Portfolio Update

A place for all of our artists to show their work.

Postby demolitionic » March 23rd, 2009, 2:59 pm

Instead of just finished looks, I'm adding before and afters to my portfolio.

Here's the first set, from the other day. I wish I could have gotten her eyes in better light - they're a very beautiful green.

Here she is before:

And, after:

Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2009, 3:22 pm

Wow, she is beautiful! And pink really looks great on her!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 23rd, 2009, 3:52 pm

Lovely!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Favorite Kitty » March 23rd, 2009, 4:52 pm

You even tweezed her eyebrows!

I dont like all the mascara. Maybe thats the "in" thing? I wouldnt know because I am so "out" :sad2:
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby demolitionic » March 23rd, 2009, 4:54 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:You even tweezed her eyebrows!

I dont like all the mascara. Maybe thats the "in" thing? I wouldnt know because I am so "out" :sad2:

Haha - it's a MAC look, so yes, it's very in. :wave2:
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » March 23rd, 2009, 4:56 pm

I wish you werent so far away. I neeeeeed a makeover :nono:
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » March 23rd, 2009, 4:59 pm

Wow! Her skin tone is 100% different with the makeup.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby demolitionic » March 23rd, 2009, 5:29 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Wow! Her skin tone is 100% different with the makeup.

Yeah her skin is really blotchy and has a LOT of different tones. Plus she has mild rosacea so altogether, it's kinna difficult to do anything on her. I had to mix a lot of different foundations and contours.

She picked the look, though.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby demolitionic » March 23rd, 2009, 5:29 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:I wish you werent so far away. I neeeeeed a makeover :nono:

Come on over :wink:
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » March 23rd, 2009, 5:34 pm

Her skin looks flawless in the second pic...well done! :clap: I love before and after pics... :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby nicole » March 24th, 2009, 10:23 pm

I love the eye liner...its perfect. And i'm obsessed with eyebrows...they can make or break the whole face. Great job
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » March 25th, 2009, 3:10 am

I take it your a makeup artist?

she looks awesome.

I'm just getting in to doing "different" makeup on myself...

any tips?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby demolitionic » March 25th, 2009, 3:31 am

Malli wrote:I take it your a makeup artist?

she looks awesome.

I'm just getting in to doing "different" makeup on myself...

any tips?

Yessum, among other things :wink:

Thank you. What do you mean by different? Like, brighter colors, more glam looks, less traditional?

Biggest tips = IT DOES MATTER WHAT YOU USE TO APPLY. Invest in some good brushes, and always use a primer for your face and primer/epoxy/paint for the eyes. Makes a huuuuuuuuuge difference.

Check out some tutorials for different looks.

And invest in good products. :wink:
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » March 26th, 2009, 3:07 pm

like bright colors (mostly just around the eyes), and less traditional.

I just bought mac. 2 liquid eyeliners and a brush and 4 shadows.

I don't use concealers and coverups etc, and I'm not exactly sure what you mean by primers etc?

lol, I have so much to learn about makeup :rolleyes2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » March 26th, 2009, 3:12 pm

I'm going out to the lady bars tonight with some of my lady loving friends. I wish you were here to do my make-up!!! I'm not sure how to dress for this either . . . LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby demolitionic » March 26th, 2009, 4:27 pm

Malli wrote:like bright colors (mostly just around the eyes), and less traditional.

I don't use concealers and coverups etc, and I'm not exactly sure what you mean by primers etc?

MAC is definitely a good brand. It's one of my preferred. What brush did you get?

Since you only concentrate on eye makeup really, a primer is something that goes on your eyelid before you apply your eye makeup - it usually will make it look brighter, more intense, and hold/stay longer. You can use a MAC paint pot, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance is one of my other favorites.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby demolitionic » March 26th, 2009, 4:28 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I'm going out to the lady bars tonight with some of my lady loving friends. I wish you were here to do my make-up!!! I'm not sure how to dress for this either . . . LOL!

Wear big fake eyelashes and crazy bright makeup.

And show off the tatas. Even if you don't end up finding something that looks the way you like - they won't notice, cuz they'll be staring at your tatas.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » March 27th, 2009, 3:30 am

demolitionic wrote:
Malli wrote:like bright colors (mostly just around the eyes), and less traditional.

MAC is definitely a good brand. It's one of my preferred. What brush did you get?

Since you only concentrate on eye makeup really, a primer is something that goes on your eyelid before you apply your eye makeup - it usually will make it look brighter, more intense, and hold/stay longer. You can use a MAC paint pot, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance is one of my other favorites.

I got a small pointy brush, I think the 209 Eye liner or the 210 Precise Eye liner, its hard to tell from Mac's pictures...

I find their makeup really difficult to remove, is the primer hard to remove too?

I'm kind of excited about the primer, I got this darker purple sparkly liner it it really doesn't show up all that well when I wear it now...

I also need a new shadow brush, the one I have now sprinkles eye shadow where I don't want it...

What kind of schooling did you need to do this, if you don't mind? I kind of think on it as an art project on your face and I used to be pretty into art...
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby demolitionic » March 27th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Malli wrote:
I got a small pointy brush, I think the 209 Eye liner or the 210 Precise Eye liner, its hard to tell from Mac's pictures...

I find their makeup really difficult to remove, is the primer hard to remove too?

I'm kind of excited about the primer, I got this darker purple sparkly liner it it really doesn't show up all that well when I wear it now...

I also need a new shadow brush, the one I have now sprinkles eye shadow where I don't want it...

What kind of schooling did you need to do this, if you don't mind? I kind of think on it as an art project on your face and I used to be pretty into art...

I like the MAC 239, 217, and 275 - look into those.

And I'm self taught. Just something I picked up and was doing a lot for homecomings and proms and events and such. Then got offered a job doing it, got some professional experience, and just ended up with it under my belt.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby maberi » March 27th, 2009, 3:23 pm

demolitionic wrote:Biggest tips = IT DOES MATTER WHAT YOU USE TO APPLY. Invest in some good brushes, and always use a primer

The same thing applies to painting wood trim. Depending on the condition of things I often suggest some light sanding as well
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Next

Return to The Loft