Hey there!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby plebayo » April 16th, 2009, 10:55 pm

Hi my name is Suzanne, I am 21 years old and I live in Oregon. I am a veterinary assistant soon to be licensed technician[hopefully!]. My friend Kristen [She has a pit bull named Toby] told me about this site. I just recently became the owner of a bully mix. I love dogs, my favorite breed is actually the Ibizan Hound however all of my pets are mixed breeds.

My oldest is a 12-year-old Lhasa/terrier mix named Sofie. I got her in the paper for free when she was 6mos old. Little did we know she was free because she's nuts! She has horrible seperation anxiety, she's chewed through kennels and doors. Sometimes she's okay, sometimes she's not. I love her anyway!:

Next we have LiLo. A coworker of mine just HAD to get a dog. Unfortunatley the apartment she lived in wouldn't allow a dog over 20lbs, the one they bought was a 15lb rott mix, or so she appeared. LiLo is now 4 years old, she's just a mutt but she has a lot of characteristics of a German Shepherd other than size. She's an AWESOME dog, maybe the best I'll ever have, she's very smart her only hangup is that she is insecure and barks at people she doesn't know. She will try to make friends, and will eventually shut up but it's hard to explain to people you've never met before that the growling and barking isn't serious. [Heck when people tell me that about their dogs I'm like "SURE!" hehehe]

Lastly is my new boy Seth. I have no clue what he's mixed with. My best guess is that mom and dad were muts themselves and he just came out how he came out. He's from a rescue known for amputating legs just to make the animal more adoptable. He busted his elbow and walks with a limp but isn't in pain and everything is healed. From the moment he walked in the lobby i thought he was adorable. He's SO mellow and laid back, just a total goofus. He loves everyone. He's kind of come to my rescue because I recently lost one of the best cats ever, he died under anesthesia while giving blood to a dying cat. I will never get another cat as my remaining cat has become very affectionate and I could NEVER replace the boy i lost but I think Seth has come at a really good time for me to help me move on. He's definitley got some kind of bully breed in him... I've had guesses such as boxer mix, pit mix, mastiff mix, dane mix. He's 9mos and only about 45lbs.

ANYWAY my huge novels continues!
I've loved Pit Bulls since forever. I love their dinner plate heads. I love their personalities. 9 out of 10 pits that come into the clinic are NICE dogs where I can easily say 9 out of 10 German Shepherds are bad. Any Pit Bulls that come into the clinic that are considered "bad dogs" are usually the dogs who only come in once a year for rabies, basically the dogs you know are more of a status symbol than a pet. Anywho I thought I'd check this board out in case I hit any road blocks with my boy since you all know the breed on a more personal level than I do! :)
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Jenn » April 16th, 2009, 11:27 pm

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jenn » April 16th, 2009, 11:29 pm

Hello and welcome :wave2: , love the photos!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 17th, 2009, 7:31 am

Welcome! :wave: What a great intro! So sad to hear about your cat - that must have been devastating. :(

Your puppers are very cute!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » April 17th, 2009, 10:26 am

Hello and Welcome to the forum :dance:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby SisMorphine » April 17th, 2009, 10:33 am

Welcome to the forum! You're dogs are cuties :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ArtGypsy » April 17th, 2009, 10:47 am

Welcome, Welcome !!!

What a nice intro, and what beautiful doggies you have!!

This is the greatest PB forum on the web......!!

Jody, who was just 'snoozling' with her growing poochie, Dar.......
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TinaMartin » April 17th, 2009, 10:48 am

Ok no one else has asked the most important questions yet so I will. We are nosy here. What is your shoe size? Do you have any cool ones we can borrow? What is your favorite pizza?
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Marinepits » April 17th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Welcome and enjoy the forum! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » April 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Welcome to the forum! :wave2: Seth is just melting my heart here. What a face. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » April 17th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Hey ya :wave2: Welcome and where in Oregon. If you're close I'll have to devise ways of abusing...oh I mean using ya.
airwalk
I live here

Postby plebayo » April 17th, 2009, 9:05 pm

Ok no one else has asked the most important questions yet so I will. We are nosy here. What is your shoe size? Do you have any cool ones we can borrow? What is your favorite pizza?

8.5-10.5 depending on shoe brand. All of my shoes are etnies or vans... I have some cool etnies that are red and brown with leaves in the sole and in the "E" on the outside, you can borrow those :p Hmmm fave. pizza would be one called a 'cowboy' which is olives, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, and cheese.

Welcome to the forum! Seth is just melting my heart here. What a face.

He's totally adorable. Like when he's doing something he shouldn't it's almost impossible to get mad at him because he just looks at you with those goobery pound puppy eyes.

Hey ya Welcome and where in Oregon. If you're close I'll have to devise ways of abusing...oh I mean using ya.

Hahahaha I'm in Hillsboro... like 15-20mins from downtown portland.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby airwalk » April 17th, 2009, 10:21 pm

Oh well see you're not too far away...my evil mind is already devising ways to utilize your talents and house and dogs and money and oh never mind I wasn't suppose to tell you that.
airwalk
I live here

Postby plebayo » April 18th, 2009, 11:21 am

Oh well see you're not too far away...my evil mind is already devising ways to utilize your talents and house and dogs and money and oh never mind I wasn't suppose to tell you that.

Hey now... I'm pretty much dog rich and money poor... horse rich and money poor too :p But that's cool you're in oregon too! It looks like you have a connection with clackamas county... we could probably swap some good rescue gossip.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Return to Introductions