Mom is Gone

Postby Violet » June 21st, 2009, 8:39 pm

Mom's battle is done and she gave my Dad the best Fathers Day present ever..herself. I can only imagine the reunion they are having. It may have been the thunder I was hearing when Hospice Called to tell me she was gone.

We were with Mom this morning but she was deeply asleep and wouldn't wake for company. So we decided to let her rest. I got Mom to open her eyes for just a moment and told her I loved her and we were going to let her sleep. She looked at me and said ok and went back to sleep.

Not 15 minutes later the nurse called to tell me Mom was gone.

Mom, I love you so much. And I will miss you horribly.

Don't forget to make sure Dad didn't decorate my room with a bunch of pink lacey stuff!!!
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby hugapitbull » June 21st, 2009, 8:43 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. May the many happy memories help you through the grief.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Marinepits » June 21st, 2009, 8:58 pm

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Vi.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Hundilein » June 21st, 2009, 9:00 pm

:hug3:
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » June 21st, 2009, 9:36 pm

Vi, I am so sorry for you loss. My thoughts and many prayers are with you and your family at this time. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby call2arms » June 21st, 2009, 9:54 pm

I'm so sorry, Vi. Toughts for you and your family...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » June 21st, 2009, 10:07 pm

"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby katiek0417 » June 21st, 2009, 10:08 pm

I'm sorry, Vi. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. :hug3:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby BigDogBuford » June 21st, 2009, 10:11 pm

~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 21st, 2009, 10:12 pm

Vi, I'm so so sorry. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling right now. Know that if you need anything from us, all you have to do is ask.

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hoyden » June 21st, 2009, 10:32 pm

I'm so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby CinderDee » June 21st, 2009, 10:35 pm

I'm so sorry, Vi. Mt thoughts are with you & your family. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Jenn » June 21st, 2009, 10:39 pm

Awwww :hug3: I'm so sorry
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » June 22nd, 2009, 2:52 am

Oh Vi, I am so sorry.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 22nd, 2009, 5:50 am

My sympathy to you and your family. You were an amazing daughter. Now you have another Angel to watch over you.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » June 22nd, 2009, 7:11 am

Sorry for your loss :(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Roxiebell » June 22nd, 2009, 8:17 am

I am so sorry for your loss. Many prayers for you and your family.
check out my pictures at:
http://www.myspace.com/roxiebell
Roxiebell
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » June 22nd, 2009, 9:27 am

I am so sorry, Vi... :(
My heart goes out to you and your family. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Violet » June 23rd, 2009, 2:21 am

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. I wanted to share her obituary with my friends.

Mom was born 8/28/1938 to Roy and Roma Slusher, the youngest of five children, Everett(Joan), Ed(Betty), Robert (passed at age 19 in a car accident)and Doris(Vic Bennett). She began playing the piano when very young and grew to be a very accomplished professional pianist. Including giving benefit concerts and playing for her beloved church family. It was always a testament of her spirit and grace.

Mom met and married our Dad, Laurence Preston Edgin, SR. in 1957. And they were an epic love story of devotion and caring. Holding hands and sharing their love until the day Dad died in 1991. During their life together they had four children, Larry Edgin(Val) Carina Collard(John) Bill Edgin, and Celia Taylor(Shawn). They also had 11 Grandchildren and recently, the first GREAT Grandchild. She also had a large group of CHOSEN family. Stephanie and Dominic, Chrissie and Wade (and children) and too many to list.

Mom and Dad had a marriage worthy of the best love novels. And a life filled with enough sadness and joy to make anyone sit back on their heels. But their love was unwaivering.

In the years after Dads death, Mom became something all new to her. She told people she had joined a club that no one wanted to join. The single Mothers and Widows Club. With two children only 10 and 16 when Dad died. But Mom carried on her life with the dignity people would expect from her. I doubt many people outside of family knew her great pain and lonliness.

Mom always talked about how hard it was to find time to spend with family. We never could convince her it was because we could not keep up with her. Anyone who knew her, though, knows what an active lady she was. Right up until just a few months prior to cancer taking her. We laughed that there must have been smoke coming from her heels as she came screeching to a halt.

She had SO many dear friends. Her constant friends like, Mary and Jan, her long time friends like Dick and Dot, Tena. Special friend, Paul. Her Church friends and family who are far to numerous to list but encompass not one, but THREE churches. All the weddings she played for, and funerals. She touched many MANY lives. Mom lived a VERY full 70 years.

When her time came to depart from us, the heavens rumbled and the rain poured. We can only imagine the amazing reunion that was going on up there. There must have been quite the clamor. So loud and excited we even heard it down here.

Our earthly family has lost a truly amazing woman. And Heaven has gained one of the best. Her loss from our world with be both grieved and celebrated. And it will be felt, literally, by thousands.

A Viewing will be held on Friday Evening at Edwards Memorial 5-8.
3005 Bridgeport Way W.
University Place, WA 98466

The actual memorial service will be held on Saturday at New Hope Community Church on Saturday. The time is yet undecided. We will update.
9308 Meadow Rd SW
Lakewood, WA 98499

I have to tell you a little about the moment she passed. Once I made it past the enormous grief that hit me harder than I have ever felt in my life..I realized that I witnessed something amazing.

I had been with Mom all morning yesterday. But she was sound asleep most of the time. Mom hated for us to hover when she was sleeping and we all joked how much trouble we were going to be in if she woke up to find us all there. So we decided to leave. I leaned down and tried once more to wake Mom. I kissed her on her forehead and told her that I loved her, but we were going to leave and let her sleep. She opened her eyes and looked up and just whispered "ok".

I only live minutes from Hospice House where she was staying. And was on my way home when thr nurse called. And she told me "The reason she did not wake up, sweetie, is because she is dying...and, she is just breathing her last breaths now." and at that moment, that very second, the hovering storm started. Literally. Thunder crashed and the skies opened up with hail and rain. And it took me a few moments to realize that I was hearing my Moms entrance into the ever after. We ALL heard it. My cousins in Olympia. My family at home. I don't know if it was Mom rattling the heavenly gates demanding to be let in or the uproar of the crowd of family awaiting her. But I have no doubt we were allowed to know that Mom had made it home.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » June 23rd, 2009, 5:19 am

That is a beautiful obituary! I feel like I knew your Mom.

The storm story is amazing. I also believe she had something to do with it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Next

Return to Our Departed Friends