Well that ought to stop her from letting it bite again...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby msvette2u » April 24th, 2006, 11:32 am

:rolleyes2:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst ... ull24.html

10-pound dog takes a bite out of pit bull
April 24, 2006

BY DAN MORAN Waukegan News-Sun

The owner of a 10-pound "toy" dog was cited over the weekend when her dog attacked an 80-pound pit bull. Garry Laffredi was walking his 2-year-old pit bull Capone near his apartment complex Thursday when a neighbor's Pomeranian came running at them and attacked the dog.

"[Capone's] not a bad guy. He's real friendly. He's people-friendly,'' Laffredi said. "He loves other dogs. [But] this little Pomeranian ran out and starts biting him on the foot."

Pomeranians, which are classified as toy dogs by the American Kennel Club, can be as small as 3 pounds and resemble a fox in appearance, generally having a bushy orange coat and pointed ears.

Capone, a 2-year-old pit bull, was bitten on the foot and top of the head when he was attacked by a Pomeranian. (WAUKEGAN NEWS-SUN)

Laffredi said the Pomeranian bit Capone's foot hard enough "to draw blood" and also managed to nick Capone on the top of the head as Laffredi tried to pull the pit bull away on a leash.

'They stand their ground'

Eventually, Laffredi said, Capone "grabbed the dog and more or less set him off to the side" before the two dogs were separated.

It was not the first time Laffredi had a run-in with the 10-pound dog. He was bit in the hand two weeks ago by the Pomeranian but chose not to report it, he said.

Waukegan animal warden Tina Fragassi said she was not surprised when her office fielded the report about Thursday's attack.

"They stand their ground, those little dogs," she said.

The Pomeranian's owner described the incident as an unfortunate episode that she wanted to put behind her. She was cited with failure to prevent a dog bite, owning a dog running at large, not possessing a dog license and not having updated rabies shots. Each citation comes with a $25 fine, Fragassi said.
Sun-Times News Group
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 24th, 2006, 11:42 am

Little bastard
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » April 24th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Only a $25 fine per bite? That's rediculous. I hope the fines for the other stuff were higher . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Malli » April 24th, 2006, 12:45 pm

The little ones are evil. :twisted:

I can't count the number of times we've come across little dogs with insane aggression, lunging at the end of the lead, growling, barking incessently.

I agree, the fines should be higher, big or small, it doesn't matter.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Malli » April 24th, 2006, 12:46 pm

oh yeah, and whats that? the owner wants to put it behind her??

Thats a lovely approach to aggression, "yes, I'll just ignore it"

pffft.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pLaurent » April 24th, 2006, 4:15 pm

[/img]I can't count the number of times we've come across little dogs with insane aggression, lunging at the end of the lead, growling, barking incessently

Oh this happens all the time! Toy poodles, Yorkies etc. going ballistic with aggression at Chloe, who thinks they're nuts.

One little raggedy mutt ran out into the road and tried insanely to hump Chloe while his owner chuckled. I informed him that having his dog running in the road, accosting big dogs, is no laughing matter.

Idiots.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby luvmyangels » April 24th, 2006, 4:31 pm

That is messed up.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SKoth » April 24th, 2006, 4:58 pm

Nevermind the fines, the story has been in the Chicago Sun Times, the Chicago Tribune and the News Sun. The publicity and embarassment alone should keep her in check.
SKoth
Just Whelped

Postby call2arms » April 24th, 2006, 5:18 pm

For god's sake, if every big dog owner got away with a 25$ fine...
No big deal "the dog holds it's ground" as if it was positive it had bitten a pit bull.

Bleh.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 24th, 2006, 6:40 pm

call2arms wrote:No big deal "the dog holds it's ground" as if it was positive it had bitten a pit bull.
Bleh.

makes me mad... now if the pit bull had bitten the little dog that would have been a media frenzy
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Pit Bull Talk