Shelby pulled a Blue.....

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby BullyLady » March 24th, 2009, 11:59 pm

:rolleyes2:

She got ahold of a bag of chicken, don't ask how I'm embarrassed I should have seen it coming.... Anyways, she ate between six and eight pounds, where she normally eats two pounds a day. She hasn't puked and isn't acting like anything is wrong, but her gut is really distended and a little hard. I'm not letting her run or jump at all so that we don't get any volvulus problems, and she is CERTAINLY not eating tomorrow. Do you all think she'll be okay otherwise?

Bitch dog, apparently SisMorphine's Blue is her hero..... :cuss:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Marinepits » March 25th, 2009, 8:07 am

YIKES! :shock:

How is she doing today?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BullyLady » March 25th, 2009, 10:09 am

She seems to be doing fine. She had to sleep in her kennel last night because she wouldn't lay down, she kept pacing around and waking me up. I think she was uncomfortable. :nono: Anyways, she seems fine, but I expect massive poops today.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Jenn » March 25th, 2009, 10:19 am

:nono: Dang Shelby

Firstly, who taught her to read? I'd immediately change all my passwords ;)
Secondly, she needs to know Blue is a bad influence
Thirdly, I hope she is perfectly ok!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BritneyP » March 25th, 2009, 10:40 am

Blue is a horrible infulence and NO doggie should want to want to replicate him! :| :wink:
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 25th, 2009, 11:33 am

Yeah tell Shelby that though Blue may be hot and have all the moves, his eating habits are less than stellar when left to his own devices!!

Blue was pretty uncomfortable for a good 48 hours after he ate his 3 pounds of kibble. He crap a gabillion times and yet still begged for food (I fasted him for 24 hours and then fed him tiny amounts). Just keep an eye on her and make sure she's still pooping it out.

Shelby, you're supposed to be a lady! Follow Teeny's lead, she rarely overeats!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Tiger » March 27th, 2009, 8:02 pm

Domino did this about 2 months ago. Mind you Domino has yet to break the 40lb mark. She ate the ENTIRE 10lb bag of chicken leg quarters hubby had left on the counter to thaw. He - asleep on the couch - her - *supposed* to be cuddled up next to him while he napped and the other dogs were crated. Obviously he is a deep sleeper. She stole and ate ALL of the chicken (and some of the plastic bag, too). I did not feed her for 4 days afterward and she was fine - just starving on the fourth day.

~Tiger
Doja; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD
Gracie; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD, UDX
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Come visit http://NTBBC.com - "Changing One Mind At A Time"
You are given but one life to live, use it wisely....
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Nutrition & Health