New here to better care my 1yr old pittbull/ sheppherd mix

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby javjersey » April 21st, 2009, 12:21 pm

hi. My name is Gonzalo and I am here for better knowledge of how to take as best care of my babies as possible. I have a 1tr old Pitbull/ German Sheppherd mix and a 6 mo old pugg. lol. Well my concern now is food, I read all these forums and facts about raw diets or high quality dog foods, and how bad supermarket brands are.. So for now my concern is food mainly because ive also read that most problems come from their diet. Also I would like to learn more on training and well, theres a million more. I just want to take as best care of them as I could because sadly we outlive them 5-8x fold and this SUCKS. Ive also read that a dog on a raw diet has NO problem living over 20 years.. WOW.. Ok I am sure this is not what I am supposed to be talking about here, just thought Id say why Im here..
I am 26 from NJ. :)
Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage. ~Agnes Repplier

"Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend." ~Corey Ford
javjersey
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » April 21st, 2009, 1:19 pm

Welcome to the forum! Where did you get your dogs?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 21st, 2009, 1:21 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » April 21st, 2009, 3:39 pm

Welcome to PBT! :wave2: I am trying to imagine a Pit/Shep mix and can't wait to see photos. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » April 21st, 2009, 6:40 pm

Welcome to PBT! :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » April 21st, 2009, 6:41 pm

Hello and Welcome :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby javjersey » April 22nd, 2009, 1:17 pm

Hi!! Well Im glad that you asked Marinepits, because there is a story behind him. From what we can work out he was born in march, so I celebrate his bday with mines, on the 10th. It all started when my fiance (gf at the time) suggested she wanted a pug early last year, and my response is "eww, if youre getting a pug Im getting a dog, a manly big dog" lol, and so the hunt began. She has a friend who breeds pugs and so she had hers on hold from the next litter. Meanwhile I began looking, one day she emailed me his story from an adoption site. Its a major one and I cant remember it.
Well, he was involved, I wont even say involved because he just happened to be the owners other dog at the time, he did nothing but have a crazy owner. His owner is the cause of this story ( http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bro ... by_pi.html ) and because of his dumba$$ owner his cute little a$$ was going to be euthanized because he was his owners dog and was classified "dangerous" and I read this and saw his pic and just had to have him, I could not let him be put down, HE WAS 4mos at the time!! Not to mention the normal adoption price in NYC is $200, his was $50!! What a deal!! So 3 days later on Wednesday August 13th we made an appt. with the shelter to go see him, Sean Casey Animal Shelter, and it was love at first walk. It took them 40 minutes to track him down because they let neighborhood kids walk them so I just waited. :) I only know that hes a Pitbull/ Sheppherd mix because thats what his papers read, lol. I honestly see more of sheppherd than pitbull and I will have pictures up as soon as I learn how. Until then I will tell you about him :) Hes my baby!
He is a great dog!! Awesome dog!! So obedient, I jut wish I would train him more. I could walk him off leash and he WILL not leave my side unless I allow him to run. he LOVES to run, just run in circles, all over. I think thats why our pug (Billy) is not a pug at all, wayy too much energy for a lap dog, lol, and he can keep up with Brooklyn pretty well. Eventually he gives up because Brooklyn is 70yds away and hes lik, screw it and comes back to me. But as soon as Brooklyn runs back hes after him again. One night I made the mistake of taking him to the park w/o a leash (my fiance HATES that I do this, and for good reason) so he can run and he ran his laps and we played and when itb was time we headed back home, 2 blocks away. So hes running around me as were walking back and when were 1/2 a block from home, hes out, runs home or as to what I perceive as home because its right there. Well Im like hmnm wonder why he stopped running and then I walk up to visual distance and my heart dropps, I freeze. There is Brooklyn face to face with a skunk!! A FREGGIN SKUNK!! Brooklyn is front down, back legs up, looking like hes going to pounce, and the skunk is down ready to attack, I guess. And I just yell out (hoping with all graces that it will distract him from the skunk) BROOKLYN COME HERE!!!! And he does!! Not even a second he gets up and runs to me! Well that was one proud moment if I do say so myself, lol. Then I knew he was mines :). Thats why hes such a great boy. It cracks me up to walk him and other dogs are going crazy, chocking themselves on leashes bcause another dog and brooklyn could care less, lol. Just walks on by. Or when were on the front lawn, he WILL NOT go out in to the street, (I dont know how i got him to learn this but he did :-D ) and people walk by with their dogs and their going crazy and barking and yanking and Brooklyn just sits and watchs them and I just smile. So thats a little about my boy Brooklyn. :-)
Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage. ~Agnes Repplier

javjersey
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » April 22nd, 2009, 1:25 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » April 22nd, 2009, 7:10 pm

He is PRECIOUS!!!! :heartbeat:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby javjersey » April 24th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Thank you :-D I saw his pic n just HAD to get him :oops:

javjersey
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » April 25th, 2009, 6:41 am

javjersey wrote:Thank you :-D I saw his pic n just HAD to get him :oops:

The black muzzle against the tan face is what melted me.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Introductions