Vick Released to Home Confinement

Postby Marinepits » May 20th, 2009, 8:36 am

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520 ... latestnews

Source: NFL Star Michael Vick Leaves Prison to Begin Home Confinement
Wednesday, May 20, 2009

RICHMOND, Va. — Suspended NFL star Michael Vick has left a Kansas prison to begin home confinement in Virginia, according to a person familiar with the release details.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because no public announcement has been made.

Vick left the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth before dawn Wednesday, according to the source.

He had been serving a 23-month sentence for financing a dogfighting ring.

He will spend the last two months of the term on electronic monitoring at his five-bedroom home in Hampton, Va.

The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback is expected to be released from federal custody July 20, but he will be on probation for three years.

He hopes to persuade NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to reinstate him.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 20th, 2009, 8:52 am

I read somewhere (sorry, can't remember where) that he will be teaming up with the H$U$ to make a documentary or some such crap about how dog fighting is wrong. He'll be getting paid $600,000 for it. :rolleyes2:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 20th, 2009, 8:54 am

(CNN) -- Former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick left a federal prison in Leavenworth, Kansas, early Wednesday, according to his publicist and the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

He will serve the last two months of his 23-month sentence in home confinement in Virginia, his publicist Judy Smith said. He is a native of Newport News, Virginia.

Vick, 28, pleaded guilty in August 2007 to a federal charge of bankrolling a dogfighting operation at a home he owned in Virginia.

He plans to work with the Humane Society of the United States on anti-dogfighting campaigns following his release, Humane Society President Wayne Pacelle told CNN on Tuesday.

Vick will work on programs aimed at preventing youths from getting involved in dogfighting, and also on programs to assist young people who have already been involved in the blood sport.

Pacelle said the Humane Society was approached by Vick's representatives. He said he has traveled to Kansas twice to meet with the former quarterback, and during the second visit, the two discussed how Vick could use his sway over youths to discourage them from involvement in dogfighting, as well as help those who were apprehended in connection with it.

Details have not yet been hammered out, Pacelle said, but will be in the next couple of days.

Last month, a federal bankruptcy judge denied a Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan presented by Vick, urging him to offer the court another plan to emerge from bankruptcy. The plan called for Vick to come up with $750,000 to $1 million in cash to be paid to creditors, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Frank Santoro said, but added he saw no evidence Vick could come up with that much. Santoro suggested Vick's next plan not call for him to keep two houses and three cars, as did the rejected proposal.

In testimony, Vick acknowledged committing a "heinous" act and said he should have acted more maturely. He said he has been earning 12 cents an hour as an overnight janitor in prison. His Falcons salary, he said, was between $10 million and $12 million. He acknowledged failing to handle his money well.

Vick's attorneys have said he will work at a Newport News construction firm following his release. But the sports agent who negotiated Vick's 10-year, $140 million contract with the Falcons testified that Vick will return to the game as soon as September if reinstated by the NFL. Meanwhile, he has also agreed to participate in a documentary for $600,000.

More attention has been paid to dogfighting as a result of Vick's case, Pacelle said. The Humane Society, which offers rewards for tips involving dogfighting, has recently paid out $40,000 in five different cases, he said.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » May 20th, 2009, 9:03 am

Oh, I see. He's doing the documentary to get himself out of bankruptcy. :rolleyes2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » May 20th, 2009, 9:32 am

Should have sentenced him in doggie years.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby plebayo » May 23rd, 2009, 7:40 pm

I'm not sure how anyone would even be willing to work with him in an anti-dog fighting campaign. It's not like he's against it, I don't know how someone can be "reformed" as if he didn't know dog fighting was bad when he was participating in it.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby DemoDick » May 23rd, 2009, 9:10 pm

plebayo wrote:I'm not sure how anyone would even be willing to work with him in an anti-dog fighting campaign. It's not like he's against it, I don't know how someone can be "reformed" as if he didn't know dog fighting was bad when he was participating in it.

Don't put anything past the HSUS and other animal rights extremist groups. They're media whores and will do anything to draw attention to their "cause." Even working with a guy like Vick. It's not really about the animals, it's about groupthink and validation.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby cheekymunkee » May 24th, 2009, 7:44 pm

DemoDick wrote:
plebayo wrote:I'm not sure how anyone would even be willing to work with him in an anti-dog fighting campaign. It's not like he's against it, I don't know how someone can be "reformed" as if he didn't know dog fighting was bad when he was participating in it.

Don't put anything past the HSUS and other animal rights extremist groups. They're media whores and will do anything to draw attention to their "cause." Even working with a guy like Vick. It's not really about the animals, it's about groupthink and validation.

Demo Dick

:goodStuff:

Jerry Jones has talked recently about being interested in him. Stupid plastic faced alcoholic. :puke:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Michael Vick