Jebus Christie

Postby BigDogBuford » June 17th, 2009, 9:16 pm

So an elderly grandma was brutally murdered in a town north of me. Take a look at the mug shot of one of the guys. :shock:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/48213217.html

MARYSVILLE, Wash. -- Two men arrested in Missouri in the slaying of a 73-year-old Marysville, Wash., grandmother have been returned to Washington and charges against them have been upgraded to first-degree murder.

Prosecutors previously charged 25-year-old Joshua Gilliam and 22-year-old Ryan L. Miller with second-degree murder in Snohomish County Superior Court. Those charges were upgraded Tuesday by Deputy Prosecutor Janice Albert.

The men were booked Tuesday into the Snohomish County Jail, with bail set at $1 million each.

They were arrested last week in Eagleville, Mo., just south of the Iowa border, driving victim Shirley Sweeton's car. Prosecutors allege they fatally bludgeoned the woman with a hammer June 5 while robbing her home.

According to the statement of probable cause, Miller admitted to the gruesome crime at the time of the arrest.

"We did something we should not have done...We killed someone, an old lady. He hit her with a hammer seven or eight times and I hit her twice...We were on heroin," Miller said, according to the document.

The pair told detectives they'd gotten rid of the hammer while driving on Highway 2.

The statement said Gilliam sometimes stayed at Sweeton's home in the past while he was dating her granddaughter, who often stayed with Sweeton. The couple used heroin together and Gilliam has a history of fraudulently using Sweeton's credit cards and taking her car without permission, prosecutors said.

By June, the two had broken up, according to the document. Sweeton's granddaughter had moved into a group home and Gilliam was living at the Mission in Everett, where Miller was also staying. Both Gilliam and his ex-girlfriend are patients of Compass Health.

Gilliam, an unregistered child molester with two felonies, is on community custody for heroin possession and for failing to register as a sex offender. He has an escape warrant pending.

Miller has 13 misdemeanor convictions - six adult and seven juvenile - including theft and assault.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » June 17th, 2009, 9:33 pm

I didn't know what to expect...but not that. :crazy2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 17th, 2009, 9:47 pm

Wow.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby BigDogBuford » June 17th, 2009, 10:00 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Wow.

Something about his photo just makes me think, put him away....forever. Or hire someone to shank him in prison.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Jenn » June 17th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Oh my what a sick azz

Poor lady :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » June 17th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Forever wouldn't be long enough. :mad2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hoyden » June 17th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Creepy looking dude.

Sometimes I wish these guys would do us all a favor and OD while they're playing with their drugs.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Malli » June 18th, 2009, 3:24 am

I can't see it :neutral:

but what an awful thing to do.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 18th, 2009, 5:49 am

Drugs are bad enough, but add mental illness into the mix and that is what you get.

RIP Shirley.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » June 18th, 2009, 9:09 am

BigDogBuford wrote:Something about his photo just makes me think, put him away....forever. Or hire someone to shank him in prison.

Agreed. He's a "horror movie based on a true story" waiting to happen.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » June 18th, 2009, 10:08 am

What a nightmare. I'll never understand how things like this can happen

He reminds me of Private Pile in Full Metal Jacket when he lost his mind
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Marinepits » June 18th, 2009, 10:11 am

maberi wrote:He reminds me of Private Pile in Full Metal Jacket when he lost his mind

Oooooo, totally! :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby call2arms » June 18th, 2009, 10:27 am

Aaaaah so true... And that's not good.
I'm not sure that creepy face has anything to do with heroin, anyway... Brrrr.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 18th, 2009, 11:45 am

Matt you are so right!

Here's the pic for those who couldn't see it:

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » June 18th, 2009, 1:24 pm

who smiles for their mug shot?

The one on the right looks loopy and the one on the lef looks brainless.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 19th, 2009, 5:26 am

Malli wrote:who smiles for their mug shot?

The mentally insane.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TinaMartin » June 19th, 2009, 11:10 am

That is beyond creepy. :shock:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to All the news that's fit to print