So lonely....

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 21st, 2006, 1:35 pm

I dropped Inara at the vet's this morning to get spayed. It was tough leaving her but it was made easier by the fact that they all get so excited when she comes in. They love her like their own! I called at noon and they said she did very well and was slowly waking up from the anesthesia. They also cleaned out her ears and trimmed her nails. She told me to call back around 3 and they may be able to let me take her home early - normally I wouldn't be able to pick her up until 5. The house is so quiet right now. The cats are in heaven. But I'm lonely. I miss my pupper....
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » April 21st, 2006, 1:37 pm

I'm glad she's doing ok! I know our house gets very quiet when one of ours is not here...
:groupHug:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » April 21st, 2006, 1:39 pm

Glad she's doing well! :) I'm sure she'll be just as ready to be home, as you are to have her back home.
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » April 21st, 2006, 1:46 pm

I'm sure she'll be a o k!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » April 21st, 2006, 2:01 pm

I'm glad to hear things went well, I left Ruby at the vet last week for her teeth - it's not easy!!!

When I got her home she was not feeling well and someone here recommended covering her up well and that made a HUGE difference.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 21st, 2006, 2:04 pm

I'm ready to pamper her when she comes home - her bedding is in the wash, and her crate is outside soaking up some sun after being washed.
pitbullmamaliz

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 21st, 2006, 3:06 pm

Just called the vet. Unfortunately I can't pick her up early as she is still really dopey. The vet tech said when she goes back and talks to her, Inara's tail just thumps and she tries to lift her head. So I have to call back at 4:30. *sigh*
pitbullmamaliz

Postby ellie@ny » April 21st, 2006, 4:59 pm

I'm sure she will be just fine! :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 21st, 2006, 5:47 pm

Well, we went and picked her up around 5. She's still very dopey - can't lift her head, but her tail just started wagging when she saw us and she was trying to give us kisses. We have her on a blankie on the floor, covered by another blankie, and we're down here just resting with her. She's sleeping. And since she's so out of it, the cats are actually coming over and thinking about sniffing her. Progress may be made while she's completely unaware of it! My poor little girl. They said she should bounce back pretty quickly.
pitbullmamaliz

Postby katiek0417 » April 21st, 2006, 6:30 pm

I'm glad you have her back home!!! And I'm glad she's doing okay!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 21st, 2006, 7:56 pm

Anybody know how long she'll be out? They did the surgery around 10 this morning. We brought her home at 5, and she's been SOUND asleep since then. Not budging at all. Should I wake her up and have her drink some water? Or let her sleep? My hubby wants to wake her up, but I'm thinking letting her sleep is the best thing. Any thoughts?
pitbullmamaliz

Postby msvette2u » April 21st, 2006, 10:57 pm

Let her sleep. She needs the rest.
Lambie slept like a rock the whole night. The next day she was up and raring to go!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » April 21st, 2006, 11:05 pm

Let her sleep, enjoy the peace! She'll drink and eat when she's ready. I was so worried about Maddie she didn't eat for almost two days, then the latter part of the 2nd day she finally ate and I felt better. Thankfully, some online friends told me not to worry. ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby bullymommy » April 22nd, 2006, 4:21 am

when hannah came home from her spay she slept all night on the couch and covered up like a little sick kid. then the next morning the silence was broken and the peace was gone because i was woken up to her jumping up onto the bed and giving me love attacks!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 22nd, 2006, 6:15 am

Thanks for all the feedback. I slept with her on the floor last night 'cause I was just paranoid. She still can't stand up, and her head is still wobbly. She ate about 1/3 cup of food, and she's had some water. She just peed on the floor since she can't get outside, but that's okay! She's definitely become more active since last night - she's crawling around and at least trying to stand up.
Thanks again for all the reassurance - I'll keep ya updated!
pitbullmamaliz

Postby Maryellen » April 22nd, 2006, 6:19 am

she will be fine in 2 days, the females take it harder because they are getting a total hysterectomy, while the males just get their testicles cut off..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » April 22nd, 2006, 10:01 am

Maryellen wrote:she will be fine in 2 days, the females take it harder because they are getting a total hysterectomy, while the males just get their testicles cut off..

Yep, that's my line of thought too. LOL
But our older GSD walked like he was dying the day after...I thought he WAS going to die but he straightened up real quick.
Lambie was running around the day after her spay... :|
msvette2u
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 22nd, 2006, 1:59 pm

She's finally up and walking...well, staggering. I ended up getting paranoid and calling the vet. They said that since she was drinking water she would be fine. So I'm much happier now that she's mobile. I think she is too. She's back to chasing after the cats (at a much slower pace!). Right now she's lying in her crate chewing on a bone.

Thanks for all your support!!!
pitbullmamaliz

Postby Purple » April 22nd, 2006, 2:04 pm

So good to hear she is doing ok. Make sure you give her an extra blankie and a treat from me!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 22nd, 2006, 2:05 pm

I will do so!
pitbullmamaliz

Return to Nutrition & Health