Question about Taste of the Wild

Postby juniper8204 » May 9th, 2009, 9:51 pm

I currently feed all my pups Innova Evo. I went in to buy another bag the other day, and there was a sales rep. there and he suggested that the next time I needed food, to try TOTW because it is also grain free but for a better price. This sounded great to me! But, there's always a "but", I was informed that TOTW will not disclose ANY information whatsoever about the quality of their ingredients or where they're sourced or whether they are USDA inspected or not. Unlike EVO which is human grade and holistic, and it's advertised as such. I was wondering if anyone else had any info on this. All of my dogs love EVO, and if it's better for them, then I'll definitely keep feeding it to them. It's just so darn expensive!

Thanks!
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » May 9th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BritneyP » May 9th, 2009, 10:27 pm

don't switch.
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Mickle » May 10th, 2009, 8:04 am

BritneyP wrote:don't switch.

My thoughts exactly!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby Hoyden » May 10th, 2009, 10:31 am

I'm currently feeding Birdie TOTW and I'm not as happy with it as I was when I was feeding her Timberwolf, before the switched their formulas around.

Other than their website, is there more info on TOTW.

Do you guys feel that EVO is a better food?

Cost isn't an issue for me because I depend on Birdie everyday to keep me safe and let me live a mostly normal independent life, I need her to be healthy and strong.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby AllAmericanPUP » May 10th, 2009, 4:43 pm

I was feeding Henry TOTW and it didn't agree with him, he was getting ear infections and a yeasty smelly near his mouth.
switched him to Wellness 'cause it recently became available here and so far so good
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby juniper8204 » May 11th, 2009, 9:58 am

Thanks for the info! I don't mind paying for EVO...just trying to cut corners where I can, ya know? But I will keep my guys on EVO and not switch. Thanks!
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies