Pit bull attacks woman taking a shower

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby HappyPuppy » June 11th, 2009, 4:59 pm

http://blogs.app.com/saywhat/2009/06/11 ... -a-shower/

Pit bull attacks woman taking a shower

June 11, 2009 • 11:26 am • By Diana Fasanella
An elderly Florida woman was attacked by a pit bull Friday while she was taking a shower.

What? No doors on that bathroom?
Joan Brown Benitez was at a neighbor’s Howey-in-the-Hills home using the shower when several dogs entered the home through a doggie door and one of the dogs, an 18-month-old pit bull, attacked her. It was unclear why Benitez was showing at her neighbor’s home.

The 73-year-old was rushed to a nearby Lake County hospital with cuts and punctures on her arms and legs, the Associated Press reported.

The dog, named Marley, was turned over to animal services and will be euthanized after a 10-day quarantine if the owner does not reclaim it. A female pit bull living at the home also was turned over to animal services.

The dog’s owner, James Rhew, told police the dog went after his neighbor because he was not familiar with her since she had been in his home only a couple of times.

Maybe a handshake first would have helped.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » June 11th, 2009, 11:38 pm

Do we not want this kind of lame crap on here? Should I not have found this postworthy? I'm having second thoughts... (or do we want to know the good, the bad and they ugly?)...
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » June 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

:shock:

I sort of didn't know what to say... :wink:

Maybe a handshake first would have helped.

I DO hate that kind of sarcastic "journalism" though. :rolleyes2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Malli » June 12th, 2009, 4:45 am

Do we not want this kind of lame crap on here? Should I not have found this postworthy?

I think it depends on the person :wink: :|

On one hand its good to keep up with the frequency of these things, to know where we're at in the world; on the other hand....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » June 12th, 2009, 9:28 am

Agreed.. :|

Very weird story anyway..... Wonder if technically the home owner is considered liable for this?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » June 12th, 2009, 9:59 am

So...I wonder if he'll be reclaiming the dog...and I wonder why she was in his shower...so many questions. Odd, odd story.

is there anymore to this story? Any follow-ups? :confused:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby GloriasMom » July 11th, 2009, 9:27 am

To me it sounds like it was newsworthy only because of the pit bull angle. The dogs entered their own home, found a stranger and did what we usually want our dogs to do -- attacked the intruder. Now the dogs are facing death for doing their job. If these dogs had meant to kill her she would have been dead. I hope the owner has sense enough to understand his dogs and not let them die for his stupidity.

I don't really think this story is lame. It's a reminder to know your dog and to understand the way a dog thinks. This could just as easily have read with almost any other breed as the dog.
Come and see our Gang. 9 of them still live here....whew!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/holeinthewallrescue/
GloriasMom
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » July 13th, 2009, 3:06 pm

So, the one that bit her was dumped at the pound, as well as the one that didn't?

Hopefully that moron will get rid of ALL of his dogs.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL