Seriously? Invisible fence...

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby TheRedQueen » April 1st, 2009, 3:04 pm

for a Dogue de Bordeux?

Seriously?

:bs:

along with numerous other bully-looking dogs out in the yard near a client's house today.

:shock:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Pit♥bull » April 1st, 2009, 3:10 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:for a Dogue de Bordeux?

Seriously?

along with numerous other bully-looking dogs out in the yard near a client's house today.

:crazy2: :mad2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby maberi » April 1st, 2009, 3:13 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:for a Dogue de Bordeux?

Seriously?

Lol, it sounds like my neighbor down the street who has a Dogue de Bordeux on an invisible fence (usually without a collar). That dog makes me more nervous than any other dog around when I have to run by him with one of my guys. Lowers his head, deep hard stare and frozen stiff. I usually turn around and go around the long way if I see him out
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby SisMorphine » April 1st, 2009, 4:00 pm

People are oh so trusting of the IF people . . .

I applied to be a trainer for IF a few years back: good money, great hours, whatever. I think everything was going good until I made mention that certain dogs weren't suited for an IF. The guy wasn't too happy about that.

And then what sealed the deal of me not getting hired was when I asked him if the drug testing was annual or just when first hiring. He's the one who brought it up, I don't do drugs and was simply curious, but apparently made me look guilty. LOL! Ah well . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BigDogBuford » April 1st, 2009, 4:33 pm

Buford laughs at IF. He thinks it 'tickles'. 8)
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby DemoDick » April 2nd, 2009, 5:55 am

There are a TON of Invisible Fence yards around here. One house in particular has three huge Rotts that charge the line when I'm out running. No problems so far, but there's no fence or leash law where we're at, and I've already been charged by a BIG gsd whose owner apparently didn't believe in any fence, invisible or otherwise. His owner wasn't happy when I ran him back into his own yard with his tail tucked. I told him to keep his dog under control or next time he'd be calling the emergency vet. He seemed more upset that his dog ran away from me than he was that it got away from him.

I choose to not bring my dog with me because of this crap. How hard is it to spend the money on a good, high fence?

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby TheRedQueen » April 2nd, 2009, 6:42 am

I just don't get it... :|

And my own neighbors took down their shabbily constructed 6' wooden fence, and gave their young, spooky, wild, akita/GSD/wolf mixes an invisible fence instead...because it gives them more yard to run around in. :rolleyes2: They back up to reservoir property...with wildlife all year and kids walking through the yard in the summer. Perfect. let's put them behind an invisible fence. :doh:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BullyLady » April 2nd, 2009, 12:02 pm

I use an IF..... inside my six foot wooden privacy fence!!

Anyone who thinks an IF alone will keep their dogs contained is delusional.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Return to Training & Behavior