 2009, 8:28 pm

I don't mean to bump, but I do wish to know what happened
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby fryed_1 » July 16th, 2009, 8:58 pm

No luck so far and the only no-kill shelter around here has a waiting list 4-6 months long. After this weekend I won't have any options left. I've tried craigslist and the local paper, as well as vet's offices and posted flyers around work, friends and family work, neighborhood parks and everything. Craigslist and paper got a hoard of people asking just asking how big her head was and how many litters she had already had and all that.
fryed_1
Our Hero!

Postby Marinepits » July 16th, 2009, 9:07 pm

I'm sorry, Brian, but I haven't been able to find anyone for her, either. :(
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby fryed_1 » July 17th, 2009, 11:38 am

Through the generosity of this site, it looks like things will work out in the long run! I thank you all for your help and it looks like very soon, we will be in our new place and Sasha will get to stay with us and my girls.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!!!
fryed_1
Our Hero!

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 12:07 pm

:woowoo: :bounce: :clap:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » July 17th, 2009, 2:50 pm

AWESOME news Brian!! I am so glad things are coming together for you
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Rescue