Dammit Munkee!!!!!!!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby SisMorphine » March 31st, 2009, 10:32 am

Munkee!! Bad dog! No drinking mommy's medicine that's for grown ups!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby CinderDee » March 31st, 2009, 11:43 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Dude, were you drinking in bed, straight from the bottle? :giggle:

:spit: :wine:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby HappyPuppy » March 31st, 2009, 11:55 am

Bad Munkee! That is a very serious offence! You are luck you are so cute....... RIP rum bottle and contents.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 31st, 2009, 1:16 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:Poor Debby!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe we Should All Take up a Collection and Get her one of those lovely crystal decanters, so she doesn't have to swig from plastic.

OR............................**tapping finger on chin**..............we could get her one of those party hats, with the sippy straws coming down from the top , RIGHT into her Mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave2: :mrgreen: :wave2: :mrgreen:

I LIKE this idea!

Cult37 wrote:I think that drinking alone in bed is either terrible, or really hot depending upon how you look at it... :|
I might have to go with terribly hot.... :|

as for the dog, hell be fine. just don't clap loudly or put him in bright sunlight i imagine hangovers suck for them too.

Yeah, it's about as far from hot as it can get. :oops:

HappyPuppy wrote:Bad Munkee! That is a very serious offence! You are luck you are so cute....... RIP rum bottle and contents.

Being cute is the ONLY thing tat has kept him alive all of these years.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby call2arms » March 31st, 2009, 4:15 pm

Malli: I guess, except being drunk, there would be passing out, liver damage?

All I know is when I asked work WHY we had a huge bottle of vodka in the meds cupboardm that it was emergency (as in, can't go to the emergency clinic) straight IV infusion - it denatures ethylene glycol and keeps it from destroying the kidney if given in time. Which makes me think, that unless your dog is a repeat offender, that there isn't that MUCH damage done by alcohol.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » April 1st, 2009, 4:00 am

call2arms wrote:Malli: I guess, except being drunk, there would be passing out, liver damage?

All I know is when I asked work WHY we had a huge bottle of vodka in the meds cupboardm that it was emergency (as in, can't go to the emergency clinic) straight IV infusion - it denatures ethylene glycol and keeps it from destroying the kidney if given in time. Which makes me think, that unless your dog is a repeat offender, that there isn't that MUCH damage done by alcohol.

lesser of 2 evils? :|

I thought the alcohal bound with the receptors that would process the antifreeze and helped the body avoid processing it? We do IV Ethyl Alcohal

I wonder if we (humans and dogs) process it the same way... It certainly appeared that way with Oscar (ran around a party knocking over beer bottles and cans before we could stop him :rolleyes2: and then slept all the next day). Obviously people are capable of severely abusing alcohal without many health related consequences...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » April 1st, 2009, 3:52 pm

I had a dog years ago that liked beer a bit too much. He would spill it & lap it up or stick his face in your glass, knock it out of your hands. Determined little crap. He was a cocker mix and rather small. My ex decided, rather than fight him over it he would put a little beer in his bowl. He got about 1/2 of a beer a night. A few times he was given a bit more than that & would get tipsy, he was a mean drunk so he never allowed him more than half or so. Someone gave him J.D. one night & he got nasty mean. Tried to kill every one, then he got sick. He never drank again after that. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby call2arms » April 1st, 2009, 4:47 pm

My mom`s golden died at 16 and lad a good lap of every single beer open in the house, which is a LOT... Especially in the summer when the whole family crashed with friends and relatives and partied.
She would just beg for it. Hearing the PSSHT of a can or bottle opened was a guarantee to have a dog nose on your lap. She wasn't fancy - just pour some on the floor and she'd lick it off.

You're right Malli, I think it keeps the antifreeze from turning into other components that go and damage kidneys...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 1st, 2009, 9:14 pm

LOL crazy alcoholic dog LOL :crazy2:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health