Hi from Texas

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby SpikesMom » March 23rd, 2009, 1:25 am

This would be my first time posting here...my 2 girls and I live in Centex, courtesy of the US Army (ugh), and their father who continues to volunteer to do that (note my sarcasim). We've recently adopted an abused pit puppy who is both the sweetest thing and most dense creature God has created. I've never owned a pit, truth be told, I've actually gone out of my way to not foster them because of the presumed assumptions that follow the breed around. However, something about Spike is different.
Anywho..I look forward to chatting with you all!
SpikesMom
Just Whelped

Postby demolitionic » March 23rd, 2009, 2:56 am

Hey there, fellow Texan :wave2:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby DemoDick » March 23rd, 2009, 3:39 am

There's a famous Luby's in your town. I know things.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Marinepits » March 23rd, 2009, 8:27 am

Welcome to the forum! What made you decide to get a pit bull puppy? Was it a temporary lapse in sanity? :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » March 23rd, 2009, 9:54 am

SpikesMom wrote:most dense creature God has created
Not "dense" stubborn. :)

WELCOME :wave2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » March 23rd, 2009, 11:08 am

Hello and Welcome to PBT :wave2: Pictures are always welcome. (hint, hint)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby KJS » March 23rd, 2009, 12:49 pm

Hello and welcome in! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 23rd, 2009, 3:23 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby demolitionic » March 23rd, 2009, 3:36 pm

BTW, my girl is wicked dense also.

Welcome. We have jackets.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 23rd, 2009, 5:03 pm

Welcome to the forum, Spikes Mom. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » March 24th, 2009, 9:05 am

Welcome!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby SpikesMom » March 24th, 2009, 10:27 pm

Yes the Lubby's here is quite "intense" in history....Ironically, I've never been there, or seen the bulding as I believe it was torn down before I was stationed on Hood. I came to Hood in 2001, a few days after 9/11. Imagine my suprise! I am NOT a Texan, nor do I aspire to be one, LOL. Definately, a..."ehm"...country of it's own??? LOL. Now, why did I get a pit puppy? Well we had a BullMastiff/Pit mix for the longest time...UNTIL, he decided the neighbor got too close to our daughter and bit the crap out of the neighbor (bear in mind she's insanely ugly, loud and beats her own dogs like crazy). We had no choice but to rehome him due to the lawsuit that shortly followed in the months that followed. As a matter of fact, I was served with the papers the day I came home from the hospital after delivering my youngest- which was some 23 months after the bite occured. Even though she reached over the fence, the insurance company settled. BS, HUH? Yah I thought so too. Anyhow, we fostered for a while, but, never really had any bond with your typical "family breeds", infact, I cannot count the times the kids were nipped, or I was straight bitten by a few goldens we fostered for 2 weeks. Since I had left Active duty, and started working my civillian life (I'm a nurse) I decided to quit fostering for the rescue (didn't agree with a lot that rescues do). My husband, who's in Afghanistan right now, and I were talking about wether or not to get another dog or not. He said yes, then I said, no, then I said yes and he said no. Well....I rule the roost. I decided to do more than 'normal' research on dog breeds. I knew from fostering, that a small dog with small kids is a recipe for disaster. It's not the dogs fault, not the kids fault....just typically a bad comination. I knew from working in the ER that ANY dog COULD and WOULD bite if pushed. The one thing that continually came up as a child friendly breed were the AMStaff/Bulldog..*drumroll* APBT's. We went to Animal Control after we spayed our cat to register her with the city, and there he was...Spike. He was and is such a goofball. I paid the little fee to get him out of puppy prison and brought him home. In retrospect..was it the best of all ideas? Hell no. But, he's not like any other dog we've ever had in this house. He plays rough with the kids, sometimes too rough, it's just as much the kids fault as it is his. He pee's in the house (hence the dense comment), but he wants nothing more than to be at my feet. That's it. He likes his toys, but gives them up in a minute if we leave the room. I'm not sure if he knows that he's a dog. My husband, is leary about him being the dreaded man-eater that I'm sure he'll be (mind you, he sleeps in my bed under the covers and is terrifed of our cat), but with time..well, he'll get over it. On the flip side, when I was in Iraq, there was a working Pit that the MP's used. Now, that was in early 2003, so if the dog is still working or not, I dunno. He may have even been a Pit mix, either which way, that thing was smart as a whip and never knew a stranger..unless, he was told it was a stranger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpikesMom
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » March 24th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » March 24th, 2009, 11:25 pm

Your little girl and the puppy are precious!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Introductions