Everyone thought I would kill them....

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby madremissy » May 14th, 2009, 7:22 pm

but this is my third year with my roses. :D This is the second cutting so far this spring. I feel that I am doing fairly well if I do say so myself. I have pinks, reds, yellows, purples and oranges.

This yellow rose has been the biggest and longest lasting bloom yet.

madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » May 14th, 2009, 7:40 pm

As long as you don't cook or bake them, no one will die Missy.... :neener:

They are stunning. I have the yellow one as the face of my cell phone. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » May 14th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Oh, they're beautiful! :heartbeat:

I wish I could grow them here, but the damn deer eat them down to the ground, thorns and all. >(
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 14th, 2009, 7:53 pm

So pretty!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » May 14th, 2009, 8:02 pm

very pretty :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » May 14th, 2009, 8:07 pm

Bee u ti full!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » May 14th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Thanks girls.

Joyce I am waiting for this other purple one to open up and I will send you a picture of that to.

Jenifer, I have them around my front porch so the deer don't usually come up that far. They sure are working on my watermelons down in the field though :mad2:

My Daddy came and really showed me how to prune and cut them. I fertilize them twice during the growing season. I really didn't think I would like it but it is addicting :D
madremissy

Postby CinderDee » May 14th, 2009, 11:11 pm

They're gorgeous, Missy!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby madremissy » May 14th, 2009, 11:23 pm

Thanks Dee. :)
madremissy

Postby TheRedQueen » May 15th, 2009, 12:05 am

I'm in awe of you Missy...those are gorgeous! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » May 15th, 2009, 12:10 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I'm in awe of you Missy...those are gorgeous! :D

:oops: Thanks Erin, but don't jinx me. Travis is still waiting for me to kill them. I have a bad past when it comes to plants. I have turned over a new leaf in the new house and decided that I would water them. They grow much better that way. :wink:
madremissy

Postby CinderDee » May 15th, 2009, 2:12 am

I love plants and flowers and want to get some for my apt. I get pretty good sun in the front.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » May 15th, 2009, 6:31 am

Oh, Missy I'm so proud for you! I'm a plant killer also, so I know what an accomplishment this is for you. They are absolutely beautiful. I love roses, but would never have the courage to try to grow them. :nono:

This is my second year to have success with my little bitty flowerbed out front. Last year a friend came over and helped me plant it and it did quite well. At the end of the season, I had one plant left that was still thriving, it bloomed and lived through the winter, through the hale storm, through the snow, and is still healthy and blooming today. So I went out and bought more of the same plant (gazania) for this year and planted just those. They are doing surprisingly well. If you want to plant more flowers, you might give them a try.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » May 15th, 2009, 10:56 am

Dee, I don't know if they grow up there but zinnias are a good potted plant and impatients. You just have to water them. That is my problem during the summer. I let them get to hot and forget to feed them. :crazy2:

Shanna, Here is another one that I planted when we first moved in and it is doing good to. It is a clematis. It is a vine and it did well this spring also.

Elephant Ears are doing well also. These I transplanted from my old house. They get quite large and you have to thin them out.
I figured the best trick is to plant something close to the gutters so it can at least get the rain water they have a fighting chance. :wink:

madremissy

Postby amazincc » May 15th, 2009, 1:23 pm

How pretty, Missy!!! :shock: :o

Now come to my house and help ME with my yard. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » May 15th, 2009, 1:38 pm

Thanks Christine, I don't know how much help I would be. This is a hit or miss thing with me. :|
Now if I can just get the dogs to quit digging I could grow some grass. :rolleyes2:
madremissy

Postby amazincc » May 15th, 2009, 1:42 pm

madremissy wrote:Now if I can just get the dogs to quit digging I could grow some grass. :rolleyes2:

If I could stop mine, I could grow something, period. :rolleyes2: lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » May 15th, 2009, 10:46 pm

I wish I had a yard so I could plant some flowers and veggies. Everything looks gorgeous, Missy.

Dee, I don't know if they grow up there but zinnias are a good potted plant and impatients. You just have to water them. That is my problem during the summer. I let them get to hot and forget to feed them. :crazy2:

Ooh, thanks. Maybe I'll get some. I'm good about watering & feeding my plants, so they should do ok.

I'd like to get a tree of some sort for the living room.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby LMM » May 19th, 2009, 3:48 pm

They are gorgeous! I really wish I knew a little more about this kind of stuff. I feel like I'm going in blind trying to make my yard look purdy!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby BigDogBuford » May 19th, 2009, 4:09 pm

I have the brown thumb of death when it comes to plants.....
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to All the Rest