Mange

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Marinepits » March 24th, 2009, 7:52 am

BrindleLuv wrote:Would BagBalm be a good thing to use to help heal the skin?

Not right now. You have to be careful with how much you "throw" at him all at once. If he has complications or reacts badly to something, you won't know what is causing the problem.

Let the oatmeal and Advantage work first and see how it goes. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BrindleLuv » March 24th, 2009, 10:12 am

kk Will do. Thank you so much MP!, and others!
BrindleLuv
Just Whelped

Postby call2arms » March 24th, 2009, 4:16 pm

I also recall from immunology class that flea allergies usually come in a pattern as well (variable, gut generally similar)...

Fles allergy dermatitis: copy - pasted from the 2006 WSAVA congress:
1. Pruritus (itchiness) predominantly localized to the caudal one-half of the dog.
2. Characteristic distribution pattern--partially bilaterally symmetric pattern, involve the dorsal lumbosacral (back) region, tail-base, perineum (butt region!), medial (inside), caudal (outside) thighs.
3. Crusted papules (pimples) in the umbilical fold--(especially in male dogs), an under-appreciated clinical marker for flea allergy dermatitis.
4. Lesions--crusted papules, secondary lesions associated with chronicity.
5. Fibropruritic nodules--highly characteristic clinical marker of flea allergy dermatitis in susceptible dogs.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » March 25th, 2009, 2:55 am

now that was informative!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BrindleLuv » March 26th, 2009, 8:49 am

Now that right there is something. That seems to be exactly what i see on Mack, atleast with my untrained eye.

His 2nd bath will be in a few once we get back form our walk. ill also snap some more pics
BrindleLuv
Just Whelped

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health