How to cook.....

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby javjersey » May 4th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Ok.. So I didn't put this in the RAW section because it is not about raw feeding, sort of. I want to buy my dogs premium dog food but was not able to this weekend for other reasons >( Sooo what i did is buy a bag od purina and also got eggs, spinach, and broccoli and potatoes so I feed it to them with the food. I also got some sliced meat so I boil it with all the veggies and potatoes and hopefully give it a meat flavor so they eat it.. is this ok, or should I cook them in a pan with butter or something.
Brooklyn is a picky eater, Billy, the pug, is a fat ass :bs: (not really he is very healthy for a dog, never mind for a pug :rolleyes2: ) and will eat anything that I give him. The other day I was giving him pieces of bannana. I just felt bad about the food so I got them some healthy aditions to it, now the trick is how to cook it so they eat it! Any suggestions??
Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage. ~Agnes Repplier

"Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend." ~Corey Ford
javjersey
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » May 4th, 2009, 4:23 pm

I just put my guys back on raw from kibble but sometimes if I ran out of kibble I would make homemade meals for the crew.

I generally would cook everything in 1 pot so it was easier on me. I would throw ground beef, a small amount of liver if you have it, brown rice or potatoes and some kale or some other type of greens and 2 cups of water into a big pot. Bring it to a boil and then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes or rice are cooked.

I would then serve it to them with some bone meal and a supplement as well as a little cottage cheese if I had it.

If your guys won't eat their food just pick it up and put it away until their next meal. My guys all inhale their food so I don't really tend to worry about the taste too much
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby javjersey » May 4th, 2009, 4:30 pm

Thats true, Brookly wont eat a meal because he's picky but the next one he eats it completgely. Thank you. So I wont wory about the taste so much. I think as long as he thinks its "human food" he has no problem eating it :) So the cooking/ boiling should do it. Thank you
Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage. ~Agnes Repplier

"Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend." ~Corey Ford
javjersey
Just Whelped

Return to Nutrition & Health