NEW UKC weight pull club is forming and needs your help

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby TexasLNK9s » March 26th, 2009, 8:44 am

Red River weight pullers is a newly forming UKC club in Texas/Oklahoma. We are looking for ppl interested in becoming members. We are also looking for anyone willing to donate items for raffles or money to help support the club. We are hoping to be a sanctioned UKC club no later than May/June 2009
Our plans are to Host 6 weekends a year of pure pulling. As the club gets seasoned and funds become available we will be holding more pulls.
Starting a club isn't easy or cheap. I have done it before when I started Rip Curl Weight Pullers so ALL donations are very well appreciated.
Dues are cheap and affordable.

We also will be holding seminars, training fun matches and educational classes.

Red River Weight Pullers will be having a Fun match training seminar on Easter in Tuttle Oklahoma. It will be lots of fun. food will be supplied but your welcome to bring a dish, chips, drinks or what ever to help out. We need lots of participation and support to see this club succeed. . If your new or old to weight pulling fun matches are the best way to learn or just work your dog. So please join us. Email me for directions. rowdycreek@peoplescom.net
thanks, Lori
check out our website: http://redriverweightpullers.tripod.com/
Leather Neck K-9's
Home of hard working APBTs
CH NBOB UAGI UWPCH 'PR' LNK9 Owns the Night of Fury, CGC
UWPCHO Bowling's Semper Fidelis, CGC
UWPCHV UAGII 'PR' Bowling's Red Ranger Crimsontara, CGC
UWP LNK9s Secret weapon of Winmor, CGC
TexasLNK9s
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » March 26th, 2009, 10:58 am

Do you know Mike Hansen from Oklahoma Connection? He's the new head of the pulling program for the UKC. You might want to touch base with him, he probably knows people in your area who are active in the sport.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TexasLNK9s » March 26th, 2009, 7:14 pm

*L* yes I know him. It is he and I who are putting this club together. we both are officers of the UNWPA as well.
Leather Neck K-9's
TexasLNK9s
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » March 26th, 2009, 7:24 pm

Were you at Nationals in Enfield?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Leslie H » March 26th, 2009, 8:19 pm

No Michelle, Lori wasn't there (because we are fated to never meet in person), but she's a long time puller w/the UKC, and seems always ready to help. She gave me very good advice years back, when Xanny was being a spaz.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby TexasLNK9s » March 26th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Hi Leslie, long time no chat *LOL* how is Xanny doing? still pulling?
no i didn't make that Nationals :( I plan on doing APBT nationals this year and UNWPA, if gods willing and the creeks don't rise *LOL* oh and funds are available :wink:
Leather Neck K-9's
TexasLNK9s
Just Whelped

Postby Leslie H » March 27th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Hey. Xanny pulled her last pull Thanksgiving weekend, we finally got a rail track up here, and she got a qualifying pull to earn her Versatile title.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby TexasLNK9s » March 28th, 2009, 7:52 am

it is sad to see them retire. I have 3 retired now and 3 i am working. Give xanny a hug from a old friend :dance:
TexasLNK9s
Just Whelped

Return to Sports