Minnie Has A Heart Murmur

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby BigDogBuford » April 14th, 2009, 11:39 pm

She had a check up tonight and the vet heard a tiny murmur. Nothing to do but monitor it at this point. Could be due to her Addison's disease or Prednisone therapy.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » April 14th, 2009, 11:57 pm

Well crapola
airwalk
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » April 15th, 2009, 12:07 am

airwalk wrote:Well crapola

Yeah. She's done so well with her Addison's that this really kinda took me by surprise. Oh well. She's fine and we'll just keep an eye on her. We also drew blood and will have results tomorrow.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » April 15th, 2009, 12:09 am

She couldn't have a better owner if she picked one herself.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » April 15th, 2009, 3:57 am

meh, if its a little one then its no biggie (no pun) :)

Shes got a good momma, and like you said shes fine :| :wink:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 15th, 2009, 7:07 am

I ditto what everybody else said. Hopefully it stays minor and she continues to live a nice long life with you. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hundilein » April 15th, 2009, 9:02 am

Good thoughts for Minnie that it doesn't cause her any trouble.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » April 15th, 2009, 9:16 am

Ditto again to what's already been said. :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » April 15th, 2009, 9:19 am

Xander's had one for years...found as a tiny one a while back, and over the years it's gotten worse...but he's still symptom free at 8 years old. :D

Hugs to you and Minnie!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » April 15th, 2009, 9:26 am

Thanks guys! It's not the murmur that I worry about so much as now I'm afraid of starting to see more side effects of her Addison's.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby cheekymunkee » April 15th, 2009, 11:10 pm

'm so sorry, poor Minnie
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » April 15th, 2009, 11:16 pm

How were the blood results, got them back yet?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BigDogBuford » April 15th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Jenn wrote:How were the blood results, got them back yet?

Yep. Her lab work was completely normal, so no changes with her Addison's. We'll stay at the same dosage of Prednisone and Percorten-V.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » April 16th, 2009, 3:10 am

:clap:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Violet » April 21st, 2009, 11:17 pm

How old is she now, Katt? 4? I would normally just shrug off a heart murmur. Ketos had his probably his whole life and it never effected him until two years ago (at 10) As closely as Minnie has been vetted, I would tend to worry more that its popped up recently. Lots of good thoughts. Shes in good hands with you. Otherwise she never would have survived her addisons crash.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » April 22nd, 2009, 12:03 am

Violet wrote:How old is she now, Katt? 4? I would normally just shrug off a heart murmur. Ketos had his probably his whole life and it never effected him until two years ago (at 10) As closely as Minnie has been vetted, I would tend to worry more that its popped up recently. Lots of good thoughts. Shes in good hands with you. Otherwise she never would have survived her addisons crash.

Yep, she's four. And I totally agree. It's not the murmur that I'm worried about, more that it suddenly turned up. Nothing to do but monitor and she's been doing really well lately so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » April 22nd, 2009, 6:06 am

My Mom had a heart murmur and lived till 80+.I don't know what that is in dog years. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenny » April 23rd, 2009, 7:59 am

Good thoughts for Minnie!
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health