They cut off her nipples!!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby cheekymunkee » April 20th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Yeah! Give the bastard a tittie twister & ask him if THAT is painful.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby msvette2u » April 20th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Thanks for the chuckle - I needed that... LOL
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
User avatar
msvette2u
I live here
 
Posts: 6812
Location: Eastern WA

Postby cheekymunkee » April 20th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Anyone who cuts a cats tits off deserves nothing less.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby ellie@ny » April 20th, 2006, 4:41 pm

That's sad!!! :( Poor kitty...
I would like to cut that guy......... :x
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
User avatar
ellie@ny
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 1979
Location: NY

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 20th, 2006, 5:48 pm

katiek0417 wrote:
bullymommy wrote:maybe we should cut off his and then say oh i just wanted to get a close shave so you wouldnt get infected!


I'd love to see his reaction to that... :clap:

I understand the need to get close....but, seriously...was that necessary...and how come there are many doctors out there who don't cut off the nipples?
YIKES! I agree
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
User avatar
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger
 
Posts: 4426
Location: Northeastern, USA

Postby msvette2u » April 20th, 2006, 6:20 pm

Please feel free to make suggestions or edit as necessary!

I am writing to express my disappointment in your treatment of my cat, who, during her spay surgery, had her nipples badly scraped and cut on the ends while being shaved. I am also very surprised and disappointed in your apparent lack of caring and concern for her and for the situation once the matter was brought to your attention.

We live in Prosser, WA, but traveled to Zillah as we had heard your spay rates were good. Indeed, your spay rates are very low, making the trip to Zillah from Prosser worth the time and money it takes to travel there.
We even did have a satisfactory experience with a cat we’d previously had spayed there, Sheena.

This time, with my little calico cat, Saffron, I was very startled to see, upon checking her stomach for her incision, that she had been carelessly scraped across not one or two but all four nipples in the region of the incision. One the one side, it appears one nipple is almost halfway torn off.

While you say it isn’t a “painful” condition, I dare you to take a razor and shave your nipple partially off and see if it does not hurt. The cat feels no less discomfort, as evidenced by her licking the spots where she was injured during her procedure, as much as or more so than the incision itself.

If you had even said anything when I picked her up, I wouldn’t be as upset as I am right now. As it is, it appears you were in such a hurry to get the surgery over with that you didn’t even notice her bleeding nipples.

Friends of mine have told me that when they work(ed) in vet clinics, if such an event happens they notified the owner at once, and care was always taken to not scrape or cut the nipples.

In fact one of my friends had this to say:

“In all of the vet hospitals I've worked at, and the groomer's too, there was only ever one incident of that and it was purely an insane accident and we called the owners right away. Why would they not tell you? It's not like it's not noticeable. Ridiculous!!”

When I returned I expected a professional demeanor and a sincere apology, rather I got some of “I’m sorry you feel like that” which is not taking responsibility for the accident and injury.

You said “Well it’s because her nipples are small” yet I am sure you’ve done other small size cats successfully. In fact Sheena was similar in size yet she came away unscathed other than the surgical incision.

I am an Animal Control Officer in the state of Washington – and I made many referrals to your clinic but I can assure you that if anyone asks I will steer them away from your clinic, if not solely due to the “mishap” that injured my cat, then especially due to your reaction and lack of regard for her situation upon my pointing it out to you.

I took my time this morning, despite having had gastric surgery on Monday the 17th, the gasoline involved in driving from Prosser to Zillah and back (and you know that is not cheap!) and brought my cat back in hopes you’d see fit to perhaps refund or reimburse some of the surgery expense, because of her injuries.

I got little in the way of sympathy or concern.

I cannot, in good conscience, recommend you to anyone again.

If Saffron has any further complications related to the shearing off of her nipples, I will contact you at once.

This letter is to document what happened and what your reaction was to the situation.

Sincerely,
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
User avatar
msvette2u
I live here
 
Posts: 6812
Location: Eastern WA

Postby girlie » April 20th, 2006, 6:46 pm

You should add to the letter about your experience when you returned to discuss the matter face to face.
girlie
Devoutly Bully
 
Posts: 806
Location: Here

Postby mnp13 » April 20th, 2006, 7:14 pm

pitcess wrote:You should add to the letter about your experience when you returned to discuss the matter face to face.

I agree.

I would also add that you expect them to take care of any needed follow up care since the injuries are due to their negligence.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Marinepits » April 20th, 2006, 7:19 pm

mnp13 wrote:
pitcess wrote:You should add to the letter about your experience when you returned to discuss the matter face to face.

I agree.

I would also add that you expect them to take care of any needed follow up care since the injuries are due to their negligence.


Right on.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby Jenn » April 20th, 2006, 7:26 pm

One the one side, it appears one nipple is almost halfway torn off.


I think you mean "on" the one side. That's all I see, and I agree with the other suggestions.
User avatar
Jenn
undecided
 
Posts: 11382
Location: TX

Postby msvette2u » April 20th, 2006, 8:07 pm

(add this to the other one)

In fact one of my friends had this to say:

“In all of the vet hospitals I've worked at, and the groomer's too, there was only ever one incident of that and it was purely an insane accident and we called the owners right away. Why would they not tell you? It's not like it's not noticeable. Ridiculous!!”

When I returned I expected a professional demeanor and a sincere apology, rather I got some of “I’m sorry you feel like that” which is not taking responsibility for the accident and injury.

You said “Well it’s because her nipples are small” yet I am sure you’ve done other small size cats successfully. In fact Sheena was similar in size yet she came away unscathed other than the surgical incision.

I am an Animal Control Officer in the state of Washington – and I made many referrals to your clinic but I can assure you that if anyone asks I will steer them away from your clinic, if not solely due to the “mishap” that injured my cat, then especially due to your reaction and lack of regard for her situation upon my pointing it out to you.

I took my time this morning, despite having had gastric surgery on Monday the 17th, the gasoline involved in driving from Prosser to Zillah and back (and you know that is not cheap!) and brought my cat back in hopes you’d see fit to perhaps refund or reimburse some of the surgery expense, because of her injuries.

I got little in the way of sympathy or concern.

I cannot, in good conscience, recommend you to anyone again.

If Saffron has any further complications related to the shearing off of her nipples, I will contact you at once.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
User avatar
msvette2u
I live here
 
Posts: 6812
Location: Eastern WA

Postby girlie » April 20th, 2006, 8:20 pm

Minor edit to your words:

If Saffron has any further complications related to the shearing off of her nipples, I will contact not only you but i will also be contacting (lawyer/BBB/whoever you see fit) at once.

Let them know how serious you are.
girlie
Devoutly Bully
 
Posts: 806
Location: Here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 20th, 2006, 8:25 pm

msvette2u wrote:(add this to the other one)

In fact one of my friends had this to say:

“In all of the vet hospitals I've worked at, and the groomer's too, there was only ever one incident of that and it was purely an insane accident and we called the owners right away. Why would they not tell you? It's not like it's not noticeable. Ridiculous!!”

When I returned I expected a professional demeanor and a sincere apology, rather I got some of “I’m sorry you feel like that” which is not taking responsibility for the accident and injury.

You said “Well it’s because her nipples are small” yet I am sure you’ve done other small size cats successfully. In fact Sheena was similar in size yet she came away unscathed other than the surgical incision.

I am an Animal Control Officer in the state of Washington – and I made many referrals to your clinic but I can assure you that if anyone asks I will steer them away from your clinic, if not solely due to the “mishap” that injured my cat, then especially due to your reaction and lack of regard for her situation upon my pointing it out to you.

I took my time this morning, despite having had gastric surgery on Monday the 17th, the gasoline involved in driving from Prosser to Zillah and back (and you know that is not cheap!) and brought my cat back in hopes you’d see fit to perhaps refund or reimburse some of the surgery expense, because of her injuries.

I got little in the way of sympathy or concern.

I cannot, in good conscience, recommend you to anyone again.

If Saffron has any further complications related to the shearing off of her nipples, I will contact you at once.


Done, do you want me to add pitcess' sentence also?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby Marinepits » April 20th, 2006, 8:39 pm

Absolutely.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby msvette2u » April 20th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Pitcess, good idea. I've pasted it all together - will get it in the mail tomorrow...thanks so much for your help, you guys. Hopefully that guy won't do this to any other cats!!! (I put BBB on there)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
User avatar
msvette2u
I live here
 
Posts: 6812
Location: Eastern WA

Postby mnp13 » April 20th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Send it certified, return receipt
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Purple » April 21st, 2006, 8:37 am

Great letter, crappy vet.
User avatar
Purple
I live here
 
Posts: 5115

Postby Miakoda » April 21st, 2006, 12:29 pm

msvette2u wrote:I took the cat up there, he just said yeah it looked as if he'd nicked them (the one especially) and "sorry" that was about it. I was very unimpressed. I told him it looked very careless and he just said "OK". He said he'd rather get too close than leave hair and have it give the cat an infection. :|


That should NEVER ever happen. I suggest finding a new vet asap.
User avatar
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully
 
Posts: 953
Location: Louisiana

Postby Sariss » April 22nd, 2006, 9:51 am

I hope it works out!

But... it may not have been the vet who clipped the cats stomach. The vet was probably scrubbing up for surgery, so it was probably an assistant/tech.
User avatar
Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 136
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby msvette2u » April 22nd, 2006, 9:58 am

No - he admitted shaving her stomach himself. A vet tech probably WOULD have been more careful!
I will get the letter sent Monday. The cat licked the scabs until they came off. I know it was painful to her. She wouldn't lick her nipples for no reason, she knew something was wrong :rolleyes2:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
User avatar
msvette2u
I live here
 
Posts: 6812
Location: Eastern WA

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]

cron