Naked Shelves

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby SisMorphine » May 6th, 2009, 8:06 am

I took a HUGE step in my healthy eating last night and I cleaned off my shelves of anything bad. All of the popcorn, chips, rice packages, pasta packages, mac'n'cheese, ramen noodles, cookies, etc have been bagged and are heading off to the food pantry tomorrow. Now all I have on my shelves are some tomatoes for gazpacho, some super healthy cereal, and tea. I should have taken a before picture, but here is what it looks like now.

And on the plus side, my fridge is now FILLED with delicious fresh fruits and veggies :dance:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 6th, 2009, 8:18 am

Good for you!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby maberi » May 6th, 2009, 8:33 am

Nice!! That is actually a great idea

Heidi and I always argue over junk food. I don't want it in the house because my will power is fairly low and if it is around I will eat it. If the crap isn't available though I never crave it
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby SisMorphine » May 6th, 2009, 8:40 am

maberi wrote:Nice!! That is actually a great idea

Heidi and I always argue over junk food. I don't want it in the house because my will power is fairly low and if it is around I will eat it. If the crap isn't available though I never crave it

That is definitely part of my issue. The ramen noodles staring me in the face . . . they just had to be eaten! Now I just need to be sure I make enough time to actually prepare my meals. Normally I do a grab'n'go but I can't do that with the fresh stuff!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby maberi » May 6th, 2009, 8:43 am

SisMorphine wrote: Now I just need to be sure I make enough time to actually prepare my meals. Normally I do a grab'n'go but I can't do that with the fresh stuff!

No doubt that is the hardest part

I usually try to cook up a large part of my meals for the week on Sunday so I don't have to bother during the week when I get home from work and am tired

That will usually last me until about Wed. or Thurs. and then it isn't usually a big deal to cook for the remaining days

Good luck!!
maberi

Postby amazincc » May 6th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Ooohhhh.... I SEE that HUGE box of cookies up on top!!! :shock: :o

No, I don't ... but I made you look! :neener:

WTG, Sis! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » May 6th, 2009, 1:45 pm

amazincc wrote:Ooohhhh.... I SEE that HUGE box of cookies up on top!!! :shock: :o

No, I don't ... but I made you look! :neener:

WTG, Sis! :)

Those are board games, you goof!! :mrgreen:
SisMorphine

Postby maberi » May 6th, 2009, 1:46 pm

Now that I am looking what is that thing behind those drink glasses on the top shelf

It looks like a .....
maberi

Postby amazincc » May 6th, 2009, 1:47 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Those are board games, you goof!! :mrgreen:

Of COURSE they are... that's what I call my secret stash as well. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LMM » May 6th, 2009, 2:44 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
maberi wrote:Nice!! That is actually a great idea

That is definitely part of my issue. The ramen noodles staring me in the face . . . they just had to be eaten! Now I just need to be sure I make enough time to actually prepare my meals. Normally I do a grab'n'go but I can't do that with the fresh stuff!

You can still grab and go! That is essential for me. I just plan for ONE day a week (usually Sunday) to make a few meals that freeze wonderfully. That way during the week, all I need to do is steam some veggies, nuke some veggie chili (for example), and wa la! Dinner in 10.

Congrats on clearing out, it's an important step!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » May 6th, 2009, 2:44 pm

maberi wrote:
SisMorphine wrote: Now I just need to be sure I make enough time to actually prepare my meals. Normally I do a grab'n'go but I can't do that with the fresh stuff!

No doubt that is the hardest part

I usually try to cook up a large part of my meals for the week on Sunday so I don't have to bother during the week when I get home from work and am tired

That will usually last me until about Wed. or Thurs. and then it isn't usually a big deal to cook for the remaining days

Good luck!!

Haha you beat me! I do the same thing
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby SisMorphine » May 6th, 2009, 2:49 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to do some homemade balsamic vinagrette and start chopping some veggies so I can do salads. I just need that extra 10-15 minutes in the morning. I'll find it, eventually, I'm sure. It's all about the lifestyle change!
SisMorphine

Postby maberi » May 6th, 2009, 3:18 pm

Don't forget some protein!!

SisMorphine wrote:Tomorrow I'm going to do some homemade balsamic vinagrette and start chopping some veggies so I can do salads. I just need that extra 10-15 minutes in the morning. I'll find it, eventually, I'm sure. It's all about the lifestyle change!
maberi

Postby amazincc » May 6th, 2009, 4:52 pm

maberi wrote:Now that I am looking what is that thing behind those drink glasses on the top shelf

It looks like a .....

Like a... WHAT??? :shock: :?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » May 6th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Looks like a bong to me. But then everything does these days.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » May 6th, 2009, 7:36 pm

LOL! It's a tacky baby angel statue that will eventually be added to my "dead baby/angel" collection once I get some new paints.

Yes, I collect angels . . . then I make them die. Baby angels are better. Just in case anyone runs across any ;)
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » May 6th, 2009, 7:41 pm

maberi wrote:Don't forget some protein!!

I could NEVER forget the protein!!
SisMorphine

Postby BritneyP » May 7th, 2009, 12:11 am

cheekymunkee wrote:Looks like a bong to me. But then everything does these days.

Here here! :mrgreen: :naughty:
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby maberi » May 7th, 2009, 7:07 am

cheekymunkee wrote:Looks like a bong to me. But then everything does these days.

I was thinking the same thing :wink:
maberi

Postby call2arms » May 7th, 2009, 12:20 pm

I innocently tought it looked like a bottle of nesquick. Still naughty.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Return to All the Rest