I think this story needs a new title

Postby madremissy » April 12th, 2009, 10:38 am

I think this needs to be titled. "Dumbass Woman jumps in with Polar Bears during Feeding Time"

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/04/11/polar.bear.attack/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

BERLIN, Germany (CNN) -- A polar bear attacked a woman at Berlin Zoo Friday afternoon after she climbed a fence and jumped into its habitat during feeding time, police said Saturday.

The bear attacks the woman during feeding time.

One adult polar bit her several times after she plunged into the moat, police said.

Zoo workers tossed rescue rings toward the woman to hoist her out and distract polar bears swimming nearby, said Goerg Gebhard, a Berlin police officer.

At one point the woman fell back into the water and was grabbed by a bear before she was eventually hoisted to safety.

"They saved her life," Gebhard told CNN.

The woman was severely injured and was being treated at a hospital, police said. Watch polar bear attack woman »

It's unclear why the woman entered the bear habitat, but police issued her a citation for trespassing.

Berlin Zoo is home to Knut, the first polar bear to be born there in over 30 years. The bear became a huge talking point in Germany when his mother gave birth to him in December 2006.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » April 12th, 2009, 12:18 pm

What a stupid idiot
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » April 12th, 2009, 2:21 pm

she gets the Darwin award :doh:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 12th, 2009, 9:18 pm

Dumbass. She's probably going to sue the zoo, or they'll kill the bear that bit her. :rolleyes2:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby call2arms » April 12th, 2009, 9:39 pm

I sure hope not, she had no business there. I'm happy they issued a trespassing citation. Seeing as it's in Europe, I don't think they'd euthanize the bear.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » April 13th, 2009, 9:20 am

Really. WTF is wrong with people? Did she think he would "play" with her?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » April 13th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Did you guys see the video on CNN about this? :shock: That bear tried to bite her whole entire azz off!

I think I read somewhere that they have no intention of doing anything to the bears. She jumped in during feeding time. Duh lady :rolleyes2:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » April 13th, 2009, 7:15 pm

I watched the video. :rolleyes2: He really should have eaten her.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » April 13th, 2009, 7:58 pm

it would have been fitting.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby call2arms » April 13th, 2009, 8:14 pm

After all, she IS meat. A dumb piece of meat at that.

Now she'll need an hemmorrhoid collar for her butt, just like Indy.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby madremissy » April 13th, 2009, 9:11 pm

I just can't understand #1 why anyone would think it would be a cool idea to jump in with polar bears and #2 jump in during feeding time. :doh:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Return to All the news that's fit to print