Jumping up (Schutzhund)

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby airwalk » March 16th, 2009, 2:20 pm

But you did deal with the situation immediately...you didn't wait to have to talk with the person repeatedly. I find people that place their dogs in situations where the dog is doing something that the other person does not like yet doesn't remove the dog, alter the behavior or stop interacting with that person difficult.
airwalk
I live here

Postby RedChrome » April 2nd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Ketra wrote:That makes sense, Dick. I don't like when other people correct my dogs either, and no one had better lay a finger on them.
I'll just outright say that its me she is accusing of hitting her dog. The only one to correct her dog was her. I hardly ever interacted with the dog, beyond patting him on the head.
The person in question would encourage jumping up in training, then during play when the dog would jump, she would smack him on the head or punch him in the ribs to make him get down.
In my mind, that would create major confusion for the dog, and more than likely be the cause of any inhibited drives.

Libby

Very nice, I love how you hit ALL the forums talking crap about me. Didn't you do this a year or so ago too when we got into it??? I thought we had came to a truce but obviously not.

I asked you all the time NOT to correct my dogs and you constantly did. We were roommates so that was a hard situation to change and once I did, it got better. The correcting him when he jumped up was when she came into MY yard. He does NOT jump on random people and sits for pets like a polite well trained dog should.

Just to clarify the statement that I punched him in the ribs and smacked his head, I have never Abused or Hit my dogs aggressively. I have smacked their noses and butts. I have done nothing wrong with them. I am back at my Schutzhund club here in WA and am training every week. They have all seen Judge and love him, think he looks good and is coming along nicely and has NO issues AT ALL. They said that the "idiot" that told me she had tempermant problems was just that an idiot. The behaviorist that evaluated her was the same way. She DID say that she has a little civil edge to her but it is very managable following the steps and techniques that I have started using with her.

Who needs enemies when you have friends like this?
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby BullyLady » April 2nd, 2009, 10:40 pm

RedChrome wrote:Who needs enemies when you have friends like this?

Why do you bother coming here? It seems like all you ever do is crap start. She didn't name you, and I for one had no idea it was you. And honestly, I think her question was valid and got good discussion started. Way to call yourself out.....
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby RedChrome » April 2nd, 2009, 10:53 pm

BullyLady wrote:

Why do you bother coming here? It seems like all you ever do is crap start. She didn't name you, and I for one had no idea it was you. And honestly, I think her question was valid and got good discussion started. Way to call yourself out.....

I learned that there were posts on here regarding how I treat my dogs and one about a very AWESOME lady(Umah's breeder) questioning her ethics. It was a good questions and it got great answers. I should be able to defend myself here.

I'm done here and won't be back. I used to come here for the training discussions and the different atmosphere and contributed accordingly.

Courtney
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » April 3rd, 2009, 3:23 pm

BullyLady wrote:

x2
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » April 3rd, 2009, 3:38 pm

mnp13 wrote:

x2

x3.

How many 'drama queen' endings does that make for you on this board now Court? 3? 4? Not that it matters but if would be nice if you would pick one & stick with it. Or come back & stop the crap. Choice is yours. Personally I could care less which you decide. This thread hadnt been touched in almost a month until you decided to stir up more crap. Leave your drama at the door. It's old, it's stupid, we dont give a crap. :rolleyes2:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior