Pit Bulls Kill Infant

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby BigDogBuford » March 31st, 2009, 2:42 pm

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-na ... nt.Mauled/

2 dogs kill infant, injure grandmother
2 hours ago
Loading... Must Read?Thank YouYes 141

* Email Story
* Discuss
* Print

* Digg
* Del…

SAN ANTONIO — A 7-month-old boy has died after being attacked by two pit bull dogs belonging to his grandmother in San Antonio.

Police Chief Bill McManus says the grandmother was getting ready to feed the boy Tuesday morning and went to her kitchen for his bottle. When she returned her dogs were attacking the baby.

The woman got a knife and stabbed one of the dogs, and got the child away.

The chief says the dogs then attacked the grandmother before she managed to get them outside.

Police killed the dogs in her backyard.

Authorities said the child was dead at University Hospital. Police said the grandmother was being treated at the hospital.

Police did not identify the family or say if charges would be filed.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Jenn » March 31st, 2009, 4:09 pm

:(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » March 31st, 2009, 7:12 pm

Oh God, when on earth will people fukking learn not to leave their children alone with ANY dog? What a completely preventable tragedy.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby KJS » April 1st, 2009, 11:57 am

Its insane....I put every dog away even when I left the house for 15 minutes to speak to my friend Peggy...and the only child here was 17 and was up 2 flights of stairs....safety first, foremost and ALWAYS!
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby airwalk » April 1st, 2009, 12:39 pm

There is so much about this story that makes no sense. How far away was she that she didn't hear things beginning to escalate before it reached this point. How long was she gone that permitted this to escalate to this level. Why would you ever leave a baby and two dogs unsupervised...there just are so many questions and so few answers.
airwalk
I live here

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL