so annoyed with freecycle

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby girlie » April 23rd, 2006, 7:27 pm

So i'm getting rid of alot my things via freecycle, and am growing very annoyed with many of the people that frequent that site.

One individual was sooooooo excited that i am offering a queen size bed with head and foot boards, a twin bed with head and foot boards and two aditional twin frames (all in very good condition), and sheets and comforters for all items. OK, so this person having 6 kids expressed their TRUE NEED for these items, ummm where are they to pick up the stuff? Gee guess they realy didn't NEED anything.

Another individual was asking for anything and everything needed to start a home of their own.....my offer to them, a computer desk, a kitchen table w/ 5 chairs, an 8x11 seagrass rug, a set of dishes and silverware, and various other kitchen items all in great condition. This individuals response, "do you think you could ship me the stuff"......What?!?! they wanted me to pay to give them my things.

I am growing more and more disguted with people on a daily basis, what happened to gratitude and appreciation? I'll be damned if anyone ever offered me things like i am offering others my little ass would be all over it in a heartbeat.....

Sorry ya'll i'm just really frustrated right now.....stupid moving...ugh!!!
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Sue » April 23rd, 2006, 7:34 pm

DAMN!! Why don't you live closer!!! You're giving away some good stuff!!
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby msvette2u » April 23rd, 2006, 7:36 pm

I was just thinking the same thing... :o
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby girlie » April 23rd, 2006, 7:37 pm

Gee, i guess i could ship it to ya'll................LMAO
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » April 23rd, 2006, 7:37 pm

Why don't you just take it with you and put it in storage?
Purple
I live here

Postby girlie » April 23rd, 2006, 7:40 pm

The cost to ship it is just crazy, i can leave some stuff here and my parents could store it for me, but alot of this stuff i don't even use right now, all those beds are in my garage, along with the table and chairs and kitchen stuff. I just have too much stuff and have been wanting to downsize/simplify for a looong time.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby msvette2u » April 23rd, 2006, 7:46 pm

Pssst...the Flylady musta got to her... lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby girlie » April 23rd, 2006, 7:50 pm

msvette2u wrote:Pssst...the Flylady musta got to her... lol

LOL......cute. No i don't break out the dental floss on my sink.

I just have too much furniture, my coffee table has four storage drawers in it, yeah there empty. My duaghters dresser is half empty, as well as my sons, i have an antique letter desk......empty, an armoire...empty, my buffet (which i love) half empty. I don't want to fill up the furniture i have i am just ready to "let go and move on" so to speak.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby babyreba » April 24th, 2006, 8:04 am

Ooooh, freecycle makes me mad too! I gave up on it finally. I had one girl who was supposed to pick up about 200 New Yorker magazines from me bail, and she asked me to drop them off at her place. I was so aggravated, but I did it just to give them away and not throw them out.

Then I had an old industrial type wine rack that I posted, dimensions and all. Some guy claimed it, then he showed up and bitched me out because it was too large for his house. WTF?

After that I stopped posting there. People on freecycle seem particularly annoying for some reason!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby luvmyangels » April 24th, 2006, 8:36 am

I currently have a pool ladder on freecycle and I have a person I have been waiting on since Friday. I feel bad because she really needs it. But finally I just told her if she can't come get it by today I will have to move on to the next person.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 24th, 2006, 9:53 am

The only thing I see on freecycle around here are things I would be embarassed to list. Nothing but crap!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » April 24th, 2006, 9:53 am

I had a bag of hair items and body spray, I would get those things on clearance and then realized I have way too many, so decided to clean my stuff out. In my case YES it is the FLYLady whom I try to ignore overall but she's getting to me ;)
So I advertised it, two women wrote, the first one wanted it but didn't want to pick it up right away. As you know, when trying to get rid of things you've hoarded, getting it out of the house immediately is imperative!!
So I let the second woman know she could have the things and it still took her 3 days to get out here. I ended up taking a body spray out and giving it to Ashley who has been using it now, and some conditioner/detangler for her hair...lol
At least she's using it and it isn't stashed under my sinks and in closets...lol
I'm so weird. :|
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » April 24th, 2006, 1:50 pm

I completely and totally feel your pain!! People are amazing. :rolleyes2: I don't know what Freecycle is, but I had a free mobile home and some free washers and dryers, as well as an old antique chair on a local website. The idiots drove me insane!
Jenn
undecided

Postby bullymommy » April 24th, 2006, 5:40 pm

fly lady is my saving grace!!! for the longest time i would have been embarassed to have anyone knock on my door and now its no big deal. now this freecycle thing whats the website for it?

im sorry pitcess that you are having a hard time with the ungreatful people out there!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Off-Topic