"project" SBT needs home or rescue

Postby Malli » May 26th, 2009, 4:05 am

long story short, clients from work that had their other dog in for issues recently asked if any of us would be interesting in taking in their other dog, Indie.

He sounds much more high drive then their other dog, and has been having some issues; bit the owner when all worked up and has toy possession issues. Because of this they are worried that he may hurt their baby

The couple have a new baby (don't roll your eyes yet!) and simply do not feel they have the time to exercise and train him as he needs. The lady is quite concerned that he not become "another Pit Bull mauling a child" in the newspaper story, as she loves the breed.

I'd honestly consider taking him myself but am not financially prepared for another dog at this point.

So, anyone know any contacts in the lower mainland, BC? :mrgreen:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Malli » May 26th, 2009, 4:29 am

I should add that they have been trying to rehome the dog on their own since the fall, because they don't want him to go to a shelter. They are moving in a month, and he is 6 years old - they are his only home.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Malli » May 28th, 2009, 1:53 pm

no one even knows anyone who might help?? :(
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pocketpit » May 28th, 2009, 2:23 pm

Can you PM me?
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby pocketpit » May 28th, 2009, 2:30 pm

I sent you a PM :D
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » May 28th, 2009, 3:47 pm

TY :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Malli » May 30th, 2009, 2:53 am

E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » May 30th, 2009, 2:59 am

He's very handsome... what's his name? :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Malli » May 30th, 2009, 3:02 am

Indie :)

The more I see things like the pictures they have, the more I'm convinced they love him and simply can't handle him...
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » May 30th, 2009, 3:08 am

Malli wrote:Indie :)

The more I see things like the pictures they have, the more I'm convinced they love him and simply can't handle him...

I do applaud their decision not to let him become a statistic.

So - when is he meeting Os??? :D :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » May 30th, 2009, 7:52 pm

what a cutie! If he wasn't older, I'd mention him to flyballers... :| I can't think who else would like him. I can't get rid of my puppy. ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » May 30th, 2009, 9:14 pm

he still sounds quite high energy, but maybe not as much as a 1or 2 yr old dog...

I think he just needs a job :| OB, exercise, etc...
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Malli » June 4th, 2009, 3:44 am

well, the help from rescues has been overwhelming :rolleyes2:

This is a bit frustrating, both that have responded have pegged me as someone who is helping people who want "the easy way out".

He still needs a place to go!! :D

They are moving on June 17th :neutral:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby call2arms » June 4th, 2009, 1:57 pm

I know of a client that got 2 staffies from the canadian staffy club rescue in Ontario (yes, Ontario!) so maybe they could hook you up with a breeder in BC that could help rehoming? http://www.staffordcanada.com/ Oh, here's a link directly to the rescue page (I had a hard time to find it) so you (or they) can contact the responsible person for rescue...http://www.staffordcanada.com/about_sbtcc/rescue.html
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » June 4th, 2009, 7:49 pm

thank you! :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby DeeNtheChillas » June 5th, 2009, 7:40 pm

He's so cute... reminds me of my ex's SBT, 'cept this one has a weenie. Ha!
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » June 17th, 2009, 4:05 pm

A dog trainer/extremely breed knowledgeable man and I went to assess Indie with his people, we talked over all the options, told them his chances of being rehomed, told him his best chance was with them, and told him that he really wasn't that bad (he isn't, his toy posession is really his issue), and told them about all his great qualities, too :)

They've decided to try and work through stuff with him! :confetti:

I'll be forwarding the names of some people in Bullies where they are moving who can help them with training shortly!! :D
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby call2arms » June 17th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Woot!

Tell them to come on the board, too!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » June 17th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Great news! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » June 18th, 2009, 3:20 am

yeah, I think with the toddler and the training and working with Indie, they aren't going to have much time for the board! :wink:
E-I-E-I-O!

Next

Return to Rescue