Which kennel would you choose?

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby bullyboi » April 20th, 2006, 1:12 pm

My girl is 41 pounds right now and and medium drive/energy. So which of these too kennels would you choose?

links to both
http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp?pcID=7&paID=1053&sonID=204&page=1&productID=588

http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp?pcID=7&paID=1053&sonID=204&page=1&productID=15418

My girl has a breathing problem and i am thinking about getting one of these to keep her in outside instead of a crate indoors when we are not home because a proper chain set up is not really an option.. I dont really live were people would try and steal her but i would always padlock it anyway.

thanks aaron

sorry i didnt really know were to post this mods.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby girlie » April 20th, 2006, 1:17 pm

I would go with the second one.

If you really like the size of the first one, i would reinforce the sides with 2x4's and put a roof on that bad boy.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » April 20th, 2006, 1:18 pm

The one with a roof!!! To protect from weather and escapes!

I just experienced the downfall of chain link with no top through one of our members, she had her dogs at a boarding facility. Her two dogs do not like eachother and one was able to climb up the chain link and into the other run to start a fight!

It sounds like you only have one dog but if one can climb out so can the rest of them, it just takes determination!!

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby bullyboi » April 20th, 2006, 1:25 pm

The roof is extra but i would pay it and the second one looks more sturdy and heavier. I would put a roof on it though dont worry. And i would put a kennel in there too.

This is what they say about the last one......

"All Steel, 8 gauge, 2" x 4" wire mesh construction. Full-swinging, dog-proof, lockable latch door opens inward and outward. One inch extended base legs elevate the kennel walls off the ground for easy cleaning to prevent bacteria build-up. Wire mesh is welded directly into the steel frame, then galvanized to prevent rust. No sharp or jagged edges. Easy assembly, clamp together design assembles in 15 minutes.

6'H x 5'W x 10L
Kennel and cover sold seperately."
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » April 20th, 2006, 1:40 pm

I like that one!

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Maryellen » April 20th, 2006, 2:05 pm

i like the second one, and whenyou get it give me your address so i can come with bolt cutters and get rid of the lock and cut the wiring to steal Cali, and if i cant steal her, a piece of poison meat would work too......

even though you might not live in a high theft area, you must be very very careful....

what about a dog day care set up where she DOESNT interact with other dogs, but is in a kennel environment ? the kennel by me specializes in pitbulls, and knows not to let them interact at all...

what allergies does she have?? can she be kenneled maybe in the house in a giant crate instead of outside??

i just worry about people trying to steal or poison her..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 20th, 2006, 2:14 pm

I guess that is something i should think about but i am only thinking of her because she was diagnosed with a collasped treacha about 2 days ago. So when ever she gets excited she starts coughing and hacking. She gets it alot worse inside the house and i think the dust and everything thing else irritates it. I had her outside and she was running around and doing alot better out there. So when we are not home which is not even very long. She will be out there and she can get some fresh air. She doesnt have the perfect tempement and is territorial, she really wouldnt like someone coming up to her cage if she didnt know them but then again if they wanted to steal her they could probaly just talk to her and she would be fine but who knows and it would be in the backyard were people driving by cant see but my neibors can, noone has a reason to poisen her but that doesnt mean it wouldnt happen to her :?.

So i guess these are some things to think about.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 20th, 2006, 2:40 pm

You may want to have her wear a harness instead of a collar for a while. That sucks, I hope she is going to be OK.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby bullyboi » April 20th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Thanks yea i have a collar right now but i sent out a money order for a harness to stillwater and a leash and they seem to never have gotten it :? :(
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » April 20th, 2006, 2:52 pm

bullyboi wrote:Thanks yea i have a collar right now but i sent out a money order for a harness to stillwater and a leash and they seem to never have gotten it :? :(

You should contact the money order company ( the number & contact info is on the money order stub) and see if it has been cashed. If not they will be able to refund your money.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bullyboi » April 20th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Thanks, will do i am gonna get the stub right now.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » April 20th, 2006, 4:19 pm

10x10 = 100 sq. feet

5 x 10 = 50 sq feet

Height is really not an issue here, so why get the taller kennel for more money and less square footage?

You will need to put a top on it no matter what.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby a-bull » April 20th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Second one . . .

I don't know about your dog, but I think my female would drag that first one with her. :D
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 20th, 2006, 5:17 pm

a-bull wrote:Second one . . .

I don't know about your dog, but I think my female would drag that first one with her. :D

My thoughts exactly, it looks like it might just blow over lol. If i did get that i would have to tie it down.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » April 20th, 2006, 6:31 pm

We have the first one. I wouldn't keep a dog in it that was built like a pit bull.
The 2nd one looks much more sturdy and with a top should be escape proof.
You'll need to put it on concrete or patio blocks so she can't dig out.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby bullyboi » April 20th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Yea forget the first one, i really like the akc one but someone told me they got them and even though it said they wont rust they all did. And then the people who make them just said it was not there problem.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SpiritFngrz » April 21st, 2006, 11:49 am

We have the first one for our pheasant. He lives in it. But yet he is too small to move it. We have a tarp over it.
Something definitely with shade though
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Return to Gallery and Cinema