These dogs have got to watch their teeth...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby TheRedQueen » June 17th, 2009, 3:49 pm

another dog bite in less than a week. Inara grazed Score the other day while playing...nothing major, but made him bleed. I swear, he's got skin like paper. :nono:

Now it's Ripley's turn...Gibbs got him on the ear as they were playing in the yard. Rip is feeling like hot crap lately, and pushing himself too far...(body slamming the youngsters and being an ass)...and Gibbs is feeling cocky and sure of himself. Again, nothing major...but because it's an ear, it's gushing blood...and with his white fur ruff, it's really noticeable. :rolleyes2: I'm going to kill them all.

Gibbs really needs a new home...he's pushing Rip too much lately. I should have put Rip away...and let the younger ones play. *smacks self* bad mommy! Now I feel guilty.

Idiot dogs.

At least Rip doesn't mind...he's a true herding dog, he let out a yelp, and kept running around. I then saw blood on his ruff and checked him out. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. Now he's got his head wrapped in vet wrap and his tongue in the peanut butter container.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » June 17th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Lol, don't you just love multi dog households? It seems like there is always something happening to one or other other and one of them is ALWAYS sporting a nice fresh wound
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby BigDogBuford » June 17th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Gah, ain't that the truth. I came home to a limping Doogie with a wound on his paw. I was just at the vet with Alfred on Tuesday, a different vet with a boarder to today and tomorrow back to the vet I go. :rolleyes2:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby madremissy » June 17th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Sending good thoughts to Ripley and to you Erin. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hundilein » June 17th, 2009, 8:48 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:At least Rip doesn't mind...he's a true herding dog, he let out a yelp, and kept running around. I then saw blood on his ruff and checked him out. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. Now he's got his head wrapped in vet wrap and his tongue in the peanut butter container.

I'm sorry that Rip got hurt, but the part about the vet wrap and peanut butter made me smile. Sending healing thoughts and gentle scritches to Ripley.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » June 17th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Hundilein wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:At least Rip doesn't mind...he's a true herding dog, he let out a yelp, and kept running around. I then saw blood on his ruff and checked him out. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. Now he's got his head wrapped in vet wrap and his tongue in the peanut butter container.

I'm sorry that Rip got hurt, but the part about the vet wrap and peanut butter made me smile. Sending healing thoughts and gentle scritches to Ripley.

x2 I was hoping for a picture of his head all wrapped up with a peanut butter smile. :)
madremissy

Postby TheRedQueen » June 17th, 2009, 9:28 pm

I do have some pics of him with his head wrapped...with his face in the jar...I'll post them soon. He's stopped bleeding now, and I've gotten a good look at it...it's not deep at all, and I've clipped all the fluff from around the site. Dogs... :rolleyes2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » June 17th, 2009, 9:59 pm

Ear flaps suck. Wilma pierced one of Buford's ears in two spots and it was bleeding like crazy. I forgot where I'd put all the bandanas so I wrapped him up in one of my silk scarves and took him to the vet like that. It was pretty embarrassing for both of us, walking into the lobby...... :oops:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Jenn » June 17th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Awww poor guys :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » June 18th, 2009, 3:27 am

maybe Oscar gets a "special" award? :lol3: He injures himself all alone :rolleyes2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby blabsforbullies » June 18th, 2009, 7:37 pm

I hope everyone is ok! :shock:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby madremissy » June 18th, 2009, 7:38 pm

How is Rip doing today?
madremissy

Return to Nutrition & Health