4/29 + 4/30 AVRT CLUB show and Pull ENFIELD CT

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Romanwild » March 11th, 2006, 5:30 pm

I'm going to do my best to make this show!

Anyone else going or in the area?

AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER CLUB OF NEW ENGLAND
ENFIELD (I) WPULL

Apr 29; Melissa Kehler (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Wheels-B
Entries 8-8:30 am
Pull 10 am
NLC: Total Dog (held in conjunction with Apple Valley Rat Terrier Association event)

Apr 30; Melissa Kehler (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Wheels-B
Entries 8-8:30 am
Pull 10 am
NLC: Total Dog (held in conjunction with Apple Valley Rat Terrier Association event)

DOS $28; PE $18 received by April 21, 2006
Lutwinas Farm, 113 Brainard Rd; (860) 741-0223; From I – 91 South (towards Hartford, CT) Off I – 91 South take exit 49 (US Route 5/Enfield Street Exit) At end of ramp at stoplight go right onto Enfield Street (Route 5) for about ½ mile. Turn left onto Brainard Road (Firehouse on corner) and go approximately ¾ of a mile. Off I- 91 North take exit 49 (US Route 5/Enfield Street). At end of ramp bear left at fork and at the stoplight turn left onto Enfield Street (Route5) for about ¾ of a mile. Turn left onto Brainard Road follow above.
Chairperson: Bobbie Morehouse (860) 345-3277
Event Secretary: Doug Hamilton, 292 Grassy Hill Rd, Lyme CT 06371 (860) 434-3565 bluemoonkennel@sbcglobal.net
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Sue » March 11th, 2006, 6:48 pm

I'm in CT, I'll see if we can get up there... We've never been to one, what usually goes on?
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby mnp13 » March 11th, 2006, 8:21 pm

We've never been to one, what usually goes on

Dogs pull heavy weights. :twisted:

We're going to be there.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Sue » March 11th, 2006, 8:30 pm

mnp13 wrote:
We've never been to one, what usually goes on

Dogs pull heavy weights. :twisted:

We're going to be there.

Dude, I got that part :P I meant anything else? What's total dog? We're about an hour from Enfield.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 11th, 2006, 9:34 pm

i may take the ride up for a day. I haven't started any weight pull training so we won't be competing in it
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Judy » March 12th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Enfield is not far from me. I may go and check it out.
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 12th, 2006, 4:46 pm

I want to finish his weight pull title that weekend. I figure I'll do the minimum on Saturday to get his second leg, then Sunday let him pull like a monster.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » March 14th, 2006, 1:08 am

I just spoke to a very nice and very tolerant woman named Robin on the phone and she explained all the stuff about the show to me.

There are three conformation events, two on Saturday and one on Sunday. All are judged by different judges so that they will all count towards finishing your dog.

There are weight pulls on Saturday and Sunday.

Total Dog is an 'event' that combines the conformation and the weight pull and awards the dogs that perform best in both.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » March 16th, 2006, 10:03 pm

mnp13 wrote:I just spoke to a very nice and very tolerant woman named Robin on the phone and she explained all the stuff about the show to me.

There are three conformation events, two on Saturday and one on Sunday. All are judged by different judges so that they will all count towards finishing your dog.

There are weight pulls on Saturday and Sunday.

Total Dog is an 'event' that combines the conformation and the weight pull and awards the dogs that perform best in both.

Robin and her mom are awesome. They are more than a little to blame for the beaked one being here. Kelly fell in love with their Pharoahs and then that Bunny envy.........

If you are sure you'll go you can save a few $$ to spend on gas by pre entering. Remember the weight pull entries need to go to the APBTCofNE and the conformation entries to the AVRTC. Don't send them both to the Rat Terrier club. Bring easy ups as if it rains there isn't much shelter.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 16th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Thanks!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » March 17th, 2006, 2:47 am

Oh - that's not far from me and I'd like to watch.

I'll have to make sure I'm clear that weekend.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Masspitgirl » March 17th, 2006, 11:29 am

We will be there for the weight pull as always .lol 8) :P , and possibly for some conformation with Voodoo, and Spike...

I look forward to meeting some new people from this board.

We will be coming from Massachusetts
Masspitgirl
Just Whelped

Postby Magnolia618 » March 29th, 2006, 10:38 am

I think this is about 3 hours from me. MAYBE I'll make it :|

AHH! So many events! :o
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 23rd, 2006, 5:32 pm

Just checking in to see who is going to make it for sure. If I go, I may be looking for an extra handler in the show ring ... anyone interested???

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Karen » April 23rd, 2006, 9:27 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:Just checking in to see who is going to make it for sure. If I go, I may be looking for an extra handler in the show ring ... anyone interested???

Therese, Kelly's always available if you need her. She's not showing Dilly in breed Lisa is so she's free for all the classes.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 23rd, 2006, 9:57 pm

I'll be there!

Don't beat me up in the ring too bad ok? :wink:

Where are you staying?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 24th, 2006, 7:03 am

Thanks hehehe maybe I'll being 3 dogs than LOL

I'm probably doing the drive back and forth... because I can't bring everyone w/ me.

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 25th, 2006, 7:27 am

What dogs is everyone brining and what classes are you showing in?

I'm pretty sure LelslieH is going with her new puppy female . Probably BethJones with her CH and maybe Bobby with one of hers; they are all CT APBT people. I'm not sure what they are bringing.

Usually the people from PitStaff Kennel and another kennel in MA show up for this show too. It should be a nice turn out. If the gas prices don't keep everyone away

I'm still deciding. If I go, I'll probably have Samurai, and Maybe Patcheeno or Sock-M

Samurai thinks the show ring is a playground and the judges are there for his entertainment and to scratch his butt. Someday he'll stand still... UUUGH.

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Karen » April 25th, 2006, 8:02 am

Dilly's adult female and Phan's hound group. Cuddles is there for laughs in the JR ring with Laura. She's the only one if the kid drops the lead she won't eat someone else's dog or take off. Here they are off lead at the park
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 25th, 2006, 9:23 am

I'm showing and pulling Riggs.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to North East